TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angle-plex

Edge vs Batista

Personally, I think this match is already D.O.A. due to the fact that Lita's turn completely overshadowed Edge's Gold Rush Tournament win, but since the match is tomorrow; What do you think should happen? Keep in mind Edge's Money in the Bank win and the possible run-ins of Triple H, Ric Flair, Christian, Lita, and Kane.

Guest *KNK*

logically, he would just murder Batista with a chair and cause the DQ and then instantly use his Money in the Bank clause and simply cover him for the win...

HHH returns and beats up Edge and Batista moments after Edge hits Batista with the briefcase and spears him.

This pisses Edge off since he has more proof he should already be World Champion.

Of note, they mentioned on TV this morning that Raw was the highest rated episode in a year. That seems like an odd thing to say especially on a WWE Experience. Since no one watches that show (and even I was just channel flipping) I'm sure it means nothing but it would be interesting if it became part of HHH's angle.

Can't see Trips agreeing to a "I'm back on Raw now because I'm a jealous heel that's pissed Raw did a better rating with me gone" angle though.

Edge loses the match, demands an immediate rematch, ref bump -> HHH attacks Batista -> spear -> Edge wins title and faces Kane at Vengeance.

Now normally, logically, I'd say that Edge could get the win because of the Money in the Bank contract. But I just don't think the powers that be are ready to have him as the number 1 heel. If he was champ, and had Lita by his side, we'd have something like the McMahon/Hemsley era in 2000. Is WWE ready for someone other than HHH to have that power heel role though?

I could actually see Edge using his money in the bank contract and win the title. But I hope it won't happen cause that would mean Edge against Kane for the World Heavyweight Title and who wants to see that? I still see Kane as a tweener, not a full Face and Edge isn't even a credible World Champion because he has beaten everybody with a damn briefcase and most people HATE Edge nowadays and not hated like a Heel should be but really HATED. It won't draw, Edge vs. Kane won't draw. I know they wanna do HHH vs. Batista III, but I'd much rather see HHH vs Batista for the World Title then Edge & Lita vs. Kane, it's just so boring to me.

most people HATE Edge nowadays and not hated like a Heel should be but really HATED.

I'm not sure where the problem is there. It's not X-Pac heat, so it's good.

I could actually see Edge using his money in the bank contract and win the title. But I hope it won't happen cause that would mean Edge against Kane for the World Heavyweight Title and who wants to see that? I still see Kane as a tweener, not a full Face and Edge isn't even a credible World Champion because he has beaten everybody with a damn briefcase and most people HATE Edge nowadays and not hated like a Heel should be but really HATED. It won't draw, Edge vs. Kane won't draw. I know they wanna do HHH vs. Batista III, but I'd much rather see HHH vs Batista for the World Title then Edge & Lita vs. Kane, it's just so boring to me.

I really am uncomfortable when people use the "he is REALLY hated in a bad way" arguement. Back in the day, people did really hate heels, but they still paid money to see them. I don't think most fans have different degrees of hate. I don't think they say "Well, I hate the character HHH, but I still like the guy. But that Edge, I actually hate him!". I doubt a lot of fans go into those types of complexities when thinking about who they like and dislike. Just because alot of the internet community hates Edge, doesn't mean the rest of the fans hate him to an extent on not going to shows just because of him.

Guest Brian
most people HATE Edge nowadays and not hated like a Heel should be but really HATED.

I'm not sure where the problem is there. It's not X-Pac heat, so it's good.

I think the type of heat is "this guys a piece of shit, him having the title turns me off" heat, though I don't know if that's true. I think Kane's chance as a contender has passed him by, and I wonder how the real-life drama would effect Edge/Kane feud, and if there are a lot of people who have learned about the situation, after the chants and especially after the fact that Lita and Edge hooked up. It will be a really interesting reaction, and I'm wondering if WWE will take the chance with it. They could, in a worse case scenario, fall flat on their face into a crevasse that opens into the middle of the earth. so it will be interesting, to say the least.

