One and Only "ECW: One Night Stand" Thread

Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"

• Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad

I told you all so!

It was either going to be a pile of shit show, a bomb, or one of the all time classic shows. If you ask me, it was without a doubt one of the all time classic wrestling shows.

I was having so much fun watching it I just flat out stopped coming here to post, I wanted to catch every second of it.

My God what a night.

That was honestly one of the best Pay-Per-Views I've ever seen. Even with the WWE stuff, it truly felt like an ECW PPV. That Tanaka-Awesome match was incredible. Anyone thinking about getting the replay should do it.

Guest JMA
And so ends the most exciting PPV of almost the last five years.

Damn right. Watching that show made me feel like a thirteen year old kid again--and that's a great feeling. It felt like something special, and it was.

Guest *KNK*

All the doubters and they know who they are can eat their words right now because this was truely Paul's baby.

A couple WWE commericials, is all vince enforced.

Everyone has already said it, but that was FUCKING AWESOME. RVD and Heyman's shoots, Taz, the matches, fucking everything. Loved it.

Guest Fook_Theta

The opening match or Tanaka/Awesome seems like the best match tonight. The ECW brawls were good or great. Decent promos. The WWE related stuff came off better than what most people I presume were thinking.

The first PPV i've bought since Wrestlemania XX, and it was definately worth it. Really enjoyable, no ***** Match of the Years but that wasn't what the show was about. Most exciting PPV event in a LONG time.

They could have pulled off the crusading stuff better by just not having them show up til the end, and it would have saved the Benoit/Eddy match probably.

They could have also gone with "see..the WWE pussied out and didnt show up!"..

Guest *KNK*

There were SO many things to remember here, Joey Styles held nothing back, Foley as well. Paul's shoot, the incredible final 2 matches and the blowoff...

Only one disapointment and that was the too short benoit/guerrero match but we've seen them rock before, we can live.

The last 3 matches (Rhyno/Sabu, Awesome/Tanaka and the Tag Match) were awesome, its just a shame that the earlier stuff was less than stellar.

Kinda like an ECW show

Nothing was bad. Rey/Psi was really disappointing but still good. Guido/Crazy/Tajiri needed about 7 more minutes.

Awesome/Tanaka was easily the best match of the night, even better than their old ECW matches... absolutely insane.

There were SO many things to remember here, Joey Styles held nothing back, Foley as well. Paul's shoot, the incredible final 2 matches and the blowoff...

Only one disapointment and that was the too short benoit/guerrero match but we've seen them rock before, we can live.

There's a lot that can be said about this PPV, but I think you summed it up quite nicely. All I'll add, is that I've never once marked out that much during any 5 shows, nor enjoyed one more than that.

Benoit/Guerrero was the only disappointing thing on the show, too short but what was there wasn't any good anyway so maybe it's a good thing. Poor timing with the crowd focusing on the Raw guys (especially Edge) instead of the match too.

The rest of the show more than made up for it though.

Guest jumpingbombangel

Man, even in the lowest points I was still tuned in. That's the most wrestling I've watched in one sitting in 2 years.

I hope the worthless WWE workers who were there can take the shit thrown on them and use it to better themselves for once instead of continuing to get pissed at "geeks" just for being right about how shitty they are.

Guest *KNK*

What gets me are those little things we dont remember right now but added SO much to this show.

The Beluah and Tommy reunion and subsequent Double DDT...so much more