TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

The RAW Thread for May 9, 2005

Pre/Post-Show Comments and Witty Remarks Wanted.

Tonight:

Semi-Final Match: Edge Vs. Shawn Michaels

Semi-Final Match: Kane (with Lita) Vs. Chris Benoit

What would you prefer?

* Kane Vs. Edge final with Lita sub-plot?

* Benoit Vs. Edge rematch?

* Face Michaels Vs. Face Kane "David Vs. Goliath" match?

* Benoit Vs. Michaels? (my prediction)

Official Preview: wwe.com

The pressure will be on as the remaining Gold Rush Tournament contenders battle while only two wins away from facing Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Edge will face Shawn Michaels as a bitter rivalry is renewed. Who can forget their brawl all around an arena on RAW or their match at Royal Rumble. Both men are on impressive win streaks, but one will have to end short of being the No. 1 Contender. Edge has already indicated that he’ll leave it all in the ring because he sees this tournament as the key to his first world championship reign. It his words, to have two guaranteed World Heavyweight Championship opportunities would be “money in the bank.” Can HBK tune up the band and turn away Edge? Tune in Monday night to find out.

In the other huge semifinal, The Rabid Wolverine will try to rip into The Big Red Monster. With drastically different approaches to a match, the winner will likely be the Superstar who dictates the pace and style. If Kane can apply brute force, he’ll likely advance; if Chris Benoit can cut Kane down and apply his crippling submission arsenal, he should be one step closer to his second World Heavyweight Championship.

And we’re sure to hear from Triple H, who was disgusted with Batista for his role in The Game’s match last Monday. Where does Evolution go from here?

Watch Monday Night RAW (9/8 CT; Spike TV) to find out.

Guest StylesMark

"The Big Red Monster"

Machine?

20 minute promo from HHH where the fans chant "you tapped out" like sheep.

The final sentence of that preview should be......

Will this be the week that Trips sneaks his way back into the title hunt???

Guest Fook_Theta

I wonder who will be in the finals... Could it be Michaels vs HHH MXMIV?

Michaels vs Kane could be interesting in a WWE spotfest kind of way. Michaels hitting the asai moonsault on to Kane. Kane chokeslamming Michaels to Hell. Bunch of weird and illogical bumping. 30 minute match full of 20 minutes of stalling/selling "tiredness." Great for the night and quickly forgotten or mocked in a few weeks.

Honestly if they're building up to a short encounter between HHH and Michaels, I would go with Shawn beating Benoit. Tells a little bit of a story for those that remember last year.

I say Edge and Kane win. Lita turns on Kane in the finals and Edge wins. He has his title match with Batista, loses, HHH comes out and pedigrees and sledges Bats, Edge uses his money in the bank title shot, and gets the pin to become new champion. HHH vs. Batista at Vengeance is non-title.

Oh, who am I kidding. Of course it's not going to be non-title.

Benoit is winning if he can manage to get out there and wrestle. He's so far above Kane in the card at this point, that I have no doubts that he wins that match.

The other match is by far the more interesting as they could go either way with it. Honestly, I'm inclined to say HBK will win, because I think the company would have more faith in Shawn/Batista than Edge/Batista. Edge isn't winning the tournament, so he's either losing here or to Benoit next week. Benoit/HBK is the more interesting final, but Benoit/Edge would fit in more from an angle persepective. Like I said, it could go either way.

Whoever wins out of Benoit or HBK will probably win the tournament, as they are two men who can get the best possible match out of Batista, and neither man will demand on dominating the majority of the match.

Oh My God.

If Face Kane has to try to carry Heel Edge to a passable match at Vengeance the results could be catastrophic.

HOWEVER

With Benoit out of the World Title mix, could be possibly get

IC Title: Shelton Vs. Benoit at Vengeance?

Do that. 30-Minute Draw. Then build to a Shelton/Benoit Ladder ReMatch SummerSlam. We have our match(es) of the year.

Kane Vs. Edge will suck the missle hard and we all know it.

It took Benoit a few tries to carry Edge through late 2004 'til now.

I recall Benoit/Edge singles match (was it in London last year?) being awfully boring. Then this year Benoit won via the roll-up in a good bout. And the Backlash match was supposedly really intense (Downloaded, but haven't watched it yet).

Kane is not the guy for the job I fear. He's been stuck in the doldrums wrestling the likes of Snitsky, Christian, Tomko, and Viscera lately.

I wonder who will be in the finals... Could it be Michaels vs HHH MXMIV?

Michaels vs Kane could be interesting in a WWE spotfest kind of way. Michaels hitting the asai moonsault on to Kane. Kane chokeslamming Michaels to Hell. Bunch of weird and illogical bumping. 30 minute match full of 20 minutes of stalling/selling "tiredness." Great for the night and quickly forgotten or mocked in a few weeks.

Honestly if they're building up to a short encounter between HHH and Michaels, I would go with Shawn beating Benoit. Tells a little bit of a story for those that remember last year.

hhh is out of the tourney

besides we all know that this world title shot will be on a "free per view" raw cuz batista/tirps 3 is apprantly set in stone. (which I have no prob with, as long as Trips jobs there too becuase thats the only way batista will ever be able to stay over)

My picks for tonite:

Shawn beats Edge....again (hello edge already got his one win vs Shawn)

Benoit beats kane.....again.

Finals HBK vs Benoit in a great match: HBK wins,(because holding off benoit for a heel turn and run at 'Tista makes more sense)

yknow bischoff never said edge could just have a title match right after one. I mean he never claimed it to be like the 24/7 HC title rule did he? so why does everyone keep saying that.

Oh yeah, free plug:

Check out the totally updated WWE Standings (Everyone's TV win loss records) at the top of the WWE Folder.

I threw Smackdown! in there due to the impending Draft Lottery, so it kind of gives you an idea of who they're pushing heavily.

Guest Trivia247

Why would Edge be in the tournament anyway when he has a contract to take on the World championship anytime he wants?

Why would Edge be in the tournament anyway when he has a contract to take on the World championship anytime he wants?

That was actually explained last week when Edge claimed that Batista may be able to beat him once, but not twice. Which makes sense, especially if he decides to use the money in the bank right after the other match.

That was actually explained last week when Edge claimed that Batista may be able to beat him once, but not twice. Which makes sense, especially if he decides to use the money in the bank right after the other match.

It could also just be a heelish thing to do :ph34r: