TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

SWF Lockdown Card 6-22-05

-=-=-=-

The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation presents...

SWF LOCKDOWN, JUNE 22nd, 2005, LIVE FROM THE PANATHINAIKO STADIUM IN ATHENS, GREECE!

(8:00 PM EST; 5:00 PM PST. Check local listings.)

Panathinaiko.jpg

In ancient times the Panathinaiko Stadium was used to host the athletic portion of the Panathenaic Games in honour of the Goddess Athena. It was fully rebuilt in 1895 in order to host the first modern Olympic Games. The stadium was built long before dimensions for athletics venues were standardized and its track and layout follow the ancient hairpin-like model. It is made entirely out of white marble, and can seat about 80,000 people.

Due to the unusual shape and size of this arena, I made a pretty picture to show how everything will be laid out.

Panathinaiko2.JPG

-=-=-=-

The Main Event - Six Man Tag Team Match

Wild and Dangerous and Lil' Buck vs. Martial Law © (Landon Maddix and Todd Cortez) and Ejiro Fasaki ©

--> Revolution Zero is gone! Can't we all just get along?

Apparently not. Landon Maddix made it very clear last week that he's feeling a bit neglected - he's a damn fine Cruiser without a Cruiserweight Title shot, a World Title Contendor without a World Title shot, and all anyone can say about his tag reign is "When are you facing Wild and Dangerous again?"

We know how important it is to keep our talent happy. So when Landon Maddix asks "Where's MY match with Ejiro Fasaki?" (direct quote), we give it to him on the very next show!

Unfortunately, none of Landon's demands included the word "please". So it's not exactly the match he was hoping for. TENSION~!

Tonight, Martial Law teams up with the World Heavyweight Champion to take on three men who might have a thing or two to say about Landon's outburst on Storm!

Rules: Standard six-man tag. You know the drill.

Word Limit: 6500

Send to: Ace309

-=-=-=-

Toxxic vs. ???

--> Toxxic has stepped down from the World Title scene, disbanded Revolution Zero, and asked for a match against Danny Williams on Smarkdown, all in the name of wrestling. Maybe the stuff Spike slipped him never wore off... or maybe he's in a good mood, since we're on the European leg of our World Tour.

Regardless, Toxxic asked for a tune-up match to prepare for Danny, but Flesher is tight-lipped about who Toxx's opponent will be! After last week's mystery man turned out to be a genuine superstar, El Luchadore Magnifico, speculation has run rampant about who this week's QMM will be! Only one way to find out, folks!

Rules: Standard Singles Match

Word Limit: 5500

Send to: ChuckWoolery

-=-=-=-

Acropolis Now - SWF Hardcore Championship Match

Zyon © vs. JJ Johnson vs. Mak Francis

--> At 13th Hour, Zyon took home his first taste of SWF Gold, in what many considered to be an upset. Now let's see if he can defend it.

JJ Johnson returned on Storm, taking down Insane Luchadore in the Vatican City House Rules match and earning himself a shot at the SWF Hardcore Championship.

And Mak? Well, he's still a bit touchy after his hard-fought loss to Danny Williams, and he's just looking to make someone hurt.

A little history...

The Acropolis - a treasure trove of temples, shrines, and other things made out of rock.

One of those temples is the Erechtheion.

At this very spot, way way back in the day, two Gods had a contest to see who would become the patron diety of Athens. Poseidon, God of the Sea, struck the rocks and a salt water spring burst forth. Athena, Goddess of Wisdom (and like eighteen other things), conjured up an Olive tree out of thin air. The citizens declared Athena the winner of this epic battle, and awarded her the city of Athens. Poseidon got some crummy little fishing town on the coast.

Now, a couple thousand years later, another epic showdown will take place, as we determine who the patron wrestler of Athens will be!

And, just for kicks, we scheduled a Senior Citizens tour group to visit the Acropolis at the time the match is scheduled.

Rules: The competitors will begin at the foot of the Acropolis hill. Somewhere on the Acropolis - maybe out in the open, maybe in a temple, maybe in a shrine - is hidden a small Olive tree. The object of the match is to find this tree and plant it at the Erechtheion. The tree must be IN THE GROUND before a winner is declared. No disqualifications - anything goes. And most of all - have fun! The winner not only becomes (or stays) The SWF Hardcore Champion, but he will also be named the Patron Wrestler of Athens!

