TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SammeC

The Draft - What is Next??

Guest SammeC

With two weeks of the draft now complete we have seen WWE Champion John Cena and Kurt Angle move to RAW and Chris Benoit and Randy Orton move to SmackDown! What is to happen next in the draft... what are the remaining three choices for each brand?? And how will HIAC (if at all) affect the draft...???

My opinion is that HHH will win at HIAC and move to SD! THe reason for this is that HHH is trying to appear as the face (front man) of RAW and WWE logic suggests he will be involved in a move sometime around the corner. The other two SD picks, I believe, will be filled by Kane and perhaps Chris Jericho after a loss in the Triple Threat. The three remaining RAW picks (in my opinion) will be filled by RVD, Orlando Jordan and Carlito...

Your thoughts???

Guest QUP2CME

I cant see HHH leaving for SD for one reason. SD has NO faces ATM. Undertaker wrestles every blue moon and Chris Benoit, although popular with the fans isn't exactly going to get main stream attention.

You have JBL, Orton, Eddie G, Carlito for upper-midcard/ME heels.

Faces are Benoit and Taker. That's it.

I see Batista going to SD, with the title.

With huge picks like Cena, Angle, Benoit, & Orton, it's almost like the standard has been set too high. When someone like say, Charlie Haas, is picked, the average fan won't really care. That said, my picks for this week would be Batista and Haas. Batista for the reasons above and to fix SD's title situation, and Haas just because I want a feud with Shelton.

Edited by Aero

I think HBK will end up on SD, as well as Batista and hopefully Jericho.

Whoever SD sends to Raw, unless its JBL, will be a bit of a disappointment to me. I doubt Taker's going to Raw, Carlito should stick to SD and Big Show is the most likely candidate to me, but he'd still be a let down.

Dames

Guest Tjhe CyNick

My guesses this week are Christian and JBL.

Others who I think will be drafted are Batista, Shelton, Rey, and Big Show.

Guest panthermatt7

Call me nuts, but I don't think they'll do any big names this week. Christian, Jericho, HBK, Batista and HHH are all involved in matches at Vengeance, and although they've said that these matches are 'draft protected,' I think that stipulation is more to shill the "anything can happen" nature of the draft, rather than actually be used.

If there is any big name moving this week, it will be from SmackDown to RAW. But there aren't really many big names left on SD. So I'm guessing that maybe a diva, or at the very most Big Show will be picked to RAW. As far as SD goes, I quite honestly would predict Kane being picked.

Two other random thoughts. I don't really think that the winner of Batista/HHH will be drafted to SmackDown, whichs seems to be the most popular theory at this point. Switching up the champions would probably confuse a lot of casual fans, not to mention weaken the titles. Quite honestly, I think the winner of Christian/Cena/Jericho will be drafted to SD - probably Jericho, IMO.

Second, does anyone know if Matt Hardy was technically on the RAW or SD roster before getting fired? It's doubtful, but that would by FAR be the most entertaining appearance on RAW tonight.

Tell me about it. That's about the best we can hope for, since we know it wont be a huge name and I'm pretty convinced she's coming over.

It wont be a huge name, it can't be a huge name. What would happen if they just dealt with the big stars in this thing each week? Well, both show just has 5-6 top guys anyway, and if all of them were drafted, the shows would just be switching for the most part, the main event scene at least, and that would be pointless.

We've had four top names already. Two of the remaining three picks will be lower down the food chain, if not the next four. I say Booker T's wife goes tonight, then on SD they pick up Tajiri.

Next week we might just see tag teams, who knows.

I agree the past two weeks have been big names. I'm expecting Renee Dupree to move to RAW sometime to reform La Resistance. As to who goes to Smackdown...they'll probably be released in the fall so it doesn't really matter. Lol, no, i really don't know

Guest Coffey

I'm hoping for Carlito on Raw tonight. That's the best guess that I have. Either him or Rey Mysterio, since he's basically above the cruiserweight division now. The only problem with that is it leaves the Eddie storyline in no mans land. So, I'm going with Carlito.

Guest panthermatt7

I sincerely hope they've ended that dreadful Sharmell/Kurt storyline, and thus will be keeping her on SmackDown. If there is a diva drafted from SmackDown, it would probably be one of the Diva Search morons since they make more sense from a "marketability" standpoint.

