TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Czech Republic

The Current Events folder. It's a lot like Hitler.

You haven't been here nearly long enough to know how much of a cancer he was for any hopes of civil discussion. He really should have been banned a year ago when he turned the Movies folder thread about Farenheit 9/11, not the CE one, into a political flamewar singlehandedly.

I've not seen the thread, but Moore's movie was political film, full of lies and when discussing a film one usually talks about the content.

He's done nothing but have close-minded arguments and refuse to admit being wrong when there's mountains of evidence against him, instead just insulting everyone else.

What evidence? Give one example that is not politically debatable? Hell, give me one example of anytime you've admitted to being wrong in the CE folder.

I'm sure that if someone were to try and look up every instance where Mike did something at least warn-worthy that it would be more than 500 instances, regardless of the weaker grip of the rules in the CE folder.

Was he ever warned? I would presume not, because he's been doing the same thing since this place started. The only thing that's changed is the politcial affiliation of the mods.

If he was warned, never changed, and was never punished then who's fault is that? I would argue both Mike and the Mods.

He's a self-styled conservative monolith who used an extensive vocablulary to pick on those he knew he could easily beat. Whatever town he's from in this state I wouldn't mind being wiped off the map.

Read: You disagreed with him politically and couldn't beat him in a deabte, because you are by and large ingorant of politics. Tyler and Jobber make quality posts in CE, you, not so much.

Was Mike overbearing? Yes. Was he offensive? Not really. Was he wrong factually on most anything he said? No.

I know who banned him and I can't see a single reason why. They would make nearly identical posts in the TNA folder, usually with Mike posting first and the Mod in question never posted in CE that I saw. The Mod, who I like and who's wrestling knoweldge I respect has made "warn worthing" posts in the past.

I can understand Anglesault's banning and holding up the ban. He was obnoxious in just about every way. Mike posted in two folders for the most part, CE where there is (or at least was a disclaimer) and TNA, where only 4 people post.

You've cited one thread that had to been about a year ago. Give me a good reason why he was banned?

Guest Vitamin X
Remember what happened to CE last time Mike was gone?

No, considering he wasn't gone for very long.

Although do you think this means the coming of a kinder, gentler, more welcoming CE?

Guest Vitamin X
You've cited one thread that had to been about a year ago. Give me a good reason why he was banned?

I think the sheer idiocy of tolerating the whole "Islam is nothing more than a death cult." thing is pretty bad, on par with that guy who posted all the good things Hitler did and was swiftly axed.

I know who banned him and I can't see a single reason why.  They would make nearly identical posts in the TNA folder, usually with Mike posting first and the Mod in question never posted in CE that I saw. The Mod, who I like and who's wrestling knoweldge I respect has made "warn worthing" posts in the past.

... and the Mod in question never posted in CE that I saw.

So ? Doesn't stop 'the Mod in question' from reading the posts Mike made, not just in CE but in other forums too.

The Mod, who I like and who's wrestling knoweldge I respect has made "warn worthing" posts in the past.

I don't doubt that if someone was annoyed enough about any specific things the Mod posted, that they would have complained to someone. As far as I know, nobody complained. If you see future posts that are 'warn worthing', feel free to complain about them.

It wasn't one specific thing that Mike did that saw him get banned. It was the culmination of a lot of things.

You've cited one thread that had to been about a year ago.  Give me a good reason why he was banned?

I think the sheer idiocy of tolerating the whole "Islam is nothing more than a death cult." thing is pretty bad, on par with that guy who posted all the good things Hitler did and was swiftly axed.

I'll agree that that shit is over the line and an incorrect overgeneralization. Was he ever warned about it?

:( I'd never thought I was someone who's gender was easily confused.

If you were a chick I bet you'd have big tirts

The Farenheit 9/11 Thread

Mike's first post in the thread:

Does making asinine comments make you cool?

-=Mike

This is what he was responding to:

QUOTE (NoCalMike @ Jun 28 2004, 03:24 AM)

I never really saw anything in this film to suggest that Moore, "hates america" 

Didn't you know? Disagreeing with the government in power means that you hate your country. 

Mike's post was clearly in relation to the movie.

Skip ahead:

Mike responding to two post of Rober Ebert's feelings on the film:

"The Reagans" was MILDLY critical?

Ebert is a fucking moron.

-=Mike

Pointing out that Ebert is a hypocrite and calling him, not a poster a "fucking moron" saw this get posted by Zsasz:

Could you stop being so bitchy and obsessively pedantic?

