TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Use Your Illusion

Xbox 360 design officially revealed...

I thought it looked very Mac-ish.

I'm definitely not a fan either, but then I won't be buying it. Sony will create something sixty times slicker looking than this thing, if the PSP is anything to go by.

It's ONLY that size in comparison to an average human head? I'm surprised.

"Honestly, I hate it. I'd take the old Xbox look over this. Looks like a freaking PC."

The X-Box was basically a freaking PC, though. :P

It looks really boring, though.

It's the game console you can take to meet your mother.

Honestly, I hate it. I'd take the old Xbox look over this. Looks like a freaking PC.

I always thought the X-Pacx was really friggin' ugly, so this is just continuing the legacy of bad-looking designs.

A color change or a nice logo on it would do wonders.

I'm with UYI here. It looks like it an Apple inspired design. I'm not a big fan of the minimalist design, but I guess they could do worse.

...And, is that the disembodied head of R.O.B. to the right of the controller?

I'm with UYI here. It looks like it an Apple inspired design. I'm not a big fan of the minimalist design, but I guess they could do worse.

...And, is that the disembodied head of R.O.B. to the right of the controller?

Damn hippy Macs.

http://spoonman.roarvgm.com/videogame/nes-ROB-2-s.jpg

Naw, only has one eye and it's more rounded.

I'm guessing it's going to be the X-eYe Toy or something. :P

This design looks EVEN WORSE than the current one!

Hell, the controller of the XBOX 360 makes it look even worse! It looks like one of those 20 dollar USB PC controllers you can buy at stores...

Guest Vitamin X

I think it looks just fine. How a system looks isn't going to determine if I want it or not, and it's far from ugly. It looks a lot better than the squarish PS2, but I kind of miss it being a black and green bulletproof monster. I wonder how big and heavy it'll actually be.

I was more meaning style. Xbox at least looked like it was trying not to be a PC, and sorta succeeded.

This thing looks like a rejected PC.

I was more meaning style. Xbox at least looked like it was trying not to be a PC, and sorta succeeded.

This thing looks like a rejected PC.

It doesn't appeal to red-staters enough.

It should have a cup holder with removable spitoon on top.

I wouldn't call it Mac-ish since it also lays down on its side. Microsoft wanted it to lay flat and stand up since the PS2 was able to. I don't blame Microsoft going with this design, if this really is the design, since people were bitching so much that the Xbox was to big, blocky, and heavy.....but then again, I always liked the fact tha I could hit someone in the back of the head with my Xbox and knock them out with it.

Seems I've been on the 'net long enough to know that whenever a new system is revealed, everyone seems to hate the look of it, but then millions of people end up buying it anyway, so it doesn't really matter in the long run. Its the games, not the looks, people.

There's a certain thing called "style". The XBox was Umaro in that FF3 parody for a reason. The XBox had the Ugly Duckling syndrome. It looked hideious, but it had the "evil thing you'd take home" look.

This? Looks so PCish. I like my gaming consoles to look vastly different from my PC.

Does seem a bit odd that they named it Xbox 360 to make sure it's a bigger number than PS3, emulate some of the design elements from the popular Ipod, then finish everything off with such a plain controller.

Guest Salacious Crumb

It's ok. I probably won't be buying it since the hard drive doesn't come with it.

Guest Vitamin X

And if you don't want the hard drive, there's an option that you can link it to your computer and use its hard drive instead.

The one with the hard drive comes with a bunch of extra shit too, though. And now instead of just hearing random nerds on Xbox Live breathing deeply on the headset, you can see their zombie-like eyes focused on their games with the cam as well!

That thing's only going to mean trouble unless it's heavily moderated.

Guest Salacious Crumb

None of the next gen systems are really exciting me that much. This might finally be the group where I only buy one system. The only one that seems semi-interesting is what the new Nintendo system's controller will be.

"R.O.B. head," come to think of it, probably is the camera that was rumored to be included for taking pics and using them as designs in gameplay.

So brace yourself to see people's cocks emblazoned on the shoulders of their character's uniforms in Halo 2.5.

They probably hope this will be embraced more by the Japanese, hence the very calm, decidedly un-Western design.

*inside a Microsoft X-Box 2 development meeting*

"Lets call it the X Box 360 because 360 > 3, and then Nintendo will just be ripping us off by calling their new system the Revolution since a revolution is 360 degrees!!!"

*laughter*

"Lets stick a console system in a PC case!"

*Laughter*

"Get this.. instead of going with silver or black for the color of the case, lets use white so that we can rip off..er..borrow trend setting style from Apple..er..uh.."

*Laughter*

"How about we use a crappy looking 3rd party PC Gamepad..but we can make it wireless..People would by crap on a stick if it were WIRELESS!!"

*Laughter*

*if you dont like it...tough..its fair enough!..*

Guest Vitamin X

By the way, for those of you who don't know, it's rumored that it'll have different color cases for customization if you really dislike the color that much.

Guest Cerebus

It looks better than the garish monstrosity that is the current X-Box I'll give it that.