TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

What was your favorite moment from

BWO.

Awesome Bomb on Tanaka.

Sandman's entrance.

Tracy Smothers.

And...that's pretty much all I marked for all show.

EDIT: Almost forgot the BalconySault. Crazy, Awesome and Tanaka were the three that really surprised me with their performances.

Edited by King Cucaracha

Guest Ransome

Heyman's promo, for sure. When ECW closed in 2001, his life's work had ended falling short of reaching it's ultimate goals, despite having achieved so much with so little. Yet, here was his creation (more or less) alive again, bigger than ever, with the entire wrestling world watching this time. This was the moment that Heyman deserved and never got due to ECW's untimely ending.

Second, and rather obviously, Mike Awesome vs Masato Tanaka. Most of the group of friends I watched this with had never seen ECW before, and were blown away by these seemingly invincible men powerbombing the shit out of eachother. I'm glad WWE spared no expense in ensuring the both of them would be at the show.

Thirdly, the classic ECW-style overbooked main event, with just enough suprise run-ins and sick bumps to make it true to 1995 ECW form.

Most of all I wanted to see Tommy and Sandman getting the recongnition they fucking deserve. I'm a ECW mark, for sure, but Tommy and Sandman, damn, there's just something so Jungian iconic about it.

How fucking happy did so much of them look? When Dawn Marie pimping for the Impact Players makes you jump and cheer in the first moments, you know you're a mark, and there's nothing wrong with that.

1. Sandman's entrance. Everyone singing the lyrics, D-Von dancing, wacking off to the wwe guys, and the guy caning himself; the entire thing was just insane. And lets not forget they were cold beers.

2. Awesome/Tanaka The match was incredible but the thing I haven't seen mentioned is how JBL obviously enjoyed the match even though he was leading the anti ecw smackdown guys.

BWO

Taz being Taz, not the wwe version

The lights going out. It isn't ecw if the lights dont go out at least once.

Sandman's entrance is the first thing that comes to mind, whatever the WWE paid for the rights to it was easily worth it. As has also been mentioned Crazy's balcony dive, Awesome/Tanaka from the first insane table bump onwards, Heyman's promo, "Fuck You Smackdown" and pretty much the whole Clusterfuck main event all come to mind.

I'm no doubt forgetting a bunch of stuff too, this is one PPV i could watch from start to finish numerous times, most WWE PPV's are lucky to have just one or two things i'd want to re-watch again.

Paul Heyman. When he said o look, its Edge, hide your wives. I am going to say 2 words to you that no writer in the WWE has the guts to say: MATT FREAKIN HARDY.

Guest Coffey

I think that my favorite moment from the night was the Kendo Stick shot by Justin Credible delivered to Chris Jericho in the opening match with Lance Storm.

Luckily, the return of Rob Van Dam to pay-per-view stopped Angle and JBL. RVD, with Bill Alfonso, interrupted JBL, saying that he was tired of having JBL and his image shoved down his throat every time he wants to watch wrestling.

RVD then continued to shoot from the heart, claiming he was going back to a time when his vocabulary was not limited to simply “whatever” or “cool.” Van Dam said that the time he spent in ECW was the best of his career. In fact, ECW was so important to RVD that not being able to compete at One Night Stand because of injury was worse than missing any overseas WWE event or even WrestleMania.

WWE.com

too many to mention, but Joey and Paul E. getting emotional, Jericho coming out as 'Lionheart', The FBI in (almost) full force, Sabu making the save for RVD, and the entire main event (including the entrances and pre-match run-ins) popped me the most. That and the crowd, which was almost as entertaining as the show itself, and 95% of their chants (the only ones that really pissed me off were at the beginning of Benoit/Guerrero when the crowd should have been giving them some respect)

Guest bigm350
Luckily, the return of Rob Van Dam to pay-per-view stopped Angle and JBL. RVD, with Bill Alfonso, interrupted JBL, saying that he was tired of having JBL and his image shoved down his throat every time he wants to watch wrestling.

RVD then continued to shoot from the heart, claiming he was going back to a time when his vocabulary was not limited to simply “whatever” or “cool.” Van Dam said that the time he spent in ECW was the best of his career. In fact, ECW was so important to RVD that not being able to compete at One Night Stand because of injury was worse than missing any overseas WWE event or even WrestleMania.

WWE.com

Cool. Thanks.

Well there were quite a few...

1. The opening shot of the crowd in Hammerstein just going apeshit

2. "This is Extreme" coming on and Joey Styles coming down to the ring, and getting choked up, and the first "oh my god" of the night. Just amazing.

