TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Post your oldest documented post...

It may be your first post, but if you've been here awhile (before Dames accidentally erased everything)... it will just be the oldest you can find. Here's mine..

Yeah, Jeff Conine is STILL Mr. Marlin, so it makes perfect sense for them to have that promotion. I hope he retires for Florida, because he made his career there. (All Star Game MVP, World Series)

He was traded to the Marlins two weeks later. Ha.

EDIT: DAMN Topic typos!

In regards to the Smackdown: HCTP cover art:

Posted on: Aug 8 2003, 02:17 AM

Yeah, the Torrie pic does look out of place.

They really ought to take advantange of the WCW licensing with these games, i.e. Nitro and PPV sets, past gimmicks, logos in CAW etc

And the Bra and Panty match feature is very lame to say the least

Guest Vitamin X

Holy fuck, this is going to be awful..

You should have seen my face last night.

positive10.jpg

^^^ Did it look like that?

Just had to do that, sorry. KITANA REMAINS~!

And welcome back, Banky. For a while I didn't particularly care for him as the pros and cons kinda balanced themselves out, but nonetheless he could present a good opinion and be a good poster. Just don't unleash the gimmicks, please!!

Yeah, the earliest documented one I could find was after the forums crash. The Kitana remains had to do with my avatar, I believe, which technically broke board rules since you could kinda make out a nipple, but Dames let it slide because, after all, it was Kitana f'n Baker.

The oldest post I could find.

Nice to see the other CO is redoubling his posting efforts

Well, I guess I now have some sort of historic event now related to my b-day, so it's all good.

From the Board Crash of 2003 topic.

I started a topic for my first post. Great job, guy.

I was pretty old when I found out wrestling wasn't real. In retrospect, I can't believe I was the stupid, but I have a pretty good excuse.

It was maybe less than a month after my family got satellite service for the first time in my life. I was probably in about fourth or fith grade and I was flipping through the channels when I just had to stop. These two huge men (The Big Show/Giant was one of 'em. I don't remember the other one) were fighting outside of the ring. Shortly after that Lex Luger came out celebrating his new belt he had one the PPV the night before. This was maybe two-three weeks before Scott Hall appeared on Nitro.

Anyways, the next week I made sure to watch Nitro again. I'm pretty sure I found RAW during some channel flipping during commercials, but I stayed a WCW mark for years.

As for the excuse... well... no one ever told me. My dad knew, but he never said anything. My mom didn't know. She actually used to watch wrestling when she was younger and was a huge Flair... uh... anti-fan(?).

I found out the truth very slowly, basically. People saying things. Those specials that appeared on TV. I just sort of realized it. I think I was in about seventh grade.

So what about you, eh?

Is it ok to be embarrassed by that?

I'm almost certain that my first post as The Czech Republic, pre-crash, was "I would never slap Lita in the face with my dick." All my pre-Czech accounts like Croooooow! and I AM THE ALLIANCE, I barely remember, because they were sorta almost four years ago, you see.

Are there any other sites or places to get this?

It was about a "Mad Mikey" skit from TNA that was available for download but had been removed.

First music post I could find

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=2376

First HD thread

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=12551

I'm guessing that this was some sort of gang warz in the time before gang warz. Not quite sure what tha dilly

I'm not paging through WWE folder to find my first one there.

Is there a way to search posts from before the board crash.

The oldest I could find:

So let me get this straight,  Booker T and Edge are going to be feuding because Booker is jealous that Edge won the Japanese shampoo commercial instead of him? Um...okay. That's...different.  The match should be entertaining, at least, as long as they do not do something stupid like a Japanese shampoo commercial contract on a pole match, though I would not put that past the booking team lately...

Eh. It could have been worse.

An EWR thread from August '03

Ok, I have a weird situation and I was wondering if anyone else has had this occur:

In my fed, I have American Dragon and Paul London as a tag team. They have great chemistry together and have had ****+ matches with every tag team in my company. Dragon's overness is at 90 and his morale is at 100. London is at 88 over and has his morale at 88 over. They've been tag champs together, yet somehow, when I look at their relationships screen, they hate each other, which has only developed in the past few months.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Pre crash, mine was about not liking Perro Aguayo.

If Benjamin were ice-cream, he'd be pralines and dick.

June 3rd 2003.

Not a reference to Shelton Benjamin - rather a Wayne's World quote. I still like Wayne's World so I don't feel too bad.

However my second post was in this classic thread, which everyone should check out again or for the first time. WTF???

Oldest post I could find.

Some people got excited because they thought a change of ownwership at Comedy Central ment the MST3K reruns would return.

Aug 10 2003, 03:27 PM

It's not happening. It would cost millions which no one (with the money) is willing to spend.

And Comedy Central got the reruns of Mad TV away from TNN/Spike to replace the SNL reruns in January.

I hate to rain on the parade, but the fact is that when Sci-Fi stops showing the episodes they have, MST3K is leaving television forever.

I was right too.

Thread: Make bold predictions for 2005

from Oct-04

WWE Title Holders: JBL, Undertaker, Kurt Angle

Longshots: Big Show, John Cena

Should but Won't: Eddie, Booker T

World Title holders: HHH, HBK, Randy

Longshots: Ric Flair, Edge

Should but Won't: Benoit, Jericho, Kane

US Title Holders: Carlito Colon, John Cena, Booker T, Charlie Haas, Kidman

Longshots: Luther Reigns, Orlando Jordan, Roba Van Dam

Should but Won't: Rey Mysterio

IC Title Holders: Jericho, Batista, Christian, Edge, Shelton

Longshots: Eugene, Matt Hardy, Rhyno,

Should but Won't: Hurricane, Regal

Rey Mysterio, Paul London, Chavo, spike, and funaki will be cruiser champs.