Which would be the flame thrown in thread.

What's Mike's response you ask? Maybe a vicisous and invective flame? Let's see...

will if you will...

-=Mike

..."So what if a movie invents things to make a man look bad? The man IS A REPUBLICAN! HE DESERVES IT, DAMMIT!"

Which was imediately followed by this post from Renegade:

Might want to change the title to "post and let Mike troll"

Pretty good movie I thought, better than I thought it would be.

Mike then called him a "dolt," an insult for severe that I'm sure poor Renegade didn't sleep for weeks because he was so upset.

Yup, Mike single-handely turned that thread into a flame war.

EDIT: Unless it was this thread about the movie, in which case my point is proven by Mike's first post:

Farenheit 9/11 trailer, now available...

Edited by Some Guy

CE might not have been as active when he was gone, but I'll take low traffic with good discussion over a busy folder full of flaming and stubborn arguments.

EDIT: You can still discuss something's asthetic merit without addressing its content. But since it's something you disagree with, they're one and the same. I'm not even the one that banned him. Wish I had been though.

Notices that Kotz decided to no sell my posts rather than attempting to refute them and that the Mod who banned him has made only one post in this thread that said nothing.

Oh Jesus, go ahead and jump to conclusions, I didn't notice the thread had gone to a third page and was responding to Czech's last post on Page 2. Go ahead and jump to conclusions anyway.

Some Guy, you better read the Fahrenheit 9/11 thread over again.

There has NEVER been such a blatant derailing of a thread before. People were simply not allowed to discuss Moore's film without Mike screaming about how untrue the facts were. This was not a thread in the Current Events folder. This was a thread in the Movies/Television folder. People should be allowed to discuss the movie based on its documentary style, entertainment value, cinematography, and yes, on the facts it presented. Mike did not allow any of that. I really felt he should have been banned right at that point, but others didn't agree. Oddly, his banning has happened now, when he hasn't been nearly as much of a nuisance.

If one makes the case that Mike's banning has been a long time waiting, that Fahrenheit 9/11 thread is proof enough.

Bad move. If the mods disagreed with what he posted in a thread over a year ago they should have done something about it then. Mike generated a lot of interesting discussion and even argument in CE (politics is ABOUT argument, take that away and it's nothing) CE is going to be a lot less worth visiting now. Where's Dr. Tom in this? Didn't he say something to the effect that as long as he was a mod Mike wouldn't be banned?

"There has NEVER been such a blatant derailing of a thread before. People were simply not allowed to discuss Moore's film without Mike screaming about how untrue the facts were."

This is virtually every single F 9/11 thread anywhere except for a happy little hippie commune message board.

It's virtually impossible to discuss the movie without discussing it's dubious "facts" and version of reality.

Really awful example.

This is bullshit. When did this board become so ban-happy? How was Mike hurting the site? If you didn't like his arguments, guess what, you can just ignore him. We've gotten way too fucking strict on the rules here, and it's starting to look like popularity and mod favoritism is playing far too strong a role in who gets punished and who gets away with it. Some people need to grow some thicker skin in response to some of this so-called "trolling" and "flaming". Too many posters have been banned who in my opinion either didn't call for it or who deserve a second chance. I'm not kidding, this is seriously messing with my enjoyment of this board.

Enough, We the Conservative Brigade of The Smart Marks Current Events Folder Hold these truths to be Self Evidence that all Posters Shall be treated equally, and therefore have the right to post without fear of banning! We hereby reject the tyranny of the Modship Royal Crown and form a militia to defend our freedoms and extend our grieavnces for unfair banning practices lest we secede from the board as per the undersiged...Slapnuts! (add your names and defend your liberty!)

1781-I1.jpg

SPIRIT.GIF

Enough, We the Conservative Brigade of The Smart Marks Current Events Folder Hold these truths to be Self Evidence that all Posters Shall be treated equally, and therefore have the right to post without fear of banning! We hereby reject the tyranny of the Modship Royal Crown and form a militia to defend our freedoms and extend our grieavnces for unfair banning practices lest we secede from the board as per the undersiged...Slapnuts! Trafalger Haskins! (add your names and defend your liberty!)

1781-I1.jpg

SPIRIT.GIF

shhh

Shoot, I released the declaration too early. Woops. So, we still on for dumping post counts into the recycle bin while dressed like Indians?

Boy, this place is starting to resemble Nazi Germany around the time of the Nurrenberg Laws, with the banning of posters with different opinions...