3. Jericho coming out as Lionheart

4. The awesome match/spots from the Awesome/Tanaka match

5. The lights going out and Sabu showing up pointing to the sky.

6. Heyman's awesome promo on WWE

7. The whole Dreamer/Sandman vs Dudley's match from the opening intro's to the clusterfuck at the end. It just felt right. Hearing Enter Sandman(the real song) and Sandman coming out and the crowd singing along, was just awesome.

Overall, I've honestly watched this show 3 or 4 times the whole way through. It felt right, It felt like ECW, and it made for the first time in many many many years proud to be a wrestling fan again.

What I absoutely loved was the small details you wouldn't notice unless you watched it again. One part that really hit me was when Foley was introduced and was in the ring, and the abruptly faded into the Opening package of the show. I thought that was AWESOME.

It was just those little tiny things you know Heyman was fucking having a hard-on for to make sure the WWE production crew got their shit right and made this authentic ECW.

Guest nokia

I thought it was refreshing to hear guys getting promo time without it being "scripted lines"....Rvd was golden on the mike, but Steven Richards surpriced even me....I've forgotten how god he really is with a microphone...

Also a mark out moment was when the "wwe guys" got theire asses kicked and didn't climb back in the ring for more

But I read somewhere that the show ended about 20 minutes too early, anyone know why it did ?

Guest Coffey

I'm guessing because of the Eddie/Benoit match ending early due to Eddie phoning in his performance and busting his nose.

Guest Rrrsh

Top 5

#5: Joey Styles to Bischoff, "You are without a doubt the worst goddamn color commentator I ever heard in my life".

#4 Bischoff's interactions with the crowd

#3 The Edge situation. Styles: Hey it Edge, glad I didn't bring my wife. Edge's reaction to the crowd and Heyman bashes towards him. The whole thing was awesome.

#2 Awesome v. Tanaka

#1 The only reason you were champ for so long is because HHH didn't want to work Tuesdays.

Guest Coffey

Excuse my ignorance, but why does he do that please?

He's pointing to the Sheik, nowadays, I believe. He died in '03. I don't know what it was about originally though.

I believe Sabu is actually pointing at the lights. Part of his gimmick was that he was a wildman, and didn't know what lights were, and so when he gets to the ring and the lights are above it, he points at them in wonderment.

Heyman's Promo

Seeing The Unholy Alliance (Tajiri, Mikey, Sinister Minister) again

The Sandman's Entrance. I'm probably gonna go watch that part again in a couple minutes.

Steve Austin and Sandman interracting. "Hell, son, I've seen you drink. You don't need a beer, you need a case of beer."

I believe Sabu is actually pointing at the lights. Part of his gimmick was that he was a wildman, and didn't know what lights were, and so when he gets to the ring and the lights are above it, he points at them in wonderment.

I thought he was just pointing to them cause that's where he came from when he hit the ring.

The Blue and Red respective Smackdown! and RAW polo shirts. Come on, any prep that loves WWE wants one of those. I've talked to several of my friends (all generic RAW brand while I love Smack!... until this draft so far at least) and we'd all love to have a polo of our favorite brand. Best looking honors go to Christian of RAW for the popped collar which fit his character perfectly; and Orlando Jordan from Smackdown! for constantly pointing at the SD logo in the corner of his polo.

Worst dressed go to Snitzky from RAW for the un-necessary V-Neck he made and I guess JBL??? from Smack! for not wearing the polo... but honestly only Snitz ruined that awesome look.

Excuse my ignorance, but why does he do that please?

He's pointing to the Sheik, nowadays, I believe. He died in '03. I don't know what it was about originally though.

You'd think that he'd be used to lights by now.

I thought he was just pointing to them cause that's where he came from when he hit the ring.

BBB I was thinking that too. Maybe at 1st yes. Then as Coffey says but Ravenbomb makes a bit of sense. Tks guys.

-Awesome/Tanaka killing each other

-Joey Styles at his commentary best

-RVD/Paul Heyman's shoots

-The crowd (God I miss the smart, mostly appreciative ECW crowd)

-The Sandman's entrance

-The main event and the aftermath

Watching Eric Bischoff witness the bWo in person, and hearing Mick Foley saying while they were in the ring, "I wonder what the uninitiated are thinking right now."

Awesome/Tanaka will definitely end up on a list of top matches. No way I could put it over HBK/Angle from WM, but its up there.

Joey Styles was just "ON" the whole night outside of the beginning when he was introduced.

and the one Im surprised no one has mentioned..

"Your mother taught me how!" - Kurt Angle

I got so much of a laugh out of that.