All Divas including Christy Hemme will be woman's champs.

Wrestlemania 21 will be the worst wrestlemania card in recent memory.

WWE will Fire: Billy Gunn, A-Train, Chuck, and HEIDENREICH!

Stevie Richards, Ric Flair, Booker T, Undertaker and kurt angle will retire.

WWE will Hire: Bland OVW man 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Guest Mosaicv2

My first post on the SmartMarks forum ever!

Posted on: Oct 26, 2003 6:09 p.m. "Do you wish to write for TSM?" Thread

Dames... I seem really interested in doin the TNA Xplosion show because I got it on my cable service... I would contact u but my damn e-mail is down... im askin to do it... ill do a good job... sok?! complete with chessey smiley emocotions

God! what was wrong with me in the early days on the net, and did I mention anyone about the damn "ill and u" words. Afterwards Dr. Tom would say pm him and don't use the words like that, but i'm still saying the "sok" expression. And oh yeah, TNA Xplosion is cancelled. What another matter.

QUOTE (Rob E Dangerously @ Jul 8 2004, 04:14 PM)

So? TNA 'stole' "The Truth" from me.  [only my guy was Latino from East LA] {if you want more details, I can provide them}

Actually.. apparently there's an indy wrestler named "Truth Martini" (I think.. something like that anyways) with the same gimmick and he's been around for quite awhile..

Anyways, point is, I HIGHLY doubt WWE, or TNA, steal gimmicks/angles from anyone. It's not rare for people to have the same idea. Besides, WWE has a good creative team (Ha!), why would they need to steal ideas from anyone?

The oldest post I could find...

Posted on: Oct 21 2003, 08:50 PM "Recent purchases" Thread

Thanks to the wonders of Student Loans. I've bought a bunch of DVD's recently. They are...

Donnie Darko

Equilibrium

Chasing Amy

Star Trek Nemesis

The Tuxedo

Cradle 2 The Grave

Bulletproof Monk

The Matrix Reloaded

The Specials

God bless higher education.  ;)

Sadly, my first post was apparently this

Does anyone have Diesel vs. Bret from Survivor Series 1995?

However, my second post was the announcement of the Brock Lesnar DVD so I guess that's better.

Guest Fook

The oldest I could find (and it's from The SAGA~!)

It's just been revealed that CWM was working for Dames all along.

Oldest post I could find:

Posted on: Aug 7 2003, 06:47 PM

IIIIIIIINTERESTING.

Well thats a damn important post. Second to last is weird though, it was in the Bankywood Industries thread.

Posted on: Aug 7 2003, 08:57 PM

I AM the bitch right? I'm alllllways the bitch. 

Writing words with the letterrrrrrrs being used too many tiiiiiimes is fuuuuuun.

Yeah, uh, in retrospect, this doesn't look so good.

I'll agree that switching Benoit for Kane is retarded. They've got all kinds of good storylines for Kane on Raw, and he fits the tenor of the program better. As for Benoit, he's really not that over, and no one would be all that excited to see him face HHH.

There's two big money-matches for Summerslam on Raw: Goldberg/HHH and Austin/Kane. Almost everyone will be ready to see Goldberg finally take HHH's title, and they've actually done a great job with the Austin/Kane feud. The whole thing where Kane's ruining Austin's show and almost making him lose his job, but Austin can't lay a hand on Kane, it's perfect. And if you think Austin won't be able to wrestle at Summerslam, watch his three minute brawl with Kane a couple weeks ago. I'm sure Kane will have to protect him, but they'll have a match.

Then, the big money match in the long-term will be Goldberg/Kane. It would have a great "clash of the titans" vibe with both of them being unstoppable monsters. Finally, when we come around to WM XX, we'll have the dream match from five years ago, Austin/Goldberg.

If they want to move Kane to Raw for a feud with Brock after he finishes with Goldberg, I could see that, but he's got plenty of work to do on Raw right now.

Guest Smues
(listens to The Sandy Frank song)

Gee I wonder why Sandy Frank would hate them and not let them have anymore movies.

Sandy Frank, Sandy Frank, he's the source of all our pain.

Sandy Frank, Sandy Frank, gads about the house all day.

Sandy Frank, Sandy Frank, thinks that people come from trees.

Sandy Frank, Sandy Frank, gets horrid movies from Japan.

Sandy Frank, Sandy Frank, films are always poorly dubbed.

Sandy Frank, Sandy Frank, Speilberg won't return his calls.

And of course my favorite, although not from the Sandy Frank song: Sandy Frank, Sandy Frank, likes to crap in his hand.

I'm beginning to think that maybe RVD was supposed to walk out of Survivor Series with the title.  I think the only reason why he was eliminated so early was the thought that his knee had been blown out.  Maybe putting the title on HBK was a last minute type deal, so I wouldnt be surprised to see RVD win it on Raw.  I could be wrong though.

I don't know about that, the confetti at the end, would that have been for RVD? They would have also had to change the structure of the match, RVD would have had to cleanly beat Jericho AND triple H, and the only person who is allowed to beat triple h these days is shawn michaels, so no, i think that it was planned all along for old hbk to win it, just a shame that rvd and hbk never got a chance to face off.

(my first post btw :D )

...I don't know if I knew about capital letters.

A good one is putting Nova and Matt Stryker into a tag team, and Kashmere and Acid own in my mlw.

Oh, and try putting Spanky and Whipwreck together, they keep burning the house down in my game.

EWR 4.0...son of a bitch.