TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

2 top 100 Video Game Lists

I should mention that once you can use a sword, you can temp save at owl statues, which you can also teleport to with an ocarina song.

Edit: Suikoden 2 will be on my list.

IOW, a "soft save" that'll rescue your BUTT if you die, but gone when you turn the power off?

Saves the day you are on and all your items, but is deleted after you start it up again. You can use it multiple times in the three day cycle, just make sure to save everytime you turn it off if you don't go back to day 1.

Suikoden 2 will be on my list. No Zelda game will be, though. I certainly understand why the series has appeal, but I don't particularly like playing action RPGs. Artistically brilliant games that I don't enjoy playing won't make my list.

^^ UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Everybody's list will include at LEAST 1 Zelda game, in the top 10! THIS I COMMAND!!

*has Jer dragged off to the firing squads*

No Zelda for me. Hardly anything from Nintendo. Probably just Super Metroid and DKC.

Guest Askewniverse

I just finished ranking my list. Now I just have to write up the short paragraphs.

I think most people aren't going to like my list. No RPGs, no FPS, and several sports games.

Safe bet: everybody is going to hate everyone else's list.

The burning question: will people hate CronoT's or Anya's list the most?

Guest Askewniverse
Safe bet:  everybody is going to hate everyone else's list.

The burning question:  will people hate CronoT's or Anya's list the most?

No idea who will have a more hated list, but I have a pretty good idea of what game will be #1 on Anya's list.

Buffy Chaos Bleeds sucks! Anya's voice actress is horrible. Sounds nothing like Emma.

Anya's top 10:

1. Final Fantasy VII

2. Tekken 5

3. Final Fantasy VIII

4. Xenosaga Ep 1

5. Xenosaga Ep 2

6. Final Fantasy VI

7. Mortal Kombat 3

8. Final Fantasy X

9. Final Fantasy V

10. Final Fantasy IV

Kidding of course--you'd put some other games in 4 and 5.

Guest CronoT
Safe bet: everybody is going to hate everyone else's list.

The burning question: will people hate CronoT's or Anya's list the most?

As for my choice in games, I take one of Ben Franklin's sayings to heart: Try everything; in moderation.

Except for Sports games, I like to think of myself as a well-rounded player.

Guest JebusNassedar
Safe bet:

My list is the only one that will be "WTF" from everyone, not hated, but "WTF".

Don;t bet on that.

People will probably hate my list most since it'll likely include 1 or 2 wrestling games.

Since I've just seen everyone throwing around ideas and I'm not sure who's "in charge" (if anyone) what do I need to do and when do I need to have it completed by?

I'm guessing I'm supposed to list my top 30 games of all-time with a paragraph or so write-up explaining why they deserve to be there, correct? If so, is that it?

Guest CronoT
People will probably hate my list most since it'll likely include 1 or 2 wrestling games.

Since I've just seen everyone throwing around ideas and I'm not sure who's "in charge" (if anyone) what do I need to do and when do I need to have it completed by?

I'm guessing I'm supposed to list my top 30 games of all-time with a paragraph or so write-up explaining why they deserve to be there, correct? If so, is that it?

Yep; then PM or e-mail it to Flik. I'm currently on game #18.

Alright, I'm in charge (cause, I don't know) so here we go:

Please include a list of 30 games that are in order with at least a paragraph or so (keep it short please) on why they are on your list. These wordings might be used for our main placement of games.

Please note that all games have to be in order from 30 to 1.

You have until May 9th to complete your list, please PM me the list when completed. I'll then take some time from May 9th to May 15th to get the final list done up. Then we'll have a discussion probably on the 15th or 16th depending on when people feel like it. We've got until the 19th to get the discussion going, as one of the panelists will be out of town on the 20th onward.

Then after the discussion I'll tidy it up for easy reading. Of course, there will be rules regarding the dicussion of games (we've got 12 people after all), so we need to make it tidy and stuff for easy reading.

Halfway there. Tired now.

I think no matter what, certain genres are going to be woefully underrepresented in any given person's list. 3D platformer/adventure and sports are getting the shaft in mine.

Guest CronoT
Halfway there. Tired now.

I think no matter what, certain genres are going to be woefully underrepresented in any given person's list. 3D platformer/adventure and sports are getting the shaft in mine.

I'm down to #8. :P

Also, don't expect any sports games or any GTA games from me.

Guest JebusNassedar

Done with numbering. but not with writeups.

I've only got one sports game, and no GTA. HAR~

Guest wildpegasus

If i happen to do this list what's the exact criteria I should be judging by? Favourites?

If i happen to do this list what's the exact criteria I should be judging by? Favourites?

Criteria is replability, how good the game was at the time of its creation, how well it stands against the test of time, originality (as well in RPGs, case, how well the storyline was done since all RPGs nearly land in "save the world") and a little favortism since we aren't gonna be able to abolish it entirely.

Hence if something's placed on the point made Top 30 list that we don't agree with, I'll have all 12 lists and explain what the person who ranked it highest said about it, and we'll debate it. Of course, the discussion itself can also cause rankings to change as well, depending on dissenters and a meaningful argument presented. Considering a greater majority would be needed to change the Top 30 that'll be created, don't think it'll happen.

People forget about Sam & Max, Monkey Island, Leasure Suit Larry and give some love to the 80's D&D games that had the decoder ring!

It's a toss up between Grim Fandango or Monkey Island 1 for getting on my list.

I wanted to toss LOOM in the running too, but that'd really be a bit of a stretch.

"Of it's generation," meaing the best RPG on the PlayStation. .

No.

Agreed. I could EASILY list at least 5 better RPGs on the PSX.

(in no order)

Suikoden 1 and 2

Azure Dreams

Dragon Warrior 7

Final Fantasy 9(waits for the fallout from that one)

Persona 1 and 2

And that's without even having to stop and think.

Someone here likes Azure Dreams? I got it, not knowing what it was about and have to say I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me as I played it. But saying it's better than FFVII is a long stretch. Konami can and has done better.