TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Guest Fishyswa

The worst thing about our defense is the lack of full blown effort, we get it a couple times from Jeter, other than that our outfielders are too worried about shoulders and knee's to dive.

And wouldn't that fall under depth Al? Talent suggests they couldn't do it at there best, that they just don't have what it takes. The Yankee's at their best can't be any worse than a top 3 team.

Guest Brian
The worst thing about our defense is the lack of full blown effort, we get it a couple times from Jeter, other than that our outfielders are too worried about shoulders and knee's to dive.

And wouldn't that fall under depth Al? Talent suggests they couldn't do it at there best, that they just don't have what it takes. The Yankee's at their best can't be any worse than a top 3 team.

That's where they are right now. Top three.

Carlos Zambrano got absolutely rocked, giving up eight in the second inning (which he didn't even get out of). Worst part was that had he gotten the bottom third down, he wouldn't have faced the guys who really did the damage. Giving up a two-run double to a guy batting .067 won't help your confidence, though.

I thought you didn't like the Wildcard.

Or is that just Al?

I think you may be thinking of Al, although I'm sure I've said some ill things about it in the past. If it's the only way you can get into the postseason, then so be it. It's worked the last three seasons.

Which, of course, is completely moronic.

Sox with a good comeback to get within one game of the O's. Pretty good series coming up against the Phils this weekend. I assume Leiber's pitching?

Yay Brewers :)

Carlos Lee hits 2 homers and Doug Davis gets his 9th win.

Why cant they just play like tonight with a little consistency???

Yay Brewers :)

Carlos Lee hits 2 homers and Doug Davis gets his 9th win.

Why cant they just play like tonight with a little consistency???

Because eight-run innings are few and far between. Outside of the Carlos Lee solo shot in the 7th, the Brewers were shut down by the Cub pen. Not to take anything away from what was a disasterous inning by Zambrano, but the nine runs look a bit less impressive when eight came in one inning. He didn't have good stuff tonight, but he caught some bad breaks (the double from Davis was a jam shot grounder that just snuck past Lee and the two-run single from Clark, I believe it was, blooped into rightfield). All of them counted, though, and that's all that matters, but they've got some offensive issues right now. Carlos Lee's having a monster season, but no one's giving him props.

With all that talent and defense talk, hopefully a trade for Mark Kotsay goes through.

Gammons says Beane wants both Duncan and Hughes. Duncan isn't really an issue with A-Rod and Giambi here forever, but Hughes is somebody we cannot trade.

The defense is absolutely terrible. Derek Jeter is not a good defensive shortstop, no matter what the New York media says. The Yankees lack any player with the depth to cover center field, Tony Womack is barely adequate in left field, and there is not one outstanding defensive player on the field (maybe Tino, but he's aging as well).

And yes, I fully believe the Yankees lack the talent. Again, you look at players like Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter and think they will win because they have stars. But their bench is one of the worst in baseball, they only have three relievers pitching with any kind of effectiveness, and they are playing THE WORST LEFT FIELDER IN BASEBALL HISTORY.

You look at the Yankees' roster and tell me where the improvement is coming from that will make them a good team. The truth is, players start to decline after age 30. Coming into this season, they had not one player in the upswing of his career. Now they have Robinson Cano, who's walked six times in 158 at bats, and Chien-Ming Wang, who sports a gaudy 3.5 K/9 ratio.

The problem with the Yankees is that George Steinbrenner does not know how to build a winning team. The Yankees along with their stars are playing bad, bad players every day. Tony Womack, Robinson Cano, Tino Martinez, Jason Giambi, Bernie Williams. All are below average, and four out of the five play every day. The Yankees also have just three starters getting the job done. They still pitch two others every five days. And when the starters last less than seven innings, they get bad relievers as well.

Al's Minor League Baseball Odyssey continues tonight in Augusta, New Jersey for a game between the New Jersey Cardinals and the Williamsport Crosscutters of the Single A New York-Penn League.

We'll see..

When Wright is holding up his World Series MVP trophy in October, giving his victory speech.

Jaret Wright's mom: JARET KEEP IT DOWN, I'M TRYING TO WATCH MY STORIES!!

Jaret Wright: Sorry mom, just playing video games!

WEEI and a San Fran radio station says the Sox and Giants are disscusing a deal for Jason Schmit. Seeing as hes back on track, if this DID happen, Yankees and Os can wish the division goodbye.

WEEI and a San Fran radio station says the Sox and Giants are disscusing a deal for Jason Schmit. Seeing as hes back on track, if this DID happen, Yankees and Os can wish the division goodbye.

I really hope that they don't give up TOO much in this deal (I assume the Shoppach is probably involved, which is fine), because honestly, their starting pitching really isn't that bad. Clement is probably #4 in the AL Cy Young race (behind Halliday, Garland and Buehrle). Wells is up and down, but the offense has the ability to bail him out and I have faith in him come October and I'm happy about Wake, Miller and Arroyo at the end of the rotation. And Schilling's coming back in a few weeks.

Don't get me wrong, I'll jump up and down if they nab Schmidt, but they really need more help in the BULLPEN than the rotation.

Foulke has become drastically better over the past month.

Mantei cant stop walking people but has signs oof brilliance sometimes.

Halama is nothing more than a garbage time long reliever.

Embree is complete garbage.

Timlin is an All-Star this year.

The won't get Schmidt, and they don't REALLY need him. If they have to give up Hanley AND Arroyo(who is out-performing Schmidt) that's a terrible deal for the long term. That's the rumored deal at least.

Everyone seems to think the Sox are all about trading away TOP Prospect Hanley Ramirez just because they have Renteria signed for the next 3 years after this year. Hanley is only 21 and still in AA for a reason. He may jump to AAA next year at best if he can show that he has matured and stays healthy for a change. Then MAYBE he's finally ready to play in the majors in 2007. If that is the case why can't the Sox use him off the bench for a year then replace Renteria with him in 2008? Trading Renteria of course. Seems like a much better future in my eyes as a Sox fan since this Ramirez kid seems to be a 5-tool player. Those kind of players don't come around all too often and especially at SS.

Even the Sox organization knows he isn't close to being ready for major league experience yet, and they showed that by promoting Dustin Pedroia(2B) to AAA the other day. Hanley is obviously a much more talented player than Pedroia but Pedroia has shown something more that makes the Sox look at him being closer to the majors right now. Of course the fact they have a strikeout king crap 2B right now doesn't help either.

I just don't think they will trade Ramirez and they won't get Schmidt. They will most likely deal for bullpen help and that's it.

I'm still a little weary about Foulke. There was some solid contact by Indians hitters, including that bomb that went foul.

Great Brewers-Cubs game today...tenacious win by Beerwaukee.

Carlos Lee hit another 2 run homer and had a great game-winning catch...still prolly wont start the 'All Star' game though. ;)

I have to continue my love for Aaron Hill. Another 2 hits tonight plus a spectacular catch in the field. I really hope he gets some consideration for American League ROTY. Oh, and it's 5-1 Jays :)