TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I know why I have been so fustrated with Nintendo over the years. I was thinking about this early in the morning. The ending dates are the dates when Nintendo stopped producing those consoles.

During the NES years (1985-1995), we got:

A few Donkey Kong games,

3 Super Mario games,

2 Legend of Zelda games,

6 Mega Man games (point of reference here)

1 Metroid game

During the SNES years (1991-2003), we got

3 Donkey Kong Country games,

1 Super Mario Brothers game, (didn't include Yoshi's Island)

1 Legend of Zelda game,

4 Mega Man games (7, X, X2, X3)

1 Metroid game

During the Nintendo 64 years (1997-2003), we got

1 Donkey Kong Country game

1 Super Mario game

2 Legend of Zelda games

1 Super Smash Brothers game

0 Metroid games

During the Gamecube years (2003- present), we have so far

1 Super Mario game

2 Legend of Zelda games

1 Super Smash Brothers game

2 Metroid games.

Now why does this bother me? First of all, I like Super Mario Brothers games very much. Nintendo, back in the day, would churn out sequels more often. If I want to continue the storyline, I'll have to buy their next system. Super Smash Brothers hasn't had a sequel on the Cube yet. I'm not sure if the Revolution will have one, but it is a really popular franchise. It is true that Nintendo has other franchises that they are working on; Star Fox, Pikmin, Pokemon, etc. I feel kind of robbed that Mario 128 will be on the Revolution.

Finished kotor 2 on light side, the game went from shit to boring to okay to awesome and then the game suddenly ends when you beat the final boss.

I'm a bit pissed I didn't get a cameo from Mission, Jolee or Juhani.

I've been putting it off despite my newfound Star Wars obsession because I have 1 RPG I'm 50 hours into (Tales of Symphonia) and I'm only 5 hours into Jade Empire, as well as about a dozen other games. Thus, I have convinced myself not to start new ones (although I keep buying new games, lol).

Ah, fuck it. I may open the game up anyway.

EDIT: I'll start on Thursday... I'll be bsuy all day today, so I didn't want to begin the game and then not get to keep playing if I get hooked. Between this game and PS2/DS stuff, as well as my recent return to my town of Cockasia in Animal Crossing and the Madden league, my girlfriend is going to hate me.

Edited by Matt Young

American Release of Advent Children Delayed

Electronic Gaming Monthly Magazine has reported that the American release of the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children movie has been delayed from September 13th until this winter. The movie will still be released in Japan on September 13th. The American release of the movie will be available in UMD format and special edition double disc DVD format. Unfortunately, the American 2-disc DVD set will include trailers, behind-the-scenes clips and other features, but will not include the "Last Order: Final Fantasy VII" anime OAV included in the Japanese limited edition DVD set.

Don't worry though, Squeenix fans--DRAKENGARD II still is supposed to make it in the US this year. :P

Guest T®ITEC
KotOR is greater than any girlfriend. Uh, well not actually, but Bastila is a delightful young lady. Or Juhani, if you're like that.

The first kotor game is mad fun once you pass the first planet. Get your ass on that game as soon as you can.

I dunno, everything about Manaan bored me to tears (that's the name of the planet right? the all water one?) Especially the parts where you're manuevering around in the diving suit and you move soooooooooo sloooooooooow....

Guest T®ITEC

Mission was the :wub: of my life, but there wasn't an actual romance subplot with her. Sadly. (?)

I thought Manaan was pretty fun. Going through the Sith base and screwing around underwater and all. Plus when you fight Calo Nord there, he says one extra line (!), and goes down instantly. Poor little bastard.

Korriban, though, was definitely the most fun out of all the planets. The tombs were something else.

If only you could make your teamates Jedi like kotor2, I would have made Mission a mainstay in my party then. Hell I even went and did her stupid brother sidequest.

How does Calo go down instantly? I fought the dude in Tatooine and he was a bitch to beat. Speaking of Korriban, in kotor 2 all the main tombs are sealed.

I think I've been playing too much kotor.

If you reveal any spoilers here for KOTOR, please use spoiler tags for me.

Also, I can't find the issue of EGM with KOTOR "Afterthoughts". It listed the best order to go through the planets. Anyone know what I'm referring to?

I haven't read it but the best order seems to be

Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Manaan, then Korriban. Some people do Kashyyyk before Tatooine but I find it easier to do Tatooine first.

Guest T®ITEC

Nord was fairly easy when I glitched out the game and had a party full of Jedi killing machines. There's no better way to play Carth, Canderous, or Mission. Otherwise, yeah, tough little punk.

It is easier to do Tatooine first, but I like just running through Kashyyyk long enough to get Jolee. Then I go back to Tat' and destroy the Sand People with much glee. But yeah.

Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Manaan, Korriban. And then... sweet sweet.

It's been so long since I played through. Talking about it is really making me want to again. Oh, the memories of being a bald Chinese guy.

yes I still have not beaten San Andreas yet as I have only palyed one mission in over amonth (the riot one). I am too busy with my MLB 2k5 season, trying to catch up to the current date as I am like 3 weeks behind from the current actual date.

Oh my God:

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/nitendogs/ind...one-week-123340

The numbers are in and people really do love Nintendogs. The DS-only puppy simulator sold about 250,000 copies in its first week, according to Nintendo. Tendo goes on to say that the game is both America’s hottest selling video game and the best-selling new game franchise ever to hit a portable system. (Both statements are based on Nintendo’s internal tracking of sales, the independent numbers won’t hit for a week or two.)

Nearly 15 percent of all DS owners bought Nintendogs in just a week, a virtually unprecedented adoption rate for any title on an established system. And it’s also helping sell new DS hardware. Coupled with a price drop to $129.99, retailers are reporting DS sales up between one and a half and three times previous levels, and last week DS comfortably outsold our portable competitors

It looks like the game is well on its way to having the same impact on the gaming market here that it did when it hit Japan. Just goes to show that gamers are hungry for games that break the mold. Let’s hope that developers and publishers are paying attention.

My Xbox magazines don't come with demo discs for sme reason, but I just played the Burnout Revenge demo on Madden for the first time. I hadn't bothered trying it at E3 since I normally hate racing games.

WOW. This shit is fucking amazing. I need to pick up Burnout 3: Takedown for $20 when I go buy my PS2 (although i'll likely get the Xbox version).

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3143353&did=1

VF5 trailer out.

Sadly, it's just a "real time" demo of what the in-game graphics should look like. Plus, it's status is still "arcade only," which probably translates to "look for the upgrade on one of the new home systems."

Looks more impressive than DoA4, though. If MS could nail it down, a home VF5 version could give the Japanese 360 a bit of a boost.

It's a prediction based on their previous games. Regular T5 is already the best 3D fighter.

I'll like T5:DR more, anyway. VF is too dry.

I'm really looking forward to SC3, now that it's coming out so soon.

That Dragonuv guy looks cool.

When does SC III come out? It's looking pretty cool and I'm not even all that into SC. Awesome how like EVERYONE is back. Even Li Long.