TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spaceman Spiff

Possible new signings soon?

Out of the 5, I can actually see Hart and Smith joining the E. It makes sense. But they would definitely repackage Hart as more like Bret and Owen. Theres also Wilson (The New Dynamite Kid), Niedhart's girl, Chad Hard (Gary Hart) and Jack Evans (Flying Brian anybody?). I can really see the E picking up each one of these on RAW. Teddy for World Title, Wilson and Smith for Tag Titles. Niedharts girl for Womans. Jack/Chad for IC. I think that would be great. Only problem is Teddy isnt as big as Bret.

"The Stampede Kid" TJ Wilson is really making a name for himself in Japan. He's very impressive and he will be a very popular cruiserweight sometime in WWE's future.

Nattie Neidhart has all of the skills, she might just be the best women's wrestler in North America today but I don't know if Vince thinks she has the new barbie doll look he's going for. I do know she gave a tape of her work to McMahon when WWE was here in Calgary.

Smith has had contracts thrown at him for a year now, but he wants to build as a worker in Japan.

I think McMahon still remembers Ted's attitude and probably sees him as being physically too small to be marketable. But he'll greet you with a smile, because he goes that extra mile. He could be a big player in the cruiserweight division or tag division.

When that fails they could always have him wrestle Holly on the house show circuit.

Ted's been feuding with Homicide and B-Boy for over a year now on the indies, why would he give a fuck about anything Bob Holly could do? I picked him up from the airport after his first match with Cide, you shoulda seen the bruises he had all over his body.

I dont know. Hardcore does have a rep and he comes across as being a mega asshole in the ring. Did you hear the reaction he got on SD vs MNM?

And?

I'd take Homicide and B-Boy over Bob frikkin' Holly every single day of the week. When was the last time Holly did anything to anyone REMOTELY expecting it and able to defend himself? Being an asshole doesn't mean he's tougher than someone.

Edited by King Cucaracha

The thing about B-Boy and Homicide, from what I've seen, is that their stiffness is just a part of the match. As opposed to Bob Holly's 'I don't care if this ends the match, I'm going to give you concussion approach'. So overall, even someone used to stiff workers might be taken off-guard by Holly due to his attitude of not caring what the finished product looks like.

Yeah, but if Homicide and B-Boy are as stiff a striker as that in a wrestling match, how stiff would they strike for real?

You're right though. Holly's dangerous because he's the shoot version of a cheapshot artist.

Exactly. Most stiff workers generally have enough pride in the match to not do things that are going to break kayfabe by damaging the flow of the match. Holly's just an asshole (and also a bad worker anyway). For fuck's sake, back when Lesnar was using his double/triple/however-many powerbomb as a finisher, Holly sandbagged on it just to make him look weak and, incidentally, damage the guy being pushed by the office as 'the next big thing'. No pride in the product there.

The fact that this is Lesnar, so he was strong enough to lift him up ANYWAY and then drop him on his head, has always been amusing to me.

The reason I believe Holly is worse is that he just loses it and turns the match into a stiff shoot for no reason apart from getting a kick out of it. Just ask Dupree.

That sandbag was dumb and so obvious, he tried to shift his weight. What was he thinking, deliver a huricaranna? And the promos for the royal rumble: Brock you made a mistake, you didnt finish the job. I dont blame Brock for being afraid of him. That sick pull back full nelson looked deadly.

Updated

----

It's been heavily reported that WWE has expressed interest in ROH stars CM Punk, Samoa Joe and Bryan Danielson. More recently, word came that CM Punk was offered a developmental deal with wrestling's number one promotion. In an interview with Slam! (slam.canoe.ca), Punk personally confirmed the rumors.

On Interest From Other Companies:

It's a good time to be CM Punk right now. Not that it's ever a bad time to be CM Punk, but right now it's a lot of fun. This is probably only going to happen to me once the way the wrestling business is, with there being only one place to make a living and TNA trying their best to make it two places.

On Being The Triple H Of Ring Of Honor (Due To Having Backstage Stroke)

Anybody wants to call me the Triple H of Ring of Honor, I think that's hilarious. I would prefer to call Triple H the CM Punk of the WWE.

On Receiving An Offer From WWE

I've been sitting on an offer for a week and I've been thinking about it, and I think it means the world that I've been given the time to think. They didn't try to rush me into anything - they gave me time to think.

----

Credit: PWTorch.com

Currently, WWE is looking at CM Punk, Samoa Joe and Bryan Danielson for possible contracts.

Here is how each man breaks down in the eyes of WWE management.

WWE continues to be high on C.M. Punk. A lot of people think he has the look and the potential to be a WWE main event wrestler in the future, and has incredible talent on the mic as well. Punk is extremely passionate about what he does, and is considered by many to be a true "student of the game."

