TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Although I'm more than happy with MVP, I was looking forward to a new Nintendo baseball sim.  Hopefully, they will release it next season.

Also, did anyone else notice that 2K Sports released a new version of their shitty baseball game? (and this is coming from a 2K devotee)  It's called MLB 2K5: World Series Edition.

1. Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball is listed on IGN as still going on. Blockbuster has it listed as a new release. I'm going to check later to see if it is actually there.

2. MVP 2005 is the last game. Starting next year MVP will be changed into a minor league baseball game. That "shitty" Sega MLB game will be the exclusive franchise for MLB.

seriously sega gets exclusive baseball? hmmmm will they still have the ESPN liscense? 2k5 isnt that bad but it has a lot of bugs that need to be fixed. (infact Im still playing my season as I was so far behind, Im only in the first week of september with my Yanks season and the real team has already been eliminated from postseason, oh well I'll just get frustration out then- my season team is currently 141-4!)

Although I'm more than happy with MVP, I was looking forward to a new Nintendo baseball sim.  Hopefully, they will release it next season.

Also, did anyone else notice that 2K Sports released a new version of their shitty baseball game? (and this is coming from a 2K devotee)  It's called MLB 2K5: World Series Edition.

1. Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball is listed on IGN as still going on. Blockbuster has it listed as a new release. I'm going to check later to see if it is actually there.

2. MVP 2005 is the last game. Starting next year MVP will be changed into a minor league baseball game. That "shitty" Sega MLB game will be the exclusive franchise for MLB.

Next year we'll see MVP college baseball, which could be fun

Next year we'll see MVP college baseball, which could be fun

SC2 wasn't exactly earth shattering either, if you're just talking innovation.  From what I've read it seems like there's going to be more gameplay differences (for better or worse) between SC2 and SC3 than between SC and SC2.

The time between releases isn't really all that short, either.  Arcade SC2 came out in Summer 2002.  It's been more than three years.

I had the home versions in mind with that statement, but ok, I'll take your word for it. I was really just going off the notion that it could be rushed with 'only' two years between home releases.

I wouldn't know about arcade releases, since they don't exist here beyond a couple out of the way places. Plus my time with SC was brief and it's been a few years, and unless it's drastic, I don't typically notice gameplay changes anyway.

Yeah the music isn't epic enough in the intro.

Why isn't there just a regular arcade mode? I dont want to do this one round story crap all the time.

Guest ABOBO

I've noticed that I enjoy this folder more without Flik than I did when Flik was here. I also just finished beating Strider 2 with one life.

He ran away to New Millennium Blues after he was insulted on the board and took it the wrong way, or something, though he was probably sick of TSM before that.

I was thinking about this while in the Taito Legends thread, but I miss the light gun. Yeah, it's still around, but the genre seems pretty much dead. Is it the lack of quality games to the point where developers mostly figured it a lost cause? Is it the over reaction to violence? It was interactivity at its finest before the current trend with the Eye Toy, Revolution controller and those stand alone devices toy companies seem to be bringing out now. I'm surprised it hasn't seen a resurgence in the past few years.

He ran away to New Millennium Blues after he was insulted on the board and took it the wrong way, or something, though he was probably sick of TSM before that.

I think MikeSC's, likewise, been confining himself to the Pit. Considering he hasn't posted very much in a while and hasn't responded to the G4 console thread.

I kinda miss Flik, though.

I'm probably going to get fired if I keep posting into that Top 10 Consoles game from work anymore.

And yeah, Flik's at NMB, though he hasn't been around as much as he was here. I wish I could transplant that whole consoles thread over to NMB - moderating and pushing the gaming folder there has been an uphill battle.

As contentious as the top 10 console thread is, I'm really surprised to see that it's actually good discussion, with only one real illogical fanboy. You don't get much "OMG PS3 is going to pwn fagbox360 and Nintendo retardolution" that you see so much on other sites. Before the fucking systems have even been released.

Guest T®ITEC
Fatal Frame III is coming out in... like, two weeks. I'm both thrilled and terrified, as it's supposed to be the scariest one yet. Moreso than the first game, even, and that idea is just horrible to me. I'm going to cry and find a ghost woman under my desk soon.

That seems like a good thread too... but I skipped it because of the TechTV or G4 or whatever the network is called (I don't get it) stigma of the title and didn't get into it when it started, and now it's exploded within 3 days to the point catching up and commenting will require a lot. I did catch spman's disagreable comments early on about the N64 only having 5 good games and kicked him from an IRC channel in disgust, but I see Andrew picked up the ball and corrected his errors already.

Carry on.

After seeing the movie Doom I went to Wallmart and noticed Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil was out for Xbox. When did this happen? I haven't heard ANYTHING about it in the press or online. I thought it was still months away. Anyway, this is awesome. I can't remember the last time I was surprised by a game release. I usually know when everything I want is coming out right down to it's release date. Unlike most people I actually liked Doom 3....

I can't believe Battlefront is the best selling Star Wars game ever. I have nothing against it, I haven't even played it, but I would have guessed one of the old SNES games or KOTOR.

Those SNES SW games were impossible...

I got pretty far, maybe even beat, the original. Empire Strikes Back was too hard though. I don't think I ever got past the snow levels. I never did play Jedi.

I've never understood why people say games like Devil May Cry 3 and Ninja Gaiden are too hard. Those games are nothing compared to old 8 and 16 bit games. If DMC3 was a SNES game it would be insane since there'd probably be no saving and you'd have a set number of lives.

Guest ABOBO

I totally forgot about those games. Odd thing too because they were some of my favorites back then. Some of Han's bosses were just plain mean in Empire. Think I still have Super Star Wars around here somewhere. Ah, the joys of being able to run and shoot, but never at the same time.