TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

WTF?!?!?!?

I'm guessing this is based on the second wave of the cartoon which is supposedly based more on the comics, which were darker than the campy 80's cartoon and Shredder was actually a menacing villain rather than bumbling

I'm guessing this is based on the second wave of the cartoon which is supposedly based more on the comics, which were darker than the campy 80's cartoon and Shredder was actually a menacing villain rather than bumbling

...even though the original TMNT movie did a good job of that too, before the movie series got all Vanilla Ice-y and Kevin Nash hidden in a Shredder Suit-ish in the sequel.

And TMNT3, like Rocky V, never happened. Got it?

I actually just got finished reading the first Ninja Turtle comic.

The First Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Comic

Blood, guns, severed limbs, domestic abuse - all within the first few pages. No pizza, no Michaelangelo making wise crack, not even a Cowabunga. Most of what took place in the comic also took place in the first movie.

Much different from the family friendly cartoon/movies I watched when I was five.

And yes, Ninja Turtles 3: Back In Time (or whatever it was called) never happened.

if you recall, the first TMNT movie got huge backlash because of violence, April wearing skimpy tops and shorts, saying the word "Damn" a few times, etc...they had to tone it way the hell down for the next two flicks...that was back in 91, though, I can imagine standards will be different come 2007...

Guest SP-1

At least Eastman and Laird are writing it. That kind of give me a little hope for it.

if you recall, the first TMNT movie got huge backlash because of violence, April wearing skimpy tops and shorts, saying the word "Damn" a few times, etc...they had to tone it way the hell down for the next two flicks...that was back in 91, though, I can imagine standards will be different come 2007...

The violence will pass now, but skimpy tops and shorts will still get backlash

Guest El Satanico

What's the problem? They aren't allowed to make an animated feature, just because of those lame live action movies?

The new cartoon series is better than the old series.

like Rocky V,

The fuck you say that movie never happend. Where did I get kick ass lines like "hey Tommy...you knocked him down, why don't you try knocking me down?" "IN THE RING!!! TOMMY GUNN ONLY FIGHTS IN THE RING!!" "My rings outside." or YOULOSEYOURFINISHED...or the GITUP you SONOVABITCH....cause Micky loves ya.

That movie kicked ass you fucking haters.

Dammit I want Elias Koteas as Casey Jones! Never mind, he's getting abit old and bald for that. How about just a real psychopathic Casey Jones, not a kooky sidekick. Kinda like The Punisher, only low tech.

And a hot April O'Neil.

And no Vanilla Ice cameos.

Is that too much to ask for, if they MUST do another movie?

What's the problem? They aren't allowed to make an animated feature, just because of those lame live action movies?

The new cartoon series is better than the old series.

If it's animated and wil lall be in CG then great.

If it's another live action movie that takes place after the third film, then well, you know, fuck it.

Guest KOR420

poor tommy gunn,never had a boxing career,HIV positive after rocky V

While I've read about the new cartoon, I haven't watched it at all, so I decided to do an image search on April now.

Definitely a far cry from the days of the yellow jumpsuit and helmet hair.

Rocky V was great. Although my favorite part was the montage of clips from the series played during the credits, with Elton John's "Measure of a Man" playing.

And there's nothing wrong with this new TMNT movie. If they did a live-action movie today, it would just be cheesy.

the first TMNT film was the only one I went to the movies to see. I was a huge fan at the time, the turles being my first childhood obsession, before wrestling. I liked the first two, three wasnt as good but alright I suppose. and i refuse to watch the new cartoon, its old school or nothing at all for me. too bad they never show the old ones anymore (and I sold the two videos I had-that came from mcdonalds or burger king or somethin)

its time for a dvd release of the original cartoon!!!

and they need to release the original arcade game on ps2 pronto!!!

Actually Tommy Morrison (hsi real name) did beat George Foreman, for a fringe world tile, before george regained the world title. so he had one moment. Then in I think it was his first title defense, he got kod in front of a hometown crowd, then later he got aids and now I have no clue where hes at.

Rocky V is a guilty pleasure I guess.

Rocky V was depressing as Rocky was broke and brain damaged. Not a good way to end the series IMO so yeah hence the hate.

Rocky V was depressing as Rocky was broke and brain damaged.  Not a good way to end the series IMO so yeah hence the hate.

Well, they ARE trying to make a Rocky VI....

"Touch me and I'll sue you!!"

*PUNCH!*

"Sue me for WHAT?"

er king or somethin) 

its time for a dvd release of the original cartoon!!!

Seasons one and two are out on dvd... They release one every 4-5 months.

...so...when will the entire series be out then?

I'm not that good at math, but there were 10 seasons, and 193 episodes.

And no, this isn't counting the crappy live action show "Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation"

More info on the original cartoon:

http://www.tvtome.com/TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles_1987/

I cant even watch the new cartoon, but I made sure I got up every saturday morning to watch the original, and I went to see all 3 movies.

The 3rd movie isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be..If anything, the 2nd one was the worst of the 3.

2007 though...I'll be freaking 25 years old, like 17 years past when I watched the original cartoon..damn..

I cant even watch the new cartoon, but I made sure I got up every saturday morning to watch the original, and I went to see all 3 movies.

The 3rd movie isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be..If anything, the 2nd one was the worst of the 3.

2007 though...I'll be freaking 25 years old, like 17 years past when I watched the original cartoon..damn..

Eh, that's not TOO strange...

20 years after she first watched it, my sister watched the Rainbow Brite movie...something about a star stealer or something like that.

Me...I watched the original Transformers 20 years later...when I could actually remember stuff about it. :P