One and Only "ECW: One Night Stand" Thread

Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"

• Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad

Guest Ransome

I can't wait to see the aftermath of this pay per view and how, if at all, it will change WWE. Will anyone get signed based on their performance tonight, who'll be reprimanded, etc. But most importantly, will they draw upon this success to further revive the ECW name?

Although, as fantastic as tonight was, I can't help but feel that if they tried a second pay-per-view that it just wouldn't be the same.

True say.

I totally forgot about that match, funny because I loved it more then anything on the card when I first saw it. Tajiri wasting Corino with a head kick and blood spattering on the camera lens is still a great visual to this day. By no means, however, does it equal Jerry Lynn writing "D-I-E" on Steve's chest with his own blood.

If anybody gets signed after tonight it'll be Awesome or Tanaka.

HH2000 was my Fave ECW PPV simply because it started my love affair with wrestling, mainly the RVD/Lynn match.

Another favourite Joey Styles call: "Let's pay some bills!"

There was so much stuff on this PPV that I'm going to have to truly watch it 5 more times to take in everything that happened tonight.

That's all you need to know if you should order the replay or get the Webcast or whatever.

Dude I think I saw Bob Barron.. right after JBL says something about ECW fans e-mailing each other talking about being hardcore, they show the crowd chanting "Shut the fuck up" and Bob Barron (or his identical twin) is standing there with a dull look on his face doing nothing.

Considering I wasn't there, that's pretty interesting.

There is no doubt to me, based on what I saw at the bar tonight, that there will be more ECW shows in the future. I haven't seen that kind of buzz among wrestling fans in years.

Tonight's show changed the wrestling business.

That's a huge statement, but I'm not far off. Give it a few weeks to let it sink in, but what happened tonight will change things forever.

If the buyrates come in more than WWE PPVs, then it's REALLY going to change things.

I wouldn't be surprised to see either Awesome or Tanaka, if they get signed end up in JBL's Cabinet, that's the only reason i can think of why they kept cutting to shots of Bradshaw constantly throughout the match, looking like he was impressed with what was going on.

100 people have seen this show, or are the poll results inflated?

I was just about to point that out. I know many watched it, but I doubt the number is really that high just from here.

I hope I'm wrong about that though.

I missed the show (had to work).

Yet I haven't gotten this excited about a wrestling event in years, and all I've done is read the results of the show.

Looks like I will definitely be buying the DVD when it comes out. When will it be out?

-Ben

Guest jumpingbombangel
There is no doubt to me, based on what I saw at the bar tonight, that there will be more ECW shows in the future. I haven't seen that kind of buzz among wrestling fans in years.

They've never given us reason to cause a buzz until tonight.

Seriously, I said it earlier, but I hope now it becomes as trendy to trash the product at shows as it has been to swing off of McMahon dick like people have been doing since 2001. I believe the only way to make things better is for the fans to stop being so damn docile and taking whatever is fed them.

Change was imminent when I came here and saw people giving honest, deep thought to John Cena's ring credibility...and like making in-depth posts about freaking JOHN CENA'S ring credibility.

We need something new, damn, now.

Dude I think I saw Bob Barron.. right after JBL says something about ECW fans e-mailing each other talking about being hardcore, they show the crowd chanting "Shut the fuck up" and Bob Barron (or his identical twin) is standing there with a dull look on his face doing nothing.

Considering I wasn't there, that's pretty interesting.

you've gotta check out the tape man, he looks exactly like you. Even wearing a baseball hat, didn't catch the team though.

And I'm not surprised. This si the first time any of us have been this excited since, well, forever. This was an amazing event, and it won't be forgotten.

There was so much stuff on this PPV that I'm going to have to truly watch it 5 more times to take in everything that happened tonight.

That's all you need to know if you should order the replay or get the Webcast or whatever.

Indeed, I'm still buzzed from watching it as it happened, and now watching the replay and still can't soak it all in. An emotional ride of sorts, most unique and worthwhile ppv done in years. It's shows like this that make me love this pseudo sport that we all follow. The promos were as strong if not stronger than the actual wrestling action at times and thats not a knock on the workrate - all in all a tremendous show that will take me awhile to really say I can comment further. Awesome-Tanaka was just off the chain and a complete redemption of sorts for Awesome when you think about it. Just about everything about the show was top notch. Matches, promos and quotes that will become memorable. Styles and Foley were strong, and I was freaking out like the ultimate mark when Styles was punking out Bischoff when they were calling the ppv together. To see/hear that happen "for real" or even sort of for real was just off the chain. Only real thing that bugged me wasnt necessarily Austin but somewhat how the ending went with Rey doing a 619, etc. It didnt get over in the match with Psicosis, why do it again and to nearly end the show? The show had almost a whole half hour extra they could have used for more time for some of the matches or something like a longer version of the celebration. But how fucking cool was it to see the show end with Sandman and Austin drinking beer together and then Styles saying "ECW Lives." WOW. Unreal.

Will be interesting to hear live notes from the show since I bet there was a handful of other stuff they did/said off camera.

Absolutely.  And if it doesnt change shit, then Vince is stupid.

$$$ or the possiblity of $$$ is what runs Vince's mind.

The fact that the common fan has now been exposed to ECW if they ordered this show (due to the mass advertising/exposure on RAW and SD and the fact that they still did it ECW by not doing obsessively, but enough to get the public intrested and acklowedged that ECW was coming back) and the stir of it happening so far is going to get everyone talking, it's going to change things.

I had an open mind going into tonight, and despite a little nitpicks, I came out totally surprised and had my faith restored in whether the company is still good or not. I liked this show so much that I don't even care about seeing Raw that much tommorow. They've spoiled us.

Guest Ransome

Check this out:

Go to the bottom of the forum, order the topics by 'Views' and set Topics to 'All'.

In less than a day, this thread has more views than ANY other thread in the history of the WWE folder, including the Brock quitting WWE and Matt speaking about Lita threads.

Something to ponder is this: Did anyone feel that an unspoken storyline is that the WWE guys weren't remotely going to invade by the end of the show? Bradshaw and Co. seemed quite entertained and impressed by the action really and I don't think they would have done shit until Austin goaded them.

It was funny but the guys I thought fared worst on the show were guys who didn't attempt to stray from their WWE persona. Austin came of a bit mixed, yeah I know he was in ECW and thus had the right to be there but he mainly was in his usual persona (though I dunno what else he'd do, not like anyone would recall much of his ECW work). Eddie and Benoit did a match more typical to SMDN and Eddie seemed a bit uncomfortable staying in heel mode while most everyone else wasn't following current storylines. It was hilarious though to see the way the crowd sorta shit on Rey for the 619 and his WWEized act....he really should have known better.

Sometimes it takes a vicious crowd to point out things like this, stuff like the 619 being a lame finisher. It's something I think most people deep down KNEW but no one really felt like mentioning until this show.

For a few moments, I was able to observe the people around me and I took in their reactions. Keeping in mind, this was the same place that I saw the Invasion PPV at, it's amazing how the average wrestling fan has been DYING for a show like this. Vince has to be seeing dollar signs right now.

Guest *KNK*

I think Cabbage has a point, Im watching the replay right now and JBL is loving the Tanaka/Awesome match.

For a few moments, I was able to observe the people around me and I took in their reactions. Keeping in mind, this was the same place that I saw the Invasion PPV at, it's amazing how the average wrestling fan has been DYING for a show like this. Vince has to be seeing dollar signs right now.

That's exactly my point.

I just hope they haven't spoiled us. That's all. My faith has been restored because I realize life in pro wrestling is still there. It's just a matter of who lets take place.