TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

I'm sorry, but this warrants some discussion

I guess he's just conditioned to the illogic booking of the wwe. I mean, he did turn heel out of nowhere at WM 17(although there were hints from his return, but they didn't really drop hints of it and it didn't play into his heel turn promo).

First of all, don't ever speak for me.

Second of all, no. The WWE generally likes to work the internet to get a favorable heat towards a wrestler. They would leak out information to the internet, because the "smarks" eat it up, reacting to it the exact way they want them to. Loss says it better than me, it's just too bad some of the people here drove him away.

Loss aint here anymore? He use to make some solid observations imo. It is possible what you are saying. That's why I made the John Cena comment earlier. Austin having court and being an enforcer with John Cena on the show is a damn conflict. How in the world could Austin of all people be doing this when he was the man who broke all the rules during his hey day. Just like I mentioned that they drop hints, but not really drop hints. Turning Austin PC to combat Cena may be pretty damn interesting to say the least. There are some here who hate Austin's hypocrisy as it is.

Loss wasn't driven away. He said he didn't care much for the board anymore and whether he was banned or not so I believe Kotzenjunge banned him.

A skinhead redneck begins the show judging an Arab character's treatment as unfair before rewarding by making him face a black man. The match ends when the skinhead redneck, who is meant to sit back and enforce the rules, breaks them himself just as the Arab is about to win the match he rewarded him with, saves the black man, beats up the Arabs and then gets drunk with the black man to celebrate.

Says it all, really.

Guest jumpingbombangel

I just think it's very humorous that no one here has denied the fact that Vince IS a mick. :D

What's really suprising is that they haven't stuck some Chinese/Japanese/Whatever guy out there to pretend to be N.Korean and suck up some more cheap heat.

You know, Jimmy Yang/Akio IS of Korean heritage...

IT'S MONEY!!!

Guest Nater

Let Austin say what he wants. If people get pissed over it then they got sand in their vaginas.

See how I so totally took that racism and made it sexist?

... I rule.

Not that it really justifies anything, but Austin doesn't strike me as the kind of character to walk around eggshells. That being said, if it was scripted, it's probably because they think the Stone Cold character is a racist. If it wasn't scripted, then well, Stone Cold probably IS racist.

Isnt Austin a redneck? As far as I am awarae doesnt that implay that hes a racist?

Also, does this mean that Austin is back on RAW for a while due to the heel turn talk? I sincerely hope not.

Austins stale. Ban him from TV.

Austin has a potential use yet on TV but he needs someone to be booked as a threat. Remember when Batista was a heel and mouthing off to Austin? He was the only guy on the show who wasn't afraid of Austin, except maybe HHH but Hunter would get beat down by Austin's now-rusty offense anyways.

The problem is that he's booked stronger than Hulk Hogan in his prime. He went over the entire SmackDown roster prior to WMXX because the whole group of something like 30 guys didn't want to mess with him. At the ECW show he ordered a whole bunch of upper and ME level guys including Angle and Edge and JBL to come to the ring or else he'd go up there and beat them all up by himself.

Austin needs to get punked out big time and THEN, and only then, get off TV. I don't care if there's no official match because he's too injured to take any wrestling moves, they can just have a prop-heavy beatdown segment instead. I think it'd be alright if, one night on Raw, a younger wrestler challenges Austin, takes the opening smacks and kicks and stomps into the corner, then comes back and just starts annihilating him. They can do prop object bumps and slamming him into the post/stairs or whatever since I know he can't take a chairshot or anything. Have him blade himself open like a mess and be left in the ring for dead with blood all over the mat to end the show.

The next week, say he was taken to the hospital and then never mention him ever again, except maybe the occasional Lonely Road style history video.

I don't expect that to happen, but if Austin went out like that, I'd applaud the guy for doing the right thing, finally.

First of all, the WWE dropped the ball by not having Hassan grab the mic when the fans started chanting USA during his matches to reiterate that HE IS AMERICAN. Call the fans dumbasses for not being able to comprehend that while he of Arab descent (and, yes, I know that he's actually Italian ... it's the gimmick I'm referring to, not the wrestler portraying said gimmick). Put the onus of the heat on him ragging on the fans, making him just a heel and not a foreigner. Keep the "my people have been persecuted" shtick, but do all the small things to make him an American, just one that happens to be of Arab descent.

Second of all, I'm half-Irish and live in Boston, which is basically the has the heaviest Irish population in the US. I interact with Irishmen fresh off the boat from the homeland all the time, and hear the word 'mick' dropped pretty fuckign frequently. Mick should not be equated with 'nigger' or 'kike' or any of the other really slanderous slurs. It's in the middle ground, like 'dago', in that it's probably still offensive to some, but it's really not the universally offensive that some of the others are.

Second of all, I'm half-Irish and live in Boston, which is basically the has the heaviest Irish population in the US.  I interact with Irishmen fresh off the boat from the homeland all the time, and hear the word 'mick' dropped pretty fuckign frequently.  Mick should not be equated with 'nigger' or 'kike' or any of the other really slanderous slurs.  It's in the middle ground, like 'dago', in that it's probably still offensive to some, but it's really not the universally offensive that some of the others are.

In 2005 sure.

I know several rednecks who are nowhere near racist...

I thought rednecks were WASPs, just thought it was implied. My bad.

Austins stale. Ban him from TV.

Austin has a potential use yet on TV but he needs someone to be booked as a threat. Remember when Batista was a heel and mouthing off to Austin? He was the only guy on the show who wasn't afraid of Austin, except maybe HHH but Hunter would get beat down by Austin's now-rusty offense anyways.

