TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Da Vinci Code

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_picture...code/large.html

I've never read the book, so I have no idea what it's about, but there is alot of buzz for this film coming next summer. It's got a good director (Ron Howard) and a great cast (Tom Hanks, Ian McKellen, Audrey Tautou, Jean Reno, Alfred Molina) so now I'm keeping my eye on it. I may have to go read the book.

Ian McKellen is in the movie? Bad ass!

The voiceover was kind of cheesy though. the book entertained the hell out of me, so I'm definetly looking forward to the movie.

as for what its about, it sounds pretty stupid when described so I'll just skip that and say the book was a breezy, addictive, and entertaining read (I think i said that already)

In a nutshell, it's about this guy, Robert Langdon, who is called in to help when the Curator of the Lovure is killed. The Curator, however, leaves behind a few clues which lead Robert Langdon and the Curator's daughter on a quest to uncover a powerful truth about the world.

Anyway, I hope this movie makes a trillion dollars, so that they'll make Angels and Demons next. I think that would make for a much better movie, as there's a lot more action, and some scenes which, if done well, would be amazing, like "Upon this Rock I shall build my Church!"

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_picture...code/large.html

I've never read the book, so I have no idea what it's about, but there is alot of buzz for this film coming next summer. It's got a good director (Ron Howard) and a great cast (Tom Hanks, Ian McKellen, Audrey Tautou, Jean Reno, Alfred Molina) so now I'm keeping my eye on it. I may have to go read the book.

Don't know anything about the book but damn if that ain't a first-rate cast.

Guest Vitamin X

*orgasm*

Oh, and I strongly agree with Metal Maniac. I read Angels and Demons first and wondered why the hell they didn't make THAT the movie instead of Da Vinci Code..

Hasn't the book been debunked several times though?

so?

did you know there's historical evidence that suggests lord of the rings is not actually a pre-history of Europe like its story supposes!?

I haven't had a chance to read Angels yet, but my understanding is that it takes place before the DaVinci Code. Would this create a problem in making the movie after DC?

Yeah, about the only mention of Angels and Demons in The Da Vinci Code is when they make some refrence to Langdon being a little bit of a celebrity, after the "incident at the Vatican".

But I really don't think it matters which order they're put in, so they could make Angels and Demons and call it a sequel, and it wouldn't change anything.

The only problem is that both books are written in literally the exact same style. It's like he had a Mad Lib Novel or something, and just switched around a few names. So movie-goers may be a bit cheesed.

I would love to see Angels and Demons the only problem with it is that most of the movie takes place inside the Vatican and it would be hard to replicate that because i doubt the catholic church wants a movie being made in the vatican. From what I have read the louvre gave The Da Vinci Code full access to the Museum.

It should be a good one since I liked the book- but ideally Angels and Demons would be a better movie. But it won't happen.

I would love to see Angels and Demons the only problem with it is that most of the movie takes place inside the Vatican and it would be hard to replicate that because i doubt the catholic church wants a movie being made in the vatican.

Yes; because you cannot make a movie unless you're filming it on location.

i actually like da vinci better than angesl and demons, however thats more because I found the subject matter more entertaining and interesting. Angels and Demons is more thriller and movie-ish and would fit well in film.