TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

So who does Cena face at Summerslam?

Angle doesn't really work because he just had a mini-feud with Cena on Smackdown, and creating new matchups was sort of the whole point of the draft.

Jericho was just involved in a three-way with him on a minor PPV and there's no way that match is going to main event Summerslam.

Edge still has the MITB shot, but he just lost to Kane, and even worse, appears to still be feuding with him.

Basically, I'm trying to think of some main event for Summerslam besides Cena vs. the guy who just lost to Batista three times, but I really can't do it. Can someone help me out here?

My HHHate tells me that the only reason HHH jobbed 3 times in a row to Batista was in turn to defeat Cena at Summerslam.

Aside from Triple H, who else is there? All I can think of is Jericho.

My HHHate tells me that the only reason HHH jobbed 3 times in a row to Batista was in turn to defeat Cena at Summerslam.

Aside from Triple H, who else is there? All I can think of is Jericho.

I'd say Cena vs. Triple H is pretty safe bet, unless you really think they're patient enough to wait until WM22 for these two to face off.

Or else they got two months to turn Edge into a main eventer. I can't see them giving Jericho another title shot at Summerslam...But...couldn't Edge use his MITB contract to get a shot a Batista at Summerslam (the next joint brand show)?

I'd put money on it just being HHH, simply because Summer Slam's a duel brand show, and I don't think they really need to eliminate the whole undercard to have HHH end up winning the title in a multi-man gimmick match anyway.

It'll be HHH, no doubt about it. Lets just take a look at Cena and what he's doing right now. He's sorta feuding with Heel Jericho, which we all know that whenever Jericho is a heel, he becomes a stepping stone for faces who will eventually go on and face HHH. Like a preview before someone goes off and feuds with HHH. He just teamed with HBK and now HBK is his "friend"....Connection to HHH? I think so. And who has a title belt that HHH hasn't held for a long time? John Cena...so yeah, HHH might just feud with Angle for the month of July and as soon as this month ends.... He'll be all over Cena. So most likely expect Cena vs HHH at Summerslam.

Guest JMA

Well, if I was booking I'd have Cena defeat Triple H early on and have him take a few months off. From there, you'd be free to do an Edge vs. Cena feud. Honestly, Triple H's character needs a long break if he wants to stay fresh.

Honestly, I don't even care if HHH is manipulating the roster politically, or what happens to Cena in the long-term or any of that shit.

What bothers me is this question:

In kayfabe, what the fuck has HHH done to earn a title shot?

He lost a one-on-one title match at Backlash, lost a one-on-one title match at Judgment Day, and lost a one-on-one title match at Vengeance.

If Cena wins, he's accomplished absolutely nothing, and if HHH wins, it just makes the WWE Title (and by extension the Raw brand), look like shit. It's basically a no-win situation, and it makes the main event for the biggest PPV of the year look dull as hell.

Cena v. Edge. Shelton Benjamin as a Heel makes no sense since he just lost two times to Carlito. HHH has lost 3 times to Batista, he has no credibility. Big Show is a Face and has already lost to Cena like 3 times. HBK doesn't want to turn Heel. Kane is a Face...he could turn Heel again but that would be weird. Might as well be Edge. People say SD! is fucked but SD! is better off then RAW IMO.

I'd put money on it just being HHH, simply because Summer Slam's a duel brand show, and I don't think they really need to eliminate the whole undercard to have HHH end up winning the title in a multi-man gimmick match anyway.

O, like they did at SummerSlam 2 years ago you mean.

What bothers me is this question:

He lost a one-on-one title match at Backlash, lost a one-on-one title match at Judgment Day, and lost a one-on-one title match at Vengeance.

If Cena wins, he's accomplished absolutely nothing, and if HHH wins, it just makes the WWE Title (and by extension the Raw brand), look like shit. It's basically a no-win situation, and it makes the main event for the biggest PPV of the year look dull as hell.

Firstly, HHH wasnt at JD. Its a SD PPV. But you know that.

Secondly, RAW is already shit. Its so full of holes it makes the Titanic with an iceberg gone throw it look safe.

Well Summerslam is more than a month away, so it could be some crazy gimmick match. Or they have another tournament since that is the theme of 2005 apparently.

Guest Fook

I can see them busting out the elimination chamber again and doing Cena vs HHH vs HBK vs Edge vs Kane vs Angle.

It's a dual brand ppv, so this will allow them to get all these guys on the show without limiting them to about 5 minutes apiece.