Seeing as how I don't get SmackDown in my market, I would really prefer to have RVD or Mysterio drafted over. It won't happen, but meh.

My predictions for this week: I'm too much of a pansy to make one pick. I think that tonight will bring RVD, Big Show or a diva to RAW, and SmackDown will draft over Tajiri or Shelton Benjamin.

I think Shelton Benjamin goes to SD either this week or next week, after jobbing the IC belt to Hassan.

I'd like to see Edge go to SD this week, bitch about losing his MITB shot, do his last Raw match at Vengeance with Kane, then take advantage of a worn out Batista after the HITC, get the World title and take it to SD. Unfortunately, I doubt that will happen.

Raw doesn't need big names, or guys with potential like SD, so just use the last couple weeks of the draft to trim the fat on SD. Give Raw the Big Show, Matt Morgan, or Heidenreich... Some big guy that could work a small program with Batista.

Guest Coffey

If a "Diva" were to come over to Raw, I'd expect it to be either Miss Jackie or Torrie Wilson. Someone that can get a pop and Lawler can cream over.

I could see it being Big Show, since they might have blown off the feud with Morgan on Smackdown (although it continues if he stays).

I think Shelton Benjamin goes to SD either this week or next week, after jobbing the IC belt to Hassan.

If Shelton goes there is no reason for me to watch RAW at all.

It would be a serious blow to the Raw midcard, but there's really nothing else for him to do. He's clearly ready to step up to the upper midcard and beyond, and with Raw bringing in established stars like Cena and Angle, he's really gonna have trouble not only getting wins, but even getting ME tv time.

I really think this draft is going to establish new identities for the brands. Raw will have the proven stars and veterans, while SD gets guys who are ready to go to the next level. This is probably the best way to do it because mixing guys who need to move up with established stars doesn't usually work (not necessarily due to politics, but simply because the current draws get more tv time).

I'm actually begging them for an excuse to abandon Raw. Swap Shelton for Carlito, JBL for Jericho and Batista for uhh...Morgan and I'd watch the Big Blue exclusively. They also should trade Christian to SD after he throws a tantrum not being drafted.

Danny Bashem to RAW.

Doug remains on Smackdown! to feud with the cabinet.

I also think we will see some trades in the last week. Like say, if Edge went over he could demand Teddy Long trade someone for his new wife Lita. Or maybe, Bischoff trades Eugene to get rid of him. Something minor that you could even have happen on Velocity or Heat.

Actually, they really should have had Velocity and Heat having a draft pick each too. Jindrak to Heat, Hurricane to Velocity. OJ to Heat, Tajiri to Velocity. Just make Velocity all cruserweights and Heat all Hoss.

You'll probrably be able to tell how prestigious the pick is by how much they push the pick tonight. If you don't hardly hear about the pick up until they are revealed, it will be a lower-mid carder.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Haas go over to Raw to start up a summer long feud with Shelton over the IC title. Hopefully some heated matchups for the ol' IC will help give it a little more prestige. Then the winner of that feud or person who is hopefully elevated the most can graduate to a natural feud with Kurt Angle.

To RAW:

The Big Show

Booker T (LOL)

and JBL

To Smackdown:

Jericho or Michaels

Kane

and Batista (He'll be last and he'll have the title because I don't see HHH going back to SD ever again)

Here's my question though, if both Edge and Batista were to be drafted to SD, wouldn't Edge's MITB title shot still be valid?

To RAW:

The Big Show

Booker T (LOL)

and JBL

To Smackdown:

Jericho or Michaels

Kane

and Batista (He'll be last and he'll have the title because I don't see HHH going back to SD ever again)

Here's my question though, if both Edge and Batista were to be drafted to SD, wouldn't Edge's MITB title shot still be valid?

Edge isn't going to SD.

Guest nokia

from pwinsider.com SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS !!

This could be a red herring, but there is a rumor floating around at Raw that the company needs to get John Cena picked up from the airport later today as he flies back from England, where he was on the Smackdown UK tour, for tonight's show. The story making the rounds is that WWE also has to pick up the man scheduled to be the next draft pick on the same flight

The rumored draft pick is none other than The Big Show. Again, at this point it's only a rumor, but we felt we would share it with you

I don't know about ALL the picks...but I have a very good feeling about this:

Eugene will be drafted to Smackdown to team with Heidenreich in his feud with MNM.