TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Matt responds to Edge/Lita segment

If Matt just said this in his forum, I don't have a problem with it. And you guys act like he told you to read it. If you got to his forum, you obviously aren't going there for intelligent wrestling discussion, you're going there to see him bitch. I guarantee 99.999% of you didn't even know his forum existed until this problem was brought to the public forum.

I don't care if he bitches or not, it's his problems. I don't see how his venting is hurting you, but whatever.

well considering his bitching pops up on every wrestling news site we frequent and is always front and center, it's kinda hard to avoid at least knowing that his bitching about something...whether you read the article or not, first thing you see is "Matt bitches about Lita"...

If Matt just said this in his forum, I don't have a problem with it. And you guys act like he told you to read it. If you got to his forum, you obviously aren't going there for intelligent wrestling discussion, you're going there to see him bitch. I guarantee 99.999% of you didn't even know his forum existed until this problem was brought to the public forum.

I don't care if he bitches or not, it's his problems. I don't see how his venting is hurting you, but whatever.

Dude, this is the internet. When you bitch in front of a whole bunch of people, you are bound to be made fun of.

My comments on the back end are my opinion of Lita. However, if she is one of the "top" females the company has, then WWE needs to overhaul the women's division and either a) let the women just be T&A or b) get better workers in the ring than Lita. She is awful.

Here is a question, would business tank if Lita was gone? No it wouldn't. As far as explaining why she isn't there, I just look at the last 3+ years of storylines in WWE and trust me, they can come up with something even if it was lame. They had no problem writing off a ton of people, Lita would be no exception. Also, crowd pops do not equal business. I'll stand by my statement that Lita is useless.

Saying she can't draw though is a stupid argument to make. She's never been put in a position to draw except for two RAW main events.

WWE could get rid of many people and not skip a beat, just like Lita.

Lita gets instant heel heat now, you might as well capitalise on it

Screw the ratings - the revenue the company makes off of the diva videos gives them a reason to hold on to the entire female roster.

Well guys, logically, after this angle with Edge runs out, the odds of Lita getting fired aren't exactly slim, especially if people don't start popping for her again. She's an awful wrestler, her appeal as a strong female in WWE is gone, she's a bad actress (therefore her heel run, after this intial run with Edge, will be a complete disastor), and isn't the top level of eye candy out there, if you get my drift. She's as good as gone in a year if she's still a heel.

Agreed. Especially considering that he's talking about this stuff on his OWN personal website that I'm sure he paid for (If I'm wrong, slap me) he has a right to bitch about whatever he wants to. This is a stupid fuckin' world we live in. We got people suing Mcdonalds for making them fat but yet one man can't talk about how he feels about something on his own website??

I say that if Matt is still talking about this thing after a year or so THEN there's grounds to call him a pussy. This whole thing just happened practically. I do agree that Matt calling the whole thing a tragedy is a bit over the top considering WWE's track records with stuff like this. They had Triple H hump a dead mannequin on live TV. What the hell did you expect from them?

Oh come on. Matt Hardy, a public figure, couldn't have NOT expected this story to spread after stating it on his website. It was pretty thickheaded of him to post personal life issues that could effect the products (Lita, their top female face, getting booed; "You Screwed Matt" chants) and not expect backlash. I don't care if it is his personal website. If what he posts effects the business he was part of, he's obviously going to get punished, *especially* if the company he works for is not internet friendly sorta speak. Yes, what happened to the guy sucks and is unfortunate, but if he kept his mouth shut about it, he would have not gotten fired and he, in the eyes of management, would have came off as mature.

well considering his bitching pops up on every wrestling news site we frequent and is always front and center, it's kinda hard to avoid at least knowing that his bitching about something...whether you read the article or not, first thing you see is "Matt bitches about Lita"...

I fail to see how that's his fault.

Guest NotmyFault575

I think he has a right to be upset, but he's making it worse for himself. I think it would be hard to get over what happened if its shoved in his face on television. But, he doesn't have to complain and always comment on stuff, it'll just make people think that he wants attention. Which really seems to be the case.

