TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Talent Returns for New Evil

Jovovich and friends prepare for Extinction

by Paul Davidson

April 17, 2006 - The next Resident Evil film, now titled Extinction, is gearing up for production. Variety reports that the key leads for the third entry in the videogame-based horror series have been signed up.

Reporting for zombie-killing duty are Milla Jovovich as Alice, and co-star Sienna Guillory is involved again as Jill Valentine. Also returning are Mike Epps, Oded Fehr, and Iain Glen. Not all these cast announcements are surprises — after all, the series is practically built around Milla Jovovich — but it's the first firm word of Guillory's involvement in particular.

The story, as previously reported, takes place in the Nevada desert following the worldwide zombie apocalypse. Filming should get underway next month in Mexico, delayed two months from the production's original plans to shoot in Australia.

Russell Mulcahy, who directed the first two Highlander films, will be helming Resident Evil: Extinction based on a screenplay by Paul W.S. Anderson, who directed the original Resident Evil picture.

With the screenwriting talents of Paul W.S. "Michael Bay is my idol" Anderson, the acting talents of Milla "Ultraviolet" Jovavich, and the directing talent of the man who brought you Highlander 2: The Quickening, you know this is a can't-miss prospect.

I hear in this one Milla rips off Goku's head and shoves it up his ***.

FFXII got 40/40 from Famitsu, FYI. It's the fifth title to do so IIRC, along with Vagrant Story and LoZ:OoT, and some other stuff I don't remember.

That's a good sign. I likes the demo. Though I could do without another bishounen main character. He looks more like a girl than Tidus.

FFXII got 40/40 from Famitsu, FYI. It's the fifth title to do so IIRC, along with Vagrant Story and LoZ:OoT, and some other stuff I don't remember.

That's a good sign. I likes the demo. Though I could do without another bishounen main character. He looks more like a girl than Tidus.

The newer FF character designs have mostly been extremely terrible. Why does the FFXII chick seem compelled to touch her nose? Is she taking a sobriety test? And is that supposed to be a skirt around her hips?

Did anyone play the demo? When I rented DQVIII they didn't include the demo (was on a separate disc). God, DQVIII is dull. It's funny that the commercial was pushing that game on the basis that "well, Japan likes it."

http://simplyff.free.fr/FF12/artworks/artworks.php3

Does this game take place in some alternate reality where your essential organs are stored in your legs? They seem to be all about armoring those legs, but the torso? Apparently it's not so important.

I like Ashe's costume. The skirt is just way short. FF's main girls are usually some of my favorite female game characters, I think she'll be cool.

Guest NYankees

Family Guy video game is in production. You get to play as Peter, Stewie and Brian. Game looks to be cel shaded as well.

Picked up Brain Age for the Nintendo DS today. It's pretty nifty. Not a game, if you hadn't heard about it, but excerises you do daily to help keep your brain sharp; such as reading out loud and doing math problems. It came with a bunch of sodoku puzzles too, which I had never played but am enjoying immensley. Best part of all, the title is only $20.

Guest Askewniverse

Shaun Alexander will be on the cover of Madden '07. Depending on who you ask, that's not necessarily a good thing.

Family Guy video game is in production. You get to play as Peter, Stewie and Brian. Game looks to be cel shaded as well.

It's being developed by High Voltage Software....

They're to blame for the recent Leisure Suit Larry game, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Hunter: The Reckoning, and Duel Masters.

In other words, licensed crap.

I just had the most amazing finish to any match I've ever had in Revenge.

I was Kevin Nash in a 4 way against Booker T, Scott Steiner, and Goldberg. It came down to me and Goldberg at the end. Goldberg kicked out of an Avalanche Jacknife at ONE, but his spirit was really low. I ran off the ropes to lariat him but he rolled under, started stalking me for a Spear, but I turned around immediately and "Hansened" the shit out of that no selling bastard for the 3 count.

I finally caved and got a DS and was thinking about a wrestling game on it. How would you use the DS features? I'm thinking using the touch screen for reversals, finishers, and/or strikes and yelling into the microphone can help your wrestler power out of pins and submissions. Any other ideas? Or if anyone wants to reccommend a DS title that isn't one of the big games (Mario, Metroid, Tetris, etc).

