TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

New WWE characters thread

I thought that with the rumored addition of a bunch of OVW stars to the Smackdown and RAW rosters in the near future, a thread could be used to discuss the new characters. So far we have seen MNM and the HeartThrobs debut. Another character is debuting on Smackdown. PWTorch reports that...(includes SD spoilers)

-Matt Morgan, a Tough Enough dropout due to injury a few years back, was called up from OVW to be on the Smackdown roster. His gimmick is that he stutters. Jillian Hall was also called up and her gimmick is that she's going to have a prosthetic mole on her face. These ideas were courtesy of the WWE writers, not their existing OVW gimmicks.

DAMN do those gimmicks sound horrible.

Anyways, PWTorch goes on to write that:

The Heart Breakers, who debuted on Raw last night, and MNM, who debuted on Smackdown last week, kept their OVW gimmicks. MNM was considered a "money act" by those in OVW. There is concern within OVW that WWE is going to screw up the spirit of the Heart Breakers act, which is that they're oblivious to their "stereotypical gayness," a spoof on the Obliviously Gay Duo on Saturday Night Live.

So this thread is simply there to talk and discuss the new characters WWE is bringing in this spring.

SPOILERS:

Matt Morgan Fuckup Version 2.0 coming up. This guy is money, and this makes the second time in as many years they botch it.

Jillian Hall with a prosthetic mole? Robin Hood: Men In Tights called, they want their 12 year old joke back.

you're right those spoiler gimmicks sound HORRIBLE!

I'm guessing that the "mole" gimmick is more based on Fred Savage's character in Goldmember. So they're really only ripping off a three-year-old joke.

For anyone who watches OVW, how has Alexis Laree been doing? Do you think she'll be brought up to the main roster soon?

Can having a mole REALLY be a gimmick?

Why didn't they just go the route of the Fairly Oddparents and have her have a giant boil on her face that controls her mind?

I just don't see that staying on during a match.

But I'm assuming this woman will wrestle. Silly me!

Jillian Hall is a fantastic wrestler my friend, lets hope she wrestles.

Like Gail Kim supposedly was?

Guest JMA

I suspect that WWE is gradually phasing out women's wrestling. I wouldn't be surprised if Trish retired the women's title soon.

I have a big head and an acne problem, wheres my contract? The posters write themselves.

What's Gene Snitsky got to do with anything? Speaking of Gene they should turn him face by having him break the Maters Lock.

I'm guessing that the "mole" gimmick is more based on Fred Savage's character in Goldmember.  So they're really only ripping off a three-year-old joke.

And Lawler will be like MOLEY-MOLEY-MOLEY-MOLE!.......PUPPIES!

How about instead of a skin mole, she has an animal mole grafted to her face that's always trying to burrow through the air.

mole.jpg

GET ME OFFA HERE!

I suspect that WWE is gradually phasing out women's wrestling. I wouldn't be surprised if Trish retired the women's title soon.

From your mouth to God's ears.

Guest BDC

Morgan's sounds like like a Dudley ripoff, and that didn't even work when Vince first got them.

A mole? A MOLE?! C'mon, off the top of my head... a badass woman character that levels even guys. Guys hit on her, she takes his head off and when she wrestles other women, shooter style beating.

Guest BDC
Why the fuck was that Dudley comment spoiler tagged? That shit is from '99. Uber-spoiler indeed.

Just posting in the spirit of the first post.

Is it me or do these "creative" ideas sound like it comes from E-fed fanboys instead of coming from the minds of real writers.

Please, show some respect for e-feds. The weirdest character I remember recently was Uncle Filthy, host of a truly disturbing kids' TV show... and even that was better than a prosthetic mole (actually, Uncle Filthy was bloody funny). I tell you, most e-fed writers could do better than THIS.