Exactly. This is why people complain about him dominating the show, even when he jobs. His character is in the main event even when he shouldn't be, and usually he keeps getting title shots until he wins unless he needs to 'take care of some business' first.

They need to build Angle back up to have him face Cena at Summerslam. Having that "dream match" with Ric Flair was a great start.

I'm feeling Cena vs. Edge for the WWE title as Cena's match at SummerSlam, which will probably be semi-disappointing. If I had a choice, we'd see Cena/Angle, or Cena/HBK in a "face vs. face/mutual respect" kinda match, but that'll never happen.

Anyone think Smackdown! might finally main event a duel brand ppv for once?

No, because HHH likes to be in the main event and HHH is on RAW. Seriously. Other than Summerslam last year (not counting Royal Rumbles or Taboo Tuesday where he was in the advertised main), when was the last time he wasn't in the main event of a RAW or Joint PPV? Judgment Day 2003?

Not really because it'll likely be Batista against either JBL or Randy Orton and neither of those will be worth a shit.

I would think it'd be Cena/Edge, the world BADLY needs a breather from HHH at this point. Sure he'll fuck over Cena eventually but for now they need to have a dominant face as champ.

Herein lies a problem with HHH: He's too important to go to the midcard and put over younger guys, but yet he's stale as shit in the main event. I don't care who it is but when a guy starts jobbing left and right it kills the significance of the job. As already pointed out, if Cena beats HHH...so what? He's just doing what Batista already did. If he jobs to HHH, he looks really bad because HHH has been jobbing to Batista.

Guest Coffey

I'm guessing it'll randomly be an Elimination Chamber.

John Cena Vs. Triple H Vs. Shawn Michaels Vs. Edge Vs. Kane Vs. Kurt Angle.

I'm guessing that'd leave something like Chris Jericho Vs. The Big Show?

HHH doesn't need to job, he just needs to go down the card and not make as many appearances. Sort of like Shawn Michaels. Nobody takes HBK seriously as a main event player, but he serves his role lower down doing high level matches against Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho and the like. And isn't because Shawn jobs all the time either, it is how he is positioned on the card. Kurt Angle is much the same way. He drops down all the time in between his main event runs.

HHH isn't the top guy because he's invincible. He's the top guy because the shows are always built around him and he gets more screentime then anybody else. JBL has been in every Smackdown main event for a year, but he doesn't dominate the show week after week. Smackdown is built as much around his opponents as it is him and the lower carders get time to shine.

Well Summerslam is more than a month away, so it could be some crazy gimmick match. Or they have another tournament since that is the theme of 2005 apparently.

Exactly. How many freaken tourneys have we had this blasted year? Were only half way through to.

I can see them busting out the elimination chamber again and doing Cena vs HHH vs HBK vs Edge vs Kane vs Angle.

It's a dual brand ppv, so this will allow them to get all these guys on the show without limiting them to about 5 minutes apiece.

I think thats your best bet. Make the EC a overused crap gimmick. Its HHH's kind of 2nd match btw.

Exactly. This is why people complain about him dominating the show, even when he jobs. His character is in the main event even when he shouldn't be, and usually he keeps getting title shots until he wins unless he needs to 'take care of some business' first.

Hes cancer and hes ruining the business. He should be (a) shifted to the back office, (b) forced to take a leave of abscence, © be injured, (d) be suspended, (e) . . . as long as hes off TV its ok with me.

I dont mind him staying on RAW, but hes got to learn to live without the belt and in the last match of the night. I didnt mind him beatin Eugene at SS, cause it made sense. But squashing the midcard makes no sense whatsoever. No matter how much Eugene, Hasan et al suck, feeding them to HHH, UT or Austin on the basis that they suck, just kills your show. You amplify wrestlers strengths, not make them look like dog crap.

Actually, I'd say JBL is as bad as HHH as far as staleness goes. The last WWE PPV that didn't have JBL or HHH wrestling for a world title was No Way Out in 2004.

That's so long ago that Brock Lesnar was still the WWE champion.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite

In kayfabe, Triple H challenged Batista and Batista accepted. When a champion loses, they automatically get a rematch (at least, that rule applies when WWE wants it for a storyline), which was at Backlash. Triple H challenged Batista to the HIAC and Batista accepted. Simple as that.

... and when was HHH at Judgment Day? :huh: I know he's all over Raw but main-eventing SmackDown's PPV would be a bit extreme, even for him

Guest stylz

SD! will be main eventing SummerSlam this year....it's in DC, Big Dave's hometown.

J