Yaay the arcade got Soulcalibur II back! III should be coming any day too, either replacing the new II or seperate. I'm so happy to be able to play it again, Ringing out people with Cassie's 236B.

T5 DR + SC II/III is the best thing ever!

It looks like I'm going to be playing some RPGs for a little while.

I picked up and am enjoying a PS1 game called Koudelka...which I just found out is the first game in the Shadow Hearts series. It's an odd game with it's RPG/RE-style play mechanics, but it's very cool. However, it is very slow to play without PS2 fast loading on.

I picked up Final Fantasy Chronicles again. My battery in my CT SNES cart died out, and after a several year reprieve, I'm ready to get my Trigger on again.

Plus, I found a little game called Valkyrie Profile for the low, low price of 50 bucks at EB games. If I hate it I can always sell it.

I finally caved and got a DS and was thinking about a wrestling game on it. How would you use the DS features? I'm thinking using the touch screen for reversals, finishers, and/or strikes and yelling into the microphone can help your wrestler power out of pins and submissions. Any other ideas? Or if anyone wants to reccommend a DS title that isn't one of the big games (Mario, Metroid, Tetris, etc).

Super Princess Peach was a fun but short side scroller, but with New Super Mario Bros out in a few weeks it'd make more sense to wait for that. Kirby Canvas Curse was awesome too but also pretty short. I've heard nothing but good things about Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, but good luck finding it in stores. Trauma Center: Under the Knife also sounds interesting too but I haven't played it. I got Brain Age recently, but it's not really a game. It's only $20 though and comes with a bunch of Soduku puzzles.

Guest NYankees
It looks like I'm going to be playing some RPGs for a little while.

I picked up and am enjoying a PS1 game called Koudelka...which I just found out is the first game in the Shadow Hearts series. It's an odd game with it's RPG/RE-style play mechanics, but it's very cool. However, it is very slow to play without PS2 fast loading on.

I picked up Final Fantasy Chronicles again. My battery in my CT SNES cart died out, and after a several year reprieve, I'm ready to get my Trigger on again.

Plus, I found a little game called Valkyrie Profile for the low, low price of 50 bucks at EB games. If I hate it I can always sell it.

You can never go wrong with Chrono Trigger. I wish square would make another sequel. It's been 6 years since Chrono Cross.

I remember VP getting great reviews back in 99 or 2000 when it came out.

Since you didn't say Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, get that.

So I beat Tomb Raider tonight. Its only 9 levels long but its a blast. The story is really well told and the secret stuff is pretty challanging to find. But its a good game and I recommand it, rent it.

Yeah, getting all the gold stuff is tricky. Bronze? Laying out in the open. Silver? Takes some doing. Gold? Some of them look like they'll be kind of cruel.

The way you get the gold one in the first level is really tricky. I've never have guessed that without looking at a FAQ on it, although I'm going to try to uncover it myself for the rest of the levels... :P

The demo was terrible. Although I only played one of the 2 levels you could choose from, so maybe its better than the one I did play. I'll still try the full version though.

Yeah, there is a pretty big difference in gameplay between the two levels - one is a complete "real time" battle system with no pausing, the other is the "wait" system, which allows you to pause the action and issue commands, which are resolved in real-time (think Baldur's Gate for the PC).

The latter is an interesting shift for the series and actually makes for some decent gameplay. The former is like an MMORPG without the MMO, which has all the appeal of beer without the alcohol. Which level did you play - the beach or the castle?

You know, the commentary for the Slam Dunk contest in NBA Live is probably the best I've heard for a sports game. It sounds really natural, aside from a few very minor hiccups, and Kenny Smith and Ernie Johnson are actually pretty funny. I wish other games could get commentary like this. "That rim's funky!"

Wish I could say the same for MVP Baseball. Duane Kiper is alright, but Mike Krukow can just go to hell. "THAT breaking ball was UUUUUGGLYYYY"

GOD that is annoying.

Valkyrie Profile aka Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth is confirmed for a US release date on PSP. Sadly, Suikoden I+II is not and Konami has no plans to.

So, if you never got to play it on PS1 (so far, pretty damn good, IMO), you can always buy a new handheld and experience it with annoyingly long load times. :)