The problem is that he's booked stronger than Hulk Hogan in his prime. He went over the entire SmackDown roster prior to WMXX because the whole group of something like 30 guys didn't want to mess with him. At the ECW show he ordered a whole bunch of upper and ME level guys including Angle and Edge and JBL to come to the ring or else he'd go up there and beat them all up by himself.

Austin needs to get punked out big time and THEN, and only then, get off TV. I don't care if there's no official match because he's too injured to take any wrestling moves, they can just have a prop-heavy beatdown segment instead. I think it'd be alright if, one night on Raw, a younger wrestler challenges Austin, takes the opening smacks and kicks and stomps into the corner, then comes back and just starts annihilating him. They can do prop object bumps and slamming him into the post/stairs or whatever since I know he can't take a chairshot or anything. Have him blade himself open like a mess and be left in the ring for dead with blood all over the mat to end the show.

The next week, say he was taken to the hospital and then never mention him ever again, except maybe the occasional Lonely Road style history video.

I don't expect that to happen, but if Austin went out like that, I'd applaud the guy for doing the right thing, finally.

LOL. Im sorry. Thats hillarious. As if HHH, UT or Austin would do that. And come on now, would you like to be remembered like that?

the flaw in that formula is that Austin would eventually come back and get revenge...maybe not through a match, but he'd lay an equal beating on whoever did it...

Second of all, I'm half-Irish and live in Boston, which is basically the has the heaviest Irish population in the US.  I interact with Irishmen fresh off the boat from the homeland all the time, and hear the word 'mick' dropped pretty fuckign frequently.  Mick should not be equated with 'nigger' or 'kike' or any of the other really slanderous slurs.  It's in the middle ground, like 'dago', in that it's probably still offensive to some, but it's really not the universally offensive that some of the others are.

In 2005 sure.

Aren't we talking about 2005?

Yeah, Irishmen. Some that are true-blue, born in Ireland and moved here and some that are just "Americans' that happen to be of Irish descent.

Guest Goodear

Unfortunately, I have tickets to the 7/4 Supershow and I really sincerely plan on turning my back on whatever skit or angle they have Hassan in. I'll just stand up and have my back facing the ring. It's disgusting and has no place in wrestling, or any entertainment venue for that matter.

The Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff, and Baron Von Rascke say 'Hi'. The really funny thing about the righteous indignation is that you still paid to go see a company while you are evidentally very offended by its racist overtones. A company were if everyone in the arena did exactly what you have planned would go, "Whooo boy is this working." A company that has been doing the same thing during its entire hisory and has never been ashamed to do so.

Perhaps it's because you are entertaining to the lowest common denominator and insulting my intelligence.

For over 50 years... and you're still paying to go see it. Which is probably not the best message to send them if you are actually deeply offended somehow. But I'm guessing you are exactly offended enough to write something down on a message board and leave it at that.

Here's to hoping someone, anyone, everyone in mainstream media gets a hold of last night's Raw show and calls WWE on it.

To what end? Righteous indignation?

are you saying it's similar to us calling each other "niggas"?

I guess, kind of, Lushus. Sometimes it's used as a term of endearment, sometimes it's a diss, and sometimes it's just a word.

Unfortunately, I have tickets to the 7/4 Supershow and I really sincerely plan on turning my back on whatever skit or angle they have Hassan in. I'll just stand up and have my back facing the ring. It's disgusting and has no place in wrestling, or any entertainment venue for that matter.

The Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff, and Baron Von Rascke say 'Hi'.  The really funny thing about the righteous indignation is that you still paid to go see a company while you are evidentally very offended by its racist overtones.  A company were if everyone in the arena did exactly what you have planned would go, "Whooo boy is this working."  A company that has been doing the same thing during its entire hisory and has never been ashamed to do so.

Perhaps it's because you are entertaining to the lowest common denominator and insulting my intelligence.

For over 50 years... and you're still paying to go see it.  Which is probably not the best message to send them if you are actually deeply offended somehow.  But I'm guessing you are exactly offended enough to write something down on a message board and leave it at that.

Here's to hoping someone, anyone, everyone in mainstream media gets a hold of last night's Raw show and calls WWE on it.

To what end?  Righteous indignation?

Those past angles for the most part were taking advantage of what was in the news and capitalizing on it for financial purposes. Last I checked, no one was calling Iron Shiek a "sand person"

The closest would have been Col Debeers calling Jimmy Snuka a "member of the negroid race" ... but the Col was a heel, and thus was supposed to drawing boos and not cheers for his idiocy.

Also comparing what a company did fifty and twenty years ago to what is done today is not always the right way to go.

My only problem is that Austin tried to be "open-minded" and "unbiased", which was total bullshit on every level. I don't want to see an open-minded Stone Cold, I don't want to see him fighting for justice and the american way. I don't think anyone does. I hate it when the WWE tries to be overtly PC (and then, of course, do something very much not PC).

I think an interesting way to go about this is to have the WWE go waaaaaay overboard on the racism to the point to where the fans get uncomfortable and start CHEERING for Hassan. Like, have him get beat down so excessively bad that the once cheering fans go silent, have the wrestlers giving the beat down yell out slurs and do things that would make soliders at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo blush. Put a few plants in the crowd to start a "Hassan" chant, have JR yell "THIS IS NOT WHAT AMERICA IS ABOUT!!", and I think you could build a face from that. It's risky though, reeeeeally fucking risky. You'd have to build it for a few weeks, where every week they step over the line a lil more than the week previous, until the final beat down. You'd have to mix it up with heels and faces too, and some unlikely suspects.