TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nightfall

Rico retires

All we saw was what we were shown in WWE land.

Speak for yourself.

I just did.

Wait wait wait. Unless you have multiple personality disorder, Plague, you clearly did NOT just speak for yourself.

I don't know what Rico is like as a person, but I've heard a lot of good stories about him on the net, and I can't recall any bad ones, so that's what I'm inclined to believe. If you haven't heard anything one way or the other, good for you, but you have no idea what "we" have seen or heard.

Guest Prof_Plague

Speak for yourself.

I just did.

Wait wait wait. Unless you have multiple personality disorder, Plague, you clearly did NOT just speak for yourself.

I don't know what Rico is like as a person, but I've heard a lot of good stories about him on the net, and I can't recall any bad ones, so that's what I'm inclined to believe. If you haven't heard anything one way or the other, good for you, but you have no idea what "we" have seen or heard.

Meh. Keep your opinion, I wouldn't want it anyhow. Your opinion is your ass hole, I wouldn't want it.

Speak for yourself.

I just did.

Meh. Keep your opinion, I wouldn't want it anyhow. Your opinion is your ass hole, I wouldn't want it.

Opinion, understanding of English, y'know, either way.

Ban this fool.

Guest Prof_Plague

I've been a member of this board since June 2004. And you've never seen me post before?

May be if you'd stop being pretentious smarks and just enjoy wrestling and take a joke, may be then the idea of a smark wouldn't have such a poor image. And may be then you could stop taking yourselves so seriously. There a lot more to life if you try it that way.

All I was doing was agreeing with whitemilesdavis. You say Rico was a good guy. OK, how do we know that? Just because we don't hear "bad stories" doesn't mean there are only good stories of him backstage. And if he was such a leader backstage, why haven't we have heard about what he's done?

All I was trying to do was state my opinion and give a new prespective in this thread and better the meaning to the conversation; but no, you guys had to go and try to pick a fight instead.

If you like wrestling so much, may be we could try new conversations rather than agreeing with each other all the time and let ourselve enjoy the sport.

I've been a member of this board since June 2004. And you've never seen me post before?

May be if you'd stop being pretentious smarks and just enjoy wrestling and take a joke, may be then the idea of a smark wouldn't have such a poor image. And may be then you could stop taking yourselves so seriously. There a lot more to life if you try it that way.

All I was doing was agreeing with whitemilesdavis. You say Rico was a good guy. OK, how do we know that? Just because we don't hear "bad stories" doesn't mean there are only good stories of him backstage. And if he was such a leader backstage, why haven't we have heard about what he's done?

All I was trying to do was state my opinion and give a new prespective in this thread and better the meaning to the conversation; but no, you guys had to go and try to pick a fight instead.

If you like wrestling so much, may be we could try new conversations rather than agreeing with each other all the time and let ourselve enjoy the sport.

how bout this

if you and whitemilesdavis aren't the same person, then rico is gay in real life

gotchya

on topic, good luck to rico

Guest Prof_Plague
I've been a member of this board since June 2004.  And you've never seen me post before?

May be if you'd stop being pretentious smarks and just enjoy wrestling and take a joke, may be then the idea of a smark wouldn't have such a poor image.  And may be then you could stop taking yourselves so seriously.  There a lot more to life if you try it that way.

All I was doing was agreeing with whitemilesdavis.  You say Rico was a good guy.  OK, how do we know that?  Just because we don't hear "bad stories" doesn't mean there are only good stories of him backstage.  And if he was such a leader backstage, why haven't we have heard about what he's done?

how bout this

if you and whitemilesdavis aren't the same person, then rico is gay in real life

gotchya

on topic, good luck to rico

...But we're not the same person.

All I was doing was agreeing with whitemilesdavis. You say Rico was a good guy. OK, how do we know that? Just because we don't hear "bad stories" doesn't mean there are only good stories of him backstage.

When a wrestler is a dick in real life, we hear about it 99.9% of the time. When every fan who meets him says he's nice, and every wrestler has nice things to say about him, it's a pretty good bet he's a nice guy.

I have to say, Rico got a pretty good deal of it from the WWE. For some random guy who started wrestling at the age of 38 and had little muscle mass and average charisma, he had a decent career.

I mean, he got called up to the main roster quickly, was involved in some major angles, held the tag titles a couple times, and got a clean win over Ric Flair. How can you complain about something like that.

I saw him at unforgiven 02 ppv outside before the show, he came out and waved to everyone and signed a few autographs, seemed very cool.

too bad about how it ended, but he was in his 40s so

but I enjoyed his team with Haas and felt that the fans were into that.

well at least well always have "Goddammit Jeff"

When a wrestler is a dick in real life, we hear about it 99.9% of the time. When every fan who meets him says he's nice, and every wrestler has nice things to say about him, it's a pretty good bet he's a nice guy.

Bingo. Furthermore, just because somebody isn't a "leader" backstage doesn't mean they are or are not a nice person. Your argument is fair enough, but this isn't a government trial, and there is no demand of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. There's tons of circumstantial evidence in Rico's favor, though, and that's good enough for me.

The only time I ever saw Rico wrestle live was at a Smackdown taping vs AJ Styles (coincidently the only time Ive seen him wrestle live either..) and if I remember correctly Rico won although I'll remember the match for Styles hitting a sweet suicide dive out of the ring that actually got most of the crowd's attention (it was the 2nd dark match and most people weren't even paying attention cause they knew neither person really).

When Rico was on Smackdown!, the threads for the entire show didn't get two pages, much less two pages devoted to him.

Ah, hope Rico's future is good and he saved his cash.

My favorite Rico memory: Rico pinning Ric Flair.

"Huh-uh, Dad, now no one will cheer for Flair-uh when he manages me this fall-uh."

Damn shame how everything happened. Was good while it lasted though. I'll always miss my hero. :cheers:

Guest krazykat72
Wesley "Two Scoops" Berry > Rico Constantino...

:D :D :D

-Paul Jacobi-