TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Guitar Hero.

did anyone hear the Devil Went Down to Georgia GH3 clip on Joystiq? Thats just wrong.

I don't really have a problem with a guitar solo instead of fiddle (it is Guitar Hero after all) but that is an awful, awful cover. The singer is terrible for that song. I'm still getting it opening night though.

'Nother opening nighter. So excited for this shit.

Slayer and Dragonforce are finally on here.

Internet rumor has it that Sears has already released the game on the shelves, supposedly only the PS2 version. I cannot confirm this, and I know this type of thing always comes out weeks before any hit game is released.

Internet rumor has it that Sears has already released the game on the shelves, supposedly only the PS2 version. I cannot confirm this, and I know this type of thing always comes out weeks before any hit game is released.

I was in a one off shop (Game Centre) two days ago and they had the PS2 version on their shelf.

Demos up.

Looks like they put a LOT of work into the background. (Which I knew, but yea) the Drummer's on beat, the singers lips are with the song, couldn't really tell while playing, but I'm sure the guitar fingering was on point, there was even a point where the guy jumped on stage from the crowd, then crowd surfed.

I still have no idea though, why some notes look like last years, and some have this glowing white thing in the middle. Maybe it's just because it's a demo, I don't know.

Tenacious D song was pretty hard.

Is it just me or did they made the hammer-on notes a little easier to recognize for GH3?

Yea, they did.

That were some solos, where I wasn't....but basically, I was I randomly tapping notes, but I was getting them. Like, I know I was close, but I really doubt I hit em perfect, yet still, I came out with a 4x multiplier. So they definitely made it easier.

Anyone else hook their guitar hero controller up to their computer and use it to play frets on fire?

hell yes.

i don't even play regular guitar hero anymore.

I made a pre-order for the game during the week and I received a call this morning for picking it tomorrow, didn't bought it at Sears however. I know I've seen Rocks the 80's on shelves a day before it came out, but it's weird for a game to be availlable on a Sunday instead of the usual Tuesday release.

I should sell it on eBay, there must surely be a few idiots out there willing to pay way too much for playing the game 2 days before everyone.

It comes out tomorrow... not tuesday.

I preordered mine at Gamestop, and I got a call about a little party thing that they're having to celebrate. Starts at 11PM, selling the game at 12:01AM. There's a kegger that night too, so looks like I'm gonna have a real fucking rowdy-dowd.

Anyone else hook their guitar hero controller up to their computer and use it to play frets on fire?

I have a pretty good computer, but for some reason Frets on Fire runs way too slowly for me.

I have a pretty good computer, but for some reason Frets on Fire runs way too slowly for me.

Me too. It runs ok, but i have to close out of everthing else before I play or it lags alot.

For 360 owners, a question. I got the new wireless guitar but for some reason my 360 won't recognize it. Does the system have to get an update for it? I don't have it hooked up to Live at the moment. All it does now is have the 4 green lights around the startup button spin around in a circle like it's powering up. But it never stops doing it, and the system never registers it as a controller.

I've been playing the last two days, and yesterday it had an automatic update. dont know if it was for your problem, but I know there is at least an update out. sorry.

I love the game so far. Battle mode is so much more fun that i thought it would be, and pro face off online is awesome. I dunno if it matters cause I dont know if you can challenge friends online, but if anyone is up for a game, my gamertag is deathbyburrit0 (with a zero at the end).

Pros:

It is awesome. It's fucking guitar hero.

Cons:

Mine came with a whammy bar that didn't work. Poop. Plus, on wii, the graphics suck.

For 360 owners, a question. I got the new wireless guitar but for some reason my 360 won't recognize it. Does the system have to get an update for it? I don't have it hooked up to Live at the moment. All it does now is have the 4 green lights around the startup button spin around in a circle like it's powering up. But it never stops doing it, and the system never registers it as a controller.

Did you sync it to your console?

Hilarious thing at the moment:

If you registered an account at guitarhero.com, you're supposed to be able to get a code from your copy of GH3, enter it into the "Link your account" section... but the whole thing is pretty broken right now.

Will we be able to buy a 2nd guitar for the Wii ? I've looked all over the internet and so far the only way that I can get a 2nd one seems to be by buying a 2nd bundle, yanking the guitar and reselling the game as a standalone and hope someone buys it content using their wii-mote as a guitar.

2 questions

has anyone found cheats to unlock all songs, and has anyone bought the soundtrack and put the code in on XBL to get the 3 songs

2 questions

has anyone found cheats to unlock all songs, and has anyone bought the soundtrack and put the code in on XBL to get the 3 songs

It's gotta be a different code in every soundtrack.

Pros:

Cons:

Mine came with a whammy bar that didn't work. Poop. Plus, on wii, the graphics suck.

Looks fine on my HDTV. Besides.. graphics aren't that important for this type of game, really.

Pros:

Cons:

Looks fine on my HDTV. Besides.. graphics aren't that important for this type of game, really.

Seriously? I'm playing it on an HDTV (though I don't think it's even in 480p so an HDTV doesn't matter) and it looks just atrociously bad. I mean, I guess it doesn't really matter since you're looking at the fretboard pretty much the whole time, but damn it's got some terrible graphics. Even the menus and stuff are muddy and pixelated. Look at the text that pops up that goes "YOU ROCK" when you beat a song. How the hell do they make TEXT look so shitty? Does it suck as bad on the other systems or is it just the Wii version.

I don't really care, the game's fun as hell though.

Pros:

Cons:

Seriously? I'm playing it on an HDTV (though I don't think it's even in 480p so an HDTV doesn't matter) and it looks just atrociously bad. I mean, I guess it doesn't really matter since you're looking at the fretboard pretty much the whole time, but damn it's got some terrible graphics. Even the menus and stuff are muddy and pixelated. Look at the text that pops up that goes "YOU ROCK" when you beat a song. How the hell do they make TEXT look so shitty? Does it suck as bad on the other systems or is it just the Wii version.

I don't really care, the game's fun as hell though.

+1, but it makes me want a 360 that much more.

Is anyone else getting some sort of crazy optical illusion effect when you look away and everything seems to be moving up? I think I should stop playing, my brain hurts.

On another note, I'm becoming satisfactory in Hard.

Is anyone else getting some sort of crazy optical illusion effect when you look away and everything seems to be moving up?

I've had that.

I've been playing through on easy, since this is the 1st GH game I've owned. I've played a little of GH2, so I've got to work my way up. I've passed every song pretty easily (although, it took me a few tries to beat Tom Morrello) so far except "Raining Blood". I haven't gotten beyond 78% finished on it yet. I may have to resort to practicing it.

What's everyone's favorite venue? Personally, I like Shanker's Island. I got a big kick out of all the prisoners jumping around in sync during "Holiday in Cambodia".