GreatWhiteNope

One and Only "ECW: One Night Stand" Thread

Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"

• Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad

The replay doesnt air for another 4 and a half hours here, but they won't edit it.

So how was the production of the show though? Was it like the older ECW shows or like a normal WWE Show? I thought they were supposed to go with less cameras, no pyro, stuff like that.

Guest *KNK*

What was RVD's point exactly? Taking the credit for the PPV?

Because he didn't say anything else.

What would they edit? The F word was bleeped out live, ECW PPVs in the past have had more blood in them, and it's PPV after all.

I expect the DVD to have some themes replaced, though.

Guest *KNK*
So how was the production of the show though?  Was it like the older ECW shows or like a normal WWE Show?  I thought they were supposed to go with less cameras, no pyro, stuff like that.

It had the production of WWE but no pyro.

Guest *KNK*
What would they edit?  The F word was bleeped out live, ECW PPVs in the past have had more blood in them, and it's PPV after all.

some here were concerned they would cut out the shoot comments although why would they.

Astro, it was just like an old ECW show. There was only smoke, no pyro. A lot less cameras, and no high production values.

KNK, RVD's point was just to get across how much he loves ECW and how much he hopes this PPV succeeds. Then it was just to bring in Sabu. Either way, the lines about how his vocabulary has been limited and stuff ruled.

Guest jumpingbombangel

I'm nowhere near the Austin supporter I once was, but let's have a little more love for the guy figureheading the PPV's end. He had a place as a rebel there, too, no matter what happened after his departure.

My not-so-guilty pleasure of the evening was seeing Rey get pissed on. I'm so tired of the three-feet-tall-and-bulletproof 619 crap. And Bischoff getting told he was the worst goddamn play-by-play guy of all time...to his face that only previously got spit on by a fan.

Damn, wrestling needs a strong counterculture again. I can't believe fans have enabled the WWE for this long...it's good to see people with balls and backbone as the audience to tell them what sucks.

I think RVD's point was just to address everyone and say that he was glad to be back in a place where he was most appreciated and that yes it was him who talked Vince into the show. In a way I'm glad he didn't go out of his way to trash HHH or whoever, but still showed more emotion and passion than he has in years.

Production wise the show felt like a hybrid of old ECW and WWE stuff. No pyro or anything but maybe a bit better camera than old ECW.

Why does it shock anyone to see that Awesome and Tanaka would own everyone? Here's the problem with both guys though: I've never seen either have a good match with anyone else. During their ECW run I can't recall a good match either Awesome or Tanaka had with anyone else on the roster...they literally can wrestle each other and no one else. It's kinda the anti Eddie/Benoit, where they can wrestle virtually anyone but each other. Either way, tonight that was a MAN'S match.

I'm glad to hear this show is getting over like gangbusters. Hell, even my friend Ian's wife got him the PPV tonight (early Father's Day present) and they hardly ever get PPVs.

Anyone else have bar reports of how people enjoyed the PPV?

What would they edit?  The F word was bleeped out live, ECW PPVs in the past have had more blood in them, and it's PPV after all.

some here were concerned they would cut out the shoot comments although why would they.

Okay. Nothing there was too extreme, honestly. The Edge stuff--meh, it's well known at this point. And any idiot fan by now should be able to tell that HHH is at least highly favored, and that WWE TV is overly scripted.

Production wise the show felt like a hybrid of old ECW and WWE stuff.  No pyro or anything but maybe a bit better camera than old ECW. 

The best way to sum it up, as someone said before, is that it felt/looked like an ECW show, had ECW ended up really growing into a powerhouse.

Honestly watching the show on PPV was great, but the biggest mistake I may have ever made in my wrestling watching career, believe it or not, was not putiing down $400 bucks for a ticket to the show; I would gladly have done so now just to soak the energy from the crowd that sorely misses from any other promotion ever (Edit: I have never been to an ROH show, but nothing can beat the ecw crowd vibe)

Awesome/Credible vs Lynn/Tanaka was good.

But I agree for the most part, their best matches (and only memorable matches) have been against each other. Though Awesome did have a killer match with Kobashi in 98(?) but that's neither here nor there.

Guest Brian
Benoit and Eddy should cross paths backstage on Smackdown this week, give each other a "What the fuck was that all about?" look and keep on walking.

Or they could do a whole dream sequence. You know, that would be pretty insulting if Vince just dreamed the whole thing up and laughed them off.

Dude I think I saw Bob Barron.. right after JBL says something about ECW fans e-mailing each other talking about being hardcore, they show the crowd chanting "Shut the fuck up" and Bob Barron (or his identical twin) is standing there with a dull look on his face doing nothing.

I remember someone here saying that Awesome had a good match with Spike at Guilty as Charged '00.

Matt Hardy has made a statement on his website about tonight's ECW PPV.

What's up everyone? I got about 50 calls tonight from people buzzing me on the ECW crowd being all over Adam's @ss about me and the Paul E plug. After reading a couple of reviews of the show, it reminded me of why I loved ECW so much back in the day. Spontaneity. Controversy. Not being afraid to break from "the formula". Alot of truth and honesty rolled into the "entertainment" aspect of pro wrestling. Regardless of how predetermined or not Paul's two (or three) words were - "Matt frickin' Hardy", I respect him and thank him for going there. It popped me when I heard. Paul Heyman is a truly amazing individual when it comes down to him having his fingers on the pulse of the product. I respect his contributions to the business and wrestling mind greatly. I also respect the f*ck out of the New York fans--more specifically, the more educated, can't be insulted, we'll call you out on your feces fans. When it comes to performing, there's nowhere like NYC and the New Yorkers. As always, I thank everyone for their support--be well.

Matt

Tanaka/Balls was just them beating the shit out of each other with chairs mainly. It was amusing but not really a great match. And I wasn't counting the Lynn/Tanaka vs. Awesome/Credible tag match since it was basically them fighting each other there too.

Hardcore Heaven 2000. Definetly worth getting a tape of, as it's got a good RVD/Lynn bout, a fun tag match w/ Nova/Chetti vs Doring/Roadkill vs The Baldies and a pretty alright ME w/ Storm vs Credible.

Does Matt Hardy have issues with saying 'shit'?