An interesting thing about Edge winning the title tomorrow would be that one year after the HBK/HHH cell went above the Benoit/Kane Title Match, the Batista/Triple H cell would be above the Edge/Kane Title match as far as card placement goes.

I'm very displeased with Batista as Champion, as he hasn't done anything to entertain me since the episode where he turned face at the WrestleMania contract signing. I've never been a very big Edge fan either, but I'd prefer to see him win tomorrow and then be drafted to Smackdown next month.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

Edge gets beat up earlier in the night by Kane, Kane gets barred fromt he building.

Edge faces Batista, and Batista wins. HHH coems in after and lays out Batista with a sledge setting up HIAC.

At Vengeance Batista beats HHH one more time in a brutal match, Edge comes out with the briefcase and demands his rematch, Edge pins a crippled Batista and wins the title.

I think it's pretty obvious that the Gold Rush match needs to end with a DQ. Edge won every tournament match either via the briefcase or Lita. I say the ref finally catches Edge this time, only to have Edge continue the beatdown with the briefcase, then open the briefcase and demand a rematch instantly.

Then, from there, they can either let Edge win nefariously, cheating and capitalizing on Batista's injuries, or else let Batista put himself over further by beating Edge even after being beaten down in the middle of the match.

Personally, I'd almost find HHH/Batista more interesting if it wasn't for the title, and I think Edge vs. Kane for the title would be a solid secondary main event for the card. That way, when Batista does finally get his rematch with Edge at Summerslam, it will be good build and feel more like a real main event than if they tried to throw something together with a half-ready Orton.

Since Smackdown's on the verge of going off the air now, I don't really see them sending their hot new angle of Edge and Lita over there, nor will they move HHH or Batista. If they move anyone major to Smackdown, it will be someone who doesn't quite "fit" into Raw like Jericho or Benjamin.

It does seem awfully easy that Kane would just cost Edge the match tonight, and it would be typical WWE booking. However, the way they've set up this intriguing two title shots thing, I think they'd be way better off having Bischoff ban Kane from the building or something, and just saving that drama for later.

Personally, I'd almost find HHH/Batista more interesting if it wasn't for the title, and I think Edge vs. Kane for the title would be a solid secondary main event for the card. That way, when Batista does finally get his rematch with Edge at Summerslam, it will be good build and feel more like a real main event than if they tried to throw something together with a half-ready Orton.

No!

Oh, and a UK newspaper said that Triple H and Flair would go to SD, and Taker and Angle would go to Raw. They lie, I am sure.

Personally, I'd almost find HHH/Batista more interesting if it wasn't for the title, and I think Edge vs. Kane for the title would be a solid secondary main event for the card.

Dude, that is what happened last year. HHH was in the premier feud without a belt while Kane was in the secondary feud with the belt. And if you throw in the HIAC match, I think even the thickest of people will remember something strangely similar happening almost exactly a year ago.

Batista shouldn't lose the belt this soon, and Edge shouldn't drop the pinfall here, even if it is due to Kane. I can see Kane getting Batista DQ'd by attacking Edge, and then ending Raw with Batista and Kane squaring off to tease their singles match. Whatever happens, this is one match that should not have a pinfall ending.

Personally, I'd almost find HHH/Batista more interesting if it wasn't for the title, and I think Edge vs. Kane for the title would be a solid secondary main event for the card.

Dude, that is what happened last year. HHH was in the premier feud without a belt while Kane was in the secondary feud with the belt. And if you throw in the HIAC match, I think even the thickest of people will remember something strangely similar happening almost exactly a year ago.

So what? In the long run, it will just put Batista over more if he can win the HIAC to blow off the feud in a position where HBK wasn't capable of doing the same thing the year before. Plus, whereas, the Kane/Benoit feud was just a placeholder last year, this time, it will be based on the WWE's pet hot angle, and will lead logically to a heated title match at Summerslam.

The symmetry of screwing faces out of the title at Survivor Series 8 years in a row didn't bother the WWE, nor did having a face win the Royal Rumble for 20 years, so I don't see why similar main events for the June/July PPVs with different results should bother anyone.