Guest cosbywasmurdered
He's upset because he got fired because his girlfriend cheated on him and then they reenacted it on tv in front of millions of people?

What a fucking pussy.

I understand that he's upset. It's just that 1.) He won't shut up about it. 2.) He refuses to move on, and 3.) He is being a pussy. If this where the 70's era of wwrestling, then Matt's current behavior would not be tolerated by anyone. Hell, they'd make him act like a man instead of a bitch.

It's only been like two months, I didn't realize there's only a certain time period allowed to mourn the end of a relationship with the woman you loved.

Guest JMA

I agree with the "fire Lita" crowd, and not just because she fucked up Matt's life. The fact is that she isn't good at her job (and she's not that pretty either), and she's helped cause a major backlash towards WWE. Of the three people in this situation (Matt, Edge, and Lita), Lita is the weak-link, if anyone was fired it should've been her. Edge was, without a doubt, a dick for screwing over his friend, but I wouldn't fire him over that.

Honestly, the best way this situation can end is for Lita to get fired and for Edge to get VD.

He's upset because he got fired because his girlfriend cheated on him and then they reenacted it on tv in front of millions of people?

What a fucking pussy.

I understand that he's upset. It's just that 1.) He won't shut up about it. 2.) He refuses to move on, and 3.) He is being a pussy. If this where the 70's era of wwrestling, then Matt's current behavior would not be tolerated by anyone. Hell, they'd make him act like a man instead of a bitch.

It's only been like two months, I didn't realize there's only a certain time period allowed to mourn the end of a relationship with the woman you loved.

Mourning the loss of a relationship is one thing. Calling it a "real-life tragedy," though, indicates a huge lack of perspective.

Mourning the loss of a relationship is one thing. Calling it a "real-life tragedy," though, indicates a huge lack of perspective.

He's watching his ex girlfriend make out with his ex best friend as it's being broadcast to millions by the company who fired him. If the man wants to dub it a "real-life tragedy" he most certainly can. It's a re-enactment of the hell that's been his real-life for the past month. I agree that he definitely needs to move on but him typing a few short sentences in response to watching his former employer, ex girlfriend and once good friend essentially cash in on his misery is really nothing all that extreme. He could've went on a rant, unleashed more personal stuff on each of them and been completely bitter and vindictive. Instead he left it with a very brief comment and said that it sickened him. What did you expect? For him to say, "Wow, what an awesome Raw last night, Lita and Edge did a wonderful job solidifying Lita as a heel to the audience, they are both just so unlikeable, it's a match made in heaven, I'm looking forward to seeing how this angle plays out and how Kane is booked as the jilted ex-lover, God, i wish it could have been me in that role. That would be so money!"

I don't have a problem with Matt being hurt and pissed. Frankly I'd be more pissed at losing my 6 figure job than losing the skank....hey, something like this was bound to happen with Lita sooner or later.

I do have a problem with his constant public whining about it though. I mean a real life tragedy? I'd say Chris Candido getting hurt on a PPV and having a surgery than killed him is a tragedy. Matt Hardy being dumped by his skank girlfriend is not. I'm almost seeing the WWE point of view on this now.

Seriously, Matt should have just kept his mouth shut on this, and then maybe some day in the future stiff the shit out of Edge in a match or something. Rant in private to your brother or friends, whatever...just time to cease the web ranting, since it's only getting more embarrassing.

Has anybody mentioned how terrible that fucking Hollaback Gurl song is?

That shit is shit.

THANK YOU. It's just an excuse for her to say shit 37 times and have a "girl power" message in a song.

I'd say Chris Candido getting hurt on a PPV and having a surgery than killed him is a tragedy. Matt Hardy being dumped by his skank girlfriend is not. I'm almost seeing the WWE point of view on this now.

Seriously, Matt should have just kept his mouth shut on this, and then maybe some day in the future stiff the shit out of Edge in a match or something. Rant in private to your brother or friends, whatever...just time to cease the web ranting, since it's only getting more embarrassing.

I know where you are coming from and I agree with you to an extent. His internet whining is getting to levels where you feel sorry for him.... and not in the good way...