2004 and 2005 have been break out years for Punk, as he put on several high quality matches with Ring of Honor, and engaged in a feud with Ricky Steamboat.

WWE management continues to remain interested in former ROH Champion and current ROH Pure Wrestling Champion Samoa Joe. WWE's primary concern with him remains his physique. Hopefully WWE realizes Joe could out-wrestle the majority of their roster, regardless of his physique.

----

Trevor Rhodes has been signed by WWE. Rhdoes worked as Stan Dupp during the earliest days of TNA.

Samoa Joe has been quoted as saying: "As for my status yes I have spoken to the great people and WWE and TNA, as well as newly garnered interest from New Japan as my former local boss is now the President of the company. I have not made any decisions, and am exploring all the opportunities I am fortunate enough to have presented to me. Honestly I want to do what's right for me and what's right for the company that would like to use me. I find mutually beneficial business relationships are always better in the long run and finding out where I can best achieve that is the key."

Guest *KNK*

I'm most curious on how or if they even plan on allowing Punk to use his sXe. Unfortantly Austin isn't a consistant character right now although there were talks Austin would return to Raw. Austin/Punk would be gold on the promo wars but sadly there wouldn't much in the way of physical encounters.

Kurt Angle did the sXe lite thing last year against eddy so thats not usable and all indications show Punk's headed to Raw and not Smackdown.

Right now I can't think of someone for Punk to work his sXe gimmick with, unless JBL turns face and goes back to being APA bradshaw but that would be ruining one of the best characters in modern wwe history.

RVD could work but they have to flat out say RVD is a pot lover, so they have only slightly eluded to it. RVD however cant work the serious promos that would be required here.

Sandman isn't a full time WWE worker(just for ONS), so thats out of the order and I cant imagine how those two would work together.

They could just jump on the steroid craze and have a wrestler openly admit to using steroids and enters CM PUNK as the voice of reason against drugs and the useage to cheat their way into the game while he worked his way up the honest way. It would be a different angle then what we're used to and Punk could even do a live piss test for the crowd via a promo in the bathroom.

There's alot of potential golden promos here for punk and if they can get a good sympathetic babyface to be the roider who can claim he had no choice to use steroids because he had kids and family, creating this epic arch, The Dirty but well meaning good guy who knows he's wrong against the confidant assured clean arrogant prick that puts himself above all others.

Austin/Punk? What a fascinating idea. I'm sure they could pull it off, Punk after all "feuded" with Ricky Steamboat and Mick Foley in ROH despite obviously never having an actual match with either of them.

Guest BrokenWings

Punk would be over like hotcakes if they allowed him to use the sXe gimmick in the WWE. I've always thought that. It would be similar to Simon Dean in that he could make fun of fans and such.

RVD could work but they have to flat out say RVD is a pot lover, so they have only slightly eluded to it. RVD however cant work the serious promos that would be required here.

I don't think Rob would have to do serious promos, though. He could do something along the lines of, "Hey, it's good to help you chill out, maaaaaan." You get the idea.

I'm very excited at the prospect of Punk in the E, but realise it's very unlikely he'll be doing much of anything. Prove me wrong, Vince.

Did anyone else notice Doug Basham "shooting" on Teddy Hart in their Velocity match? They did a reversal spot on the mat, Hart gained control and tagged in the Shawn Michaels clone, and Doug said something like, "next time you tag in I'm gonna slap the taste out of your mouth!" It seemed like they were doing a little inside work based on Hart's reputation, and if WWE is still interested after the match it obviously was, but I thought it was a neat thing to toss in.

I really hope they bring in Hart and Smith, Punk too, but I don't understand the logic behind sending him to OVW.

Guest *KNK*
Did anyone else notice Doug Basham "shooting" on Teddy Hart in their Velocity match?  They did a reversal spot on the mat, Hart gained control and tagged in the Shawn Michaels clone, and Doug said something like, "next time you tag in I'm gonna slap the taste out of your mouth!"  It seemed like they were doing a little inside work based on Hart's reputation, and if WWE is still interested after the match it obviously was, but I thought it was a neat thing to toss in.

I really hope they bring in Hart and Smith, Punk too, but I don't understand the logic behind sending him to OVW.

or perhaps the bashams were just being i dunno, HEELS.

Someone in WWE doing what their job description entails? not a chance.

Oh, of course the Bashams were playing heel, but if you know Teddy's reputation it's the kind of thing that makes you pause. It wasn't a coincidence that it was Teddy, they made sure to get it on the mic, and he wasn't talking like that with the Michaels guy.

Doug Basham, Teddy Hart and the agents having a little fun with Teddy's reputation? not a chance :rolleyes:

If Joe's physique is what's keeping the WWE from offering him a spot, I say fuck 'em. Foley had a worse physique than Joe and became a wrestling god in the WWE. And Joe is 10x the wrestler Foley was.