Edge should win this week and use his Money in the Back to have a classic Edge vs. himself match at Vengeance.

HTQ, what's the word on the Bad Blood ME? Is it still HHH/Batista?

Flair will be involved in the finish, and I can't imagine him turning on Batista. Ok, I *can* imagine it because it has happened SO many times, but then again, I *can't* imagine _because_ it has happened SO many times.

The Money In The Bank thing has to come into play. Why would they have Edge win the tournament -win a shot for the title- when he already has a shot for the title?

Edge should win this week and use his Money in the Back to have a classic Edge vs. himself match at Vengeance.

I like it!

Guest panthermatt7

Anyone who has any inkling whatsoever that they will take the belt off of Batista this soon is sorely misled.

HHH sledge run-in, destroys both guys, putting himself over both the champ and the challenger.

So what?

The symmetry of screwing faces out of the title at Survivor Series 8 years in a row didn't bother the WWE, nor did having a face win the Royal Rumble for 20 years, so I don't see why similar main events for the June/July PPVs with different results should bother anyone.

Because it will feel like a case of same shit, different year. And it will be the same shit, in a different year. Things are bad enough without pretty much re-running what you did a year ago.

So what? In the long run, it will just put Batista over more if he can win the HIAC to blow off the feud in a position where HBK wasn't capable of doing the same thing the year before.

Batista has already beaten HHH twice, how will he get "more over" by winning a 3rd time? It would just hurt HHH at that point. Besides, "doing what Shawn Michaels couldn't do" isn't something that would get the top face over "more". It's not what Batista needs right now. Batista, as champion, needs to be the top star on the show, which means HHH needs to stay off TV for a long time. This was the lesson taught with the Chris Benoit reign, most people here have learned it, and you don't even know it. The champion needs to be the most important guy on the show, because if he isn't, he becomes a weak champion.

Plus, whereas, the Kane/Benoit feud was just a placeholder last year, this time, it will be based on the WWE's pet hot angle, and will lead logically to a heated title match at Summerslam.

Oddly enough, Kane/Benoit last year was more focused on Lita/Kane, which -it seems- would be the same with Kane/Edge. The same result could be done without the title, and Kane/Edge isn't really lighting the world on fire right now, nor would it deliver in-ring.

so I don't see why similar main events for the June/July PPVs with different results should bother anyone.

You don't see how a champion not being the top star on a PPV should brother anyone?

How this match should end, IMO, is somehow getting Christian, HHH, Sheldon Benjamin, Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho involved. The more guys that are floating around the top spot, the better. Batista, Benjamin, Benoit, Michaels vs. Edge, HHH, Christian, Chris Jericho would be awesome. Throw in Tomko and Kane if you'd like, but I wouldn't. Evil Flair and Lita would be interesting together, though a Face Flair deeming Batista/Benjamin/Benoit/Michaels the 4 Horsemen against HHH's new Evolution would be sick.

I can't see this title actually changing hands on free TV.

(Triple H being awardedit/stripped of it, but not it moving from one wrestler to another due to an actual match.)

How this match should end, IMO, is somehow getting Christian, HHH, Sheldon Benjamin, Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho involved.

If they worked it out so that the match ended in a mass brawl, it would probably be exciting enough to cover for the match ending in a non-finish. People might not even notice if the brawl is crazy enough.

How this match should end, IMO, is somehow getting Christian, HHH, Sheldon Benjamin, Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho involved. The more guys that are floating around the top spot, the better. Batista, Benjamin, Benoit, Michaels vs. Edge, HHH, Christian, Chris Jericho would be awesome. Throw in Tomko and Kane if you'd like, but I wouldn't. Evil Flair and Lita would be interesting together, though a Face Flair deeming Batista/Benjamin/Benoit/Michaels the 4 Horsemen against HHH's new Evolution would be sick.

Alright, but would the reason for all these guy's interfering be explained at all, or just self-explaintory? Because yes, HHH is an obvious choice, but why is Jericho interfering?