What I'm getting at is he typed two or three sentences when I'm sure he could've expressed more, especially out of impulse in the minutes following the broadcast. I think he understands the line of getting people to be sympathetic towards you vs. feeling sorry for you and realizes he's dancing on that line. At the same time, of course he had to say something regarding the angle. That's more than likely what people were coming to his website for. His comments.

Lita is a skank. Chris Candido getting his life straightened out and dying in such a freakish manner is more of a tragedy to us. This guy was betrayed by his woman, one of his better friends and lost his dream job and six figure annual income. On top of it all, he can't work and pretty much has to sit at home and browse the net where people like us are analyzing his life and situation. And now he has the scenario being played out on camera by the company that fired him. Oh yeah, he also has a f'd up brother too. This is a lot of shit for any one man to take and not all of us have to see it played out on television either in almost a manner that mocks your torture.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

What a fucking pussy.

I doubt that he's calling the break up alone a real life tragedy, but the entire situation as a whole.

I doubt that he's calling the break up alone a real life tragedy, but the entire situation as a whole.

In Matt Hardy's world, it's a tragedy. If a series of events completely change your life as you know it, you would consider those misfortunes tragic no matter how trivial they may seem to outsiders. It wasn't the best choice of words but I doubt the guy is in the clearest mind of thinking. A rebuttal with a few sentences and treating the net as your friend is better than blowing your brains out, which a lot of people would do if they had to deal with this much in such a short period of time.

Guest Brian

I felt sorry for Matt when I saw it coming. Here's a guy who loses a job over a bullshit reason, and the company goes one step further in ridiculing him and exploiting the whole thing.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite

For those of you who said "fire Lita", how could WWE fire Lita and not Edge? Because she's not a draw? Edge is as much as, if not more, in the wrong than she is. He'd still get heckled anyway.

Guest Ransome
I felt sorry for Matt when I saw it coming. Here's a guy who loses a job over a bullshit reason, and the company goes one step further in ridiculing him and exploiting the whole thing.

Again, Matt Hardy was the architect of his own fate here. Matt encouraged the 'We Want Matt/You Screwed Matt' chants on his website, and the persistence of those chants is the sole reason that WWE was forced to turn Lita heel.

And now, instead of ignoring the 'We Want Matt/You Screwed Matt' chants, JR and King will be able to claim that they're actually saying 'You Screwed Kane', kinda like how JR claimed there was a 'mixed reaction' during Rock vs Hogan.

How about "Fuck Kane, we want Matt"? That would be a fun, anti-authoritarian chant that could catch on with the crowds.

I fail to see how that's his fault.

Ravenbomb...MikeJordan23 made the comment that Matt Hardy "didn't force us to read his whining"...i agree with that...what I'M saying is, it's hard to ignore it and in turn bitch about his bitching when it's always front and center on every wrestling newsite you go to....know what I'm saying?

Again, Matt Hardy was the architect of his own fate here. Matt encouraged the 'We Want Matt/You Screwed Matt' chants on his website, and the persistence of those chants is the sole reason that WWE was forced to turn Lita heel.

Exactly. Matt can't have it both ways here -- he can't go and post what he did, encouraging all the chants and whatnot, and then say how disappointed he is with Vince and WWE when he himself forced their hand with the Lita turn.

I kinda like the Hollaback, Girl song. (Runs and hides) I mean it's terrible but catchy as hell. I've had it stuck in my head for like a week now. I turned on the Top 40 station with the intent of hearing, heard within 3 minutes, listened to it, turned it to the Hip Hop station heard within 5 minutes.

I think Gwen Stefani waited at least 7 years too late to go solo.

If anyone needed to go I would have gotten rid of Lita. At the core level women in wrestling are essentially needless and can be replaced with nothing lost (i.e. canning Sable, then Trish shows up in 2000). Replacing Edge would be a lot more difficult given the time he's been there and the current push he is getting. Not to say he couldn't be replaced by, oh I dunno, Shelton Benjamin, but it's harder to do than firing Lita.

It seems like we have a culture now of "Express your feelings, get it out in the open." But at some point Matt just needs to chill and realize that they might hire him back, and that there's other skanks out there.