TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

New Fall Network Shows/Lineups thread

As with all the networks, NBC declined to comment on any rumors regarding pickups or cancellations as decide the fate of new and returning shows ahead of next week's fall schedule presentations in New York. NBC kicks off the unveilings Monday with a session at Radio City Music Hall.

Among NBC's new series pickups are expected to be "E-Ring," the

Pentagon-themed drama from Jerry Bruckheimer; "Fathom," about a mysterious deep-sea creature; and "Inconceivable," set at a fertility clinic. "Book of Daniel," a drama about an unconventional priest, had been a hot prospect to land on the fall schedule but is said to have cooled off considerably during the past few days.

On the comedy side, "My Name is Earl," about a low-rent crook making amends after winning the lottery, and "Thick and Thin," about a woman struggling to adjust to a new life after dropping a lot of weight, have emerged as NBC's frontrunners, sources said. Ensemble comedy "Four Kings," and "Filmore Middle," about teachers at a rundown school, are still in the running. Sources also say the ratings-challenged but critically embraced midseason comedy "The Office" is due to return.

Fox, which presents Thursday, was said to be getting closer to finalizing most of its new series pickups. Sources said the network had given the greenlight to "Bones," a drama about a forensic anthropologist and a potential companion piece to the network's hot new medical drama "House"; "Head Cases," about an odd-couple pair of lawyers; and the comedy "The War at Home," about parents struggling to keep their teenage children in line. Also considered a shoo-in for a pickup is "Reunion," a drama tracking the life span of a group of high school friends.

On the comedy side, the low-budget "Freebirds" has exceeded expectations and could be a contender. The hot comedy list at Fox is also said to include "Kitchen Confidential."

At ABC, the thriller "Invasion" and political soap"Commander-in-Chief" lead a file of drama hopefuls that includes at least two projects from "Lost"/"Alias" creator J.J. Abrams: "The Catch" and "What About Brian," which is rumored for a possible midseason order. Abrams' third drama pilot, "Pros and Cons," also is still in contention, along with "In Justice," possibly for midseason, and "The Night Stalker."

ABC's hot comedy list is said to include "Sons & Daughters," in addition to "Emily's Reasons Why Not," "Crumbs," "Hot Properties" and "Freddie."

The network is said to be considering putting six comedies for the fall schedule, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. and Fridays 8-10 p.m., ditching the Tuesday 9-10 p.m. block. Also speculated is a possible move of hot freshman drama "Lost" from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Wednesday, followed possibly by "Night Stalker" at 10 p.m. "Invasion" is rumored as a Thursday 8 p.m. possibility.

CBS, always the toughest network to handicap, is said to be very high on the

FBI-themed "Quantico" on the drama side along with "American Crime." The supernatural-themed "Threshold" and "Love Monkey" still in contention.

Comedies with a chance for a pickup are said to include "Flesh & Blood," "How I Met Your Mother," "Everything I Know About Men" and "Old Christine."

At UPN, the heatseekers are the Chris Rock-produced comedy "Everybody Hates Chris" and "Wingwoman."

At the WB Network, the drama to watch is "Supernatural." The dramas "Just Legal" and "Pepper Dennis" are still said to be very hot, though "Pepper Dennis" is looking at a midseason order to accommodate star Rebecca Romijn's commitment to the next "X-Men" movie.

The WB's comedy hot list is said to include "Twins," "Modern Men," "Misconception" and "Mindy and Brenda." On the drop list at the WB is the Lori Loughlin-led drama "Summerland."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Looks like a bunch of nothing really stands out.

Announcement dates:

Monday NBC

Tuesday WB, ABC

Wednesday CBS

Thursday FOX, UPN

When fall lineups (shows and their timeslots) are announced they can be posted in this thread..

If you are curious about any of the shows, some of them are listed here

with some info. The link also has shows that are on cable as well.

I'm all about Bones on Fox, since David Boreanaz is set to star in it.

And anything that JJ Abrams touches has to be good.

I wouldn't go that far. I'm sure he's had some failed pilots in his past.

Regardless, we'll see what his new shows are like in the fall, and hopefully they'll be allowed to stand on their own merit, instead of getting canned because it's not doing Lost-type numbers or something...

My Name is Earl stars Jason Lee, so hopefully it'll be good.