Word Limit: 6000

Send to: El Luchadore Magnifico

-=-=-=-

Olympic Wrestling Exhibition (Non-Title)

"The Dean of Professional Wrestling" Jay Hawke © vs. Arch Griffon

--> Considering that Lockdown is coming from an Olympic Arena, we just couldn't pass up the chance to throw two guys with technical backgrounds in a real wrestling match. But which two?

Jay Hawke and Arch Griffon.

Bad blood between these two, let me tell you. Or better yet, read it for yourself. Needless to say, animosity still exists here, and isn't likely to go away any time soon. Griffon's probably still sore about how his match at 13th Hour ended - tonight he's got the chance to even the score.

Rules: The rules have been slightly simplified (translation: I couldn't make any sense of them, so I asked other people).

Three 3-Minute Rounds - Whoever has accumulated the most points over all three rounds wins.

Strikes of any kind are strictly prohibited. First offense is a five-point penalty. Second offense is a 10 point penalty. Third offense is instant disqualification.

Point Values

From the feet:

Takedown = 1 point.

Takedown from feet to back = 3 points

Suplex from feet to stomach, side, etc. = 3 points

Suplex from feet to back = 5 points

On the mat:

Near-fall (any back exposure) = 2 points

Suplex started off the mat (eg a German where you lift the guy from his stomach) = +1 point bonus for the lift.

Any questions, ask Tom. :P

Word Limit: 3500

Send to: janusd

-=-=-=-

Manson vs. Austin Sly

--> The last time these two met one on one, the ending involved a chair and Manson's head. Sly's been off the active roster for a while, but he'll be on Lockdown, and he'll be in for one hell of a fight! I hope he doesn't think he can rely on the ole' chair trick tonight - it's no holds barred!

Rules: HARDCORE! No DQ, no count-out, falls count anywhere!

Word Limit: 4000

Send to: Justice

-=-=-=-

"The Maniac" Bryan Rodgers vs. Ghost Machine

--> Bryan Rodgers has hit a bit of a rough patch, but we still love 'em. So we're giving him one of the most beloved jobs in the SWF - that of the welcoming committee. Ghost Machine proved he has what it takes to get here - now let's see if he's got what it takes to stay.

Rules: Standard singles match.

Word Limit: 3500

Send to: chirs3

-=-=-=-

Jumpin' Jack Flash vs. "Big Country" Martin Hunt

--> A fun-lovin' Cherry Coke chuggin' speedball vs. a southern frat-boy. Can you say "Clash of styles?"

Seriously, can you?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Rules: Standard singles match.

Word Limit: 3000

Send to: chirs3

-=-=-=-

Opening Promo: Claimed~!

-=-=-=-

Plus: A look back at the life and career of Andrew Rickmen.

Edited by chirs3

Goddamn, what a card.

And like I even have to say how glorious that second image is.

Also, I didn't realize I was still allowed to mark things. >_>

Not that I'm complaining, it'll be a hell of match(es) to read and mark.

Oh. Whoops. I didn't even think of that.

Consider this match a "ELM's last day as a marker" present or something. :P

Bryan Rodgers has hit a bit of a rough patch, but we still love 'em. So we're giving him one of the most beloved jobs in the SWF - that of the welcoming committee.

Sweet! Now that he's JttR, I can steal moves from him!

*poison mists everyone and leaves the thread*

He's not JttR. I don't think he is, anyway. Ghost Machine already beat a JttR, so Bryan is his first real opponent. That's what I meant by welcoming committee - looking back, I could have worded that better. D'oh.

Edited by chirs3

Raynor is possibly the coolest thing to ever happen to this fed. The descriptions, the graphics, the crazy stips... in that last one particularly he's like Thoth, but waaaaaaaaay better.

*assaults people with question marks*

Guest Goodear

Consider this pleading...

No more wacky tag matches where the only sensible outcome is me getting jobbed out ... again. Thank you.

It's not on the card, so send everything to me.

As always, the deadline for matches to their markers is 8 PM Eastern, and again, as always, please have marked matches, promos, booking requests, etc., to me by 10 PM Eastern. Finally, as always, if there are any problems please let me know.

My Mystery Opponent (and all future ones, ESPECIALLY Danny) should note that my stats have changed a little. To be honest I can't remember exactly how, since i did it a couple of days ago and I've been ill since then. Maybe it was just that I'm now edging towards tweener. But whatever, they've changed. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Oh yeah, I'm also 6'7 now.

Guest randy69420

it would be totally awesome if the show went up in, like flash format, like on newgrounds or something

youd have to be one fast flash guy, though

What do you mean? Rane grew as well, didn't he?

I think Rane was tiny, then he was huge. Grew two feet overnight, because he drank his milk and ate his vegetables.