I was talking about a sequence like this (or similar, don't quite remember):

OO

O

O

O

O

O

O

So, if I hold green that entire time, wouldn't I get penalized for holding it during the reds where green shouldn't be held?

Edit: Well the board automatically de-spaced it, but maybe you get the idea. Basically I'm talking individual notes.

For single notes, it'll only play the note farthest down the neck (i.e. the note closest to the body of the guitar) regardless of what buttons you have held in "above" that note. Say a blue note is coming up - you could hold in any combination of G/Y/R (or all of them) while pressing the blue, and it will only play blue (with no penalty). You could hold in all 5 buttons while playing a single orange. This doesn't apply to chords, though, as you can only press those exact buttons

I hadn't played GH3 for a few weeks. I was in the mood to play last night after getting back from the gym, and on my first try in along time, I beat TtFatF on Hard. I doubt I'll ever beat it on Expert, however.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
I hadn't played GH3 for a few weeks. I was in the mood to play last night after getting back from the gym, and on my first try in along time, I beat TtFatF on Hard. I doubt I'll ever beat it on Expert, however.

Probably not. I haven't yet. Frustrating, since I can run through it on practice mode and get almost 80%. The fast runs are easy, but the solos can fuck RIGHT off.

So I've been monitoring the Toys R' Us website since they are the only ones that have had the Wii guitar as a stand alone item with a release date. Since December it has been January 28, 2008.

As of this morning it has been changed, again, to February 26, 2008.

The strum bar on my wireless 360 controller is broken; the downstrum won't trigger unless I apply additional force beyond what it takes to make the strum bar "click." (I hold the guitar lefty flip, so downstrum on lefty = upstrum righty)

According to Activision, returns and exchanges are handled by RedOctane. According to RedOctane, warranty is sixty days from date of purchase. In fact, their automated return form says I am out of warranty.

So... what are my options? Can I fix this myself? What should I do? Should I pay to get it repaired? Buy a replacement guitar? SEETHE endlessly?

I'm starting to wonder if "training" by playing easy all the time is doing me a disservice... I'm pretty good at (almost) all the GH3 songs - I five starred all of them except Slayer's Raining Blood (which wikipedia nicely points out is "renowned for being one of the hardest songs in the regular "Career Mode" setlist, due to its very high tempo and notoriously devastating Mosh 1 section", so I'm not alone at finding it hard). Anyway, point is, going through songs on medium, I find the addition of the blue note confuses the hell out of me and sometimes I miss finger a whole bunch of notes because mentally I think "if I played the farthest one down, red would be next in a sequence" and vice versa, usually missing yellow. Just a matter of adjusting I suppose. I love the song list in GH3, btw.

Use four fingers.

I do, it's just a mental thing. I'm getting better at it.

And yes, Devil...Gerogia is the PS2 version in career (and you have to do it as a battle everytime) but as of yet I do not see it as a playable exhibition song.

Oh boy, Guitar Hero Aerosmith.

At least 360 and PS3 get a free song. Dream On is the only song I could conceivably care about.

Use four fingers.

I do, it's just a mental thing. I'm getting better at it.

And yes, Devil...Gerogia is the PS2 version in career (and you have to do it as a battle everytime) but as of yet I do not see it as a playable exhibition song.

It's only available as a battle on the 360, but you can download the boss battles for free to play in quick play.

Somehow I misread what Thoth said as "Astrosmash" and I was a bit intrigued.

Activision and RedOctane have also trademarked the titles "Guitar Villain" and "Drum Villain" as well as "Keyboard Hero," "Drum Hero" and "Band Hero."[6] Analysts expect that future Guitar Hero games in 2008 will include additional instrument peripherals to compete against Rock Band. On February 15, 2008 Activision announced that one of these installments will be Guitar Hero: Aerosmith to be released in June of 2008.[13][14][15] Guitar Hero: Aerosmith will not be developed by Neversoft. Rather, the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii versions of the game will be developed by Vicarious Visions while the PS2 version will be developed by Budcat Creations

Finally set up my 360 and played Guitar Hero 3 for the 1st time. A couple of things...

1. Slash is a fucking tough boss to beat.

2. My two favorite Bonus Songs are tough as fuck to beat. In The Belly Of A Shark and F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.