Guest El Satanico

Try telling that to Superman fans

Guest El Satanico

So many investigation shows...when will it end

Bones is such a ripoff of CSI and Xfiles that it's comical.

thefutoncritic is the best place for info on pilots.

Joan of Arcadia better get renewed.

I don't know if its rebounded, but halfway through the season it had taken a larger dip than any other show that had not changed its timeslot.

Ratings rebounded a bit and it's remained stable down the stretch.

They had some so-so writing the first half of the year, which probably turned off some fans but the last batch of episodes were very strong.

Season 3 sounds really interesting if they renew it

I thought that was the studio's fault.

Jeff Zucker told me tonight that the Office got renewed.

The pilot Thick and Thin was also picked up.

Joan Season 3:

In the Season 2 finale, God told Joan that her two years of work was all a test for her biggest challenge. Now she faces off against Ryan, a guy who also talks to God but does not believe in Him and sets out to destroy religion. Basically Season 3 is Joan trying to use her powers of good to outdo Ryan and his powers of evil

Guest Brian
I just noticed Kitchen Confidential...which is based on Chef Jack Bourdain's autobiography, but luckily he's not going to be playing himself so it will have to do better than Emeril's piece of crap show.

It sounds like their going to totally overdo the comedy on that.

And you mean Anthony Bourdain, right?

The studio didn't write a shitty script.

How do we know it was that bad?

The idea of a good script to us is different than what the studio thinks is a good script.

The idea of a good script to us is different than what the studio thinks is a good script.

I read it and formed my own opinion on it. That's how I form my opinions.

I don't care what a studio thinks. Especially Warner Brothers' super hero department.

Pre-Batman Begins.

I read it and formed my own opinion on it. That's how I form my opinions.

Is that the one which had "And then Luthor flies!"

Yeah, it was a shitty script.

You people better not be pulling a Whedon with Abrams, just because "Lost" is a good show. Enjoy his successes, do not deny nor apologize for his failures.

MONDAY

8-9 p.m. "FATHOM"

9-10 p.m. "Las Vegas"

10-11 p.m. "Medium"

TUESDAY

8-9 p.m. "The Biggest Loser"

9-9:30 p.m. "MY NAME IS EARL"

9:30-10 p.m. "The Office"

10-11 p.m. "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"

WEDNESDAY

8-9 p.m. "THE APPRENTICE: MARTHA STEWART"

9-10 p.m. "E-RING"

10-11 p.m. "Law & Order"

THURSDAY

8-8:30 p.m. "Joey"

8:30-9 p.m. "Will & Grace"

9-10 p.m. "The Apprentice"

10-11 p.m. "ER"

FRIDAY

8-9 p.m. "THREE WISHES"

9-10 p.m. "Dateline NBC" (new time period)

10-11 p.m. "INCONCEIVABLE"

SATURDAY

8-11 p.m. "NBC SATURDAY NIGHT MOVIE"

SUNDAY

7-8 p.m. "Dateline NBC"

8-9 p.m. "The West Wing" (new day and time)

9-10 p.m. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent"

10-11 p.m. "Crossing Jordan"

NBC- Screw #4! We're going for #5!

FATHOM" -- Ever wonder what life would be like if a new form of sea life began to appear in locales all over the earth? In this expansive drama, those who are about to find out include some naval officers in the South Antarctic Sea, a family in San Diego, scientists from the Oceanographic Institute in Monterey, and fishermen in the Gulf of Mexico. The seemingly innocent creatures they find are beautiful and kids may even want to play with them -- but is there something more to them? One thing's for sure - they're full of surprises as viewers can embark on this unfathomable journey to discover what might be lurking in the sea. Lake Bell ("Boston Legal") stars as Daughtery Carstarphen, along with Jay R. Ferguson ("Judging Amy") as Richard Owen, Rade Serbedzija ("Snatch") as Dr. Aleksander Cirko, and Carter Jenkins ("CSI: NY") as Miles. "Fathom" is from NBC Universal Television Studio and was created by Josh and Jonas Pate ("Dragnet"), who also serve as executive producers.

It sounds like NBC is attempting to do their own Lost....only no one will watch

Guest El Satanico

It doesn't sound like lost

You Lost people are starting to get as bad as the Whedoniacs.