TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I do agree with that, but apparently swearing is what his character does.

"Why do you have to bust these ghosts? What did they ever do to you? Because busting makes you feel good? Selfish bastards, let the ghosts die in peace" (or something similar) had me doing some good laughing.

it's not the swearing...it's the pairing of the words bull and fuck.

the best, as mentioned before, is when he's totally astonished how he can land in Top Gun using the Power Glove, but not a regular controller.

Speaking of AVGN, he has a new video up on the Sega CD, which it up at gametrailers.com.

Sega. An Attachment. FMV games. It writes itself.

I'll have to finish The List sometime soon...

Incidentally, AVGN and the like...I've pretty much seen them all, the best and worst.

Check out a few of the better ones:

http://www.goldenmediastudios.com/index.ph...tent&pid=28 (highly recommended: Superman 64)

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/games/ (highly recommended: The Thing)

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=UrinatingTree (highly recommended: Moonwalker, T2, Batman Forever)

I just find the Angry _ Nerd to be less funny than Tom Green, that's all. I get more of a laugh out of an average episode of "NOW with Bill Moyers" (one of the driest news shows on the planet) than all of Angry _ Nerd's videos combined. I guess don't find dumb nerds randomly swearing all that funny. He'd be so much more watchable when he's not playing a character, because his character makes me want to punch my monitor because he's do damn annoying.

EDIT: It doesn't help that he has a large following of sheep that agrees with everything he says. TMNT being a bad game? That's a laugh. Next, he'll probably say the first MegaMan game sucks because that game is unfairly balanced, even worse than than the NES TMNT game.

AlexPuma, the day you post something on here that is as funny as The Angry Video Game Nerd's review of "Bible Games", you can make statements like that.

TMNT 1 did suck ass. Watch his review to find out why. It's not fun to play, it's not for kids, it's not for anyone. No fun bosses, just a rushed, crappy game.

AlexPuma, the day you post something on here that is as funny as The Angry Video Game Nerd's review of "Bible Games", you can make statements like that.

That's the worst argument to make. So he didn't like something, who cares? I didn't like Angry Nerd's stuff either. It's comedy, some people will like it and some won't. Deal.

TMNT 1 did suck ass. Watch his review to find out why. It's not fun to play, it's not for kids, it's not for anyone. No fun bosses, just a rushed, crappy game.

UseTheSledgehammerUh, the day you make a video game that's as good as TMNT 1 for the NES, you can make statements like that.

Just so we're clear, we have a few people who get frothingly offended over something that they didn't think was funny, so they make sure to rant about that every time the opportunity presents itself?

EDIT: Right, we're on the internet. Of course. Carry on.

UseTheSledgehammerUh, the day you make a video game that's as good as TMNT 1 for the NES, you can make statements like t hat.

This statement is flat out stupid, and you should know better LPM.

Guest Smues

Oh for fuck's sake. You don't have to make video games to complain about them.

Just so we're clear, we have a few people who get frothingly offended over something that they didn't think was funny, so they make sure to rant about that every time the opportunity presents itself?

UseTheSledgehammerUh, the day you make a video game that's as good as TMNT 1 for the NES, you can make statements like t hat.

This statement is flat out stupid, and you should know better LPM.

It wasn't serious. I was saying his reason for trashing Alex was stupid ("Alex hasn't posted anything as funny as Angry Nerd, so he can't say Angry Nerd sucks"). Then I illustrated that by using the same line about what Sledge said about TMNT.

The first TMNT game for Nintendo was fucking great...it was just hard as hell, but it was still fucking great.

It wasn't serious. I was saying his reason for trashing Alex was stupid ("Alex hasn't posted anything as funny as Angry Nerd, so he can't say Angry Nerd sucks"). Then I illustrated that by using the same line about what Sledge said about TMNT.

Sledge didn't say that. He seemed to be questioning Alex's authority on humor. I'm not going to touch that.

However, to compare the deservedly-maligned TMNT to Mega Man seems like he hasn't so much not gotten the joke than he has never heard of the concept of humor itself.

Yes, I'm sure he'll be bashing one of the most beloved games in one of the most-enjoyed franchises in history because he picked on that *classic* TMNT. Sounds logical. Mega Man 6, perhaps.

Although, I think AVGN seriously needs to send up one of most frustratingly-designed (good) NES games around--Battletoads.

the TMNT arcade game totally blows away any other TMNT game, even still to this day.

Having played the arcade game recently on XBLA arcade, I say "hell no" and "Turtles in Time" in response.

no way, Turtles in Time strays too far away from the cartoon. I'm old, Drew, I'm all about nostalgia.

Why?

TiT had Baxter Stockman, the Rat King, Metalhead, Bebop and Rocksteady, Leatherhead as bosses plus Krang and (Super) Shredder.

EDIT: Plus Toka, Razzor, and Slash. Damn, forgot how many levels/bosses there were in that game.

Compared to...B&R, the expected Krang and Shredder...and...um...rock guy? Lame.

Gamefaqs:

7-Differences Between Home/Arcade Versions

Well there are many differences between the SNES version of "Turtles In Time"

and the Arcade version of the game. I didn't even realize how many differences

there were until I replayed the Arcade game after 4 years of not playing it.

Well let's get started-

1.Many of the bosses are either completely different or not in a version at

all such as:

-In the arcade there is no Slash, Super Shredder, Shredder in Machine, Rat

King, Beebop or Rocksteady.

-Infact stage 3 isn't a bonus stage at all in the Arcade version but you don't

really fight a boss there. In the SNES version it IS a bonus stage and you

DO fight a boss. (weird eh?)

-Also stage 7 is a bonus stage in the SNES version, w/less enemies. You fight

Super Krang in both games though.

-On the SNES version there's no Cement man (no loss there Slash is much

cooler).

I hadn't played too much of arcade TiT, while I've played through SNES TiT tons of times, so I forgot the diffs.

So...SNES TiT FTW.

Nintendo should have put THAT on VC.

I can go with the SNES version being better than the arcade version...but man, one of my all time favorite arcade moments was the ONE time, and one time only, I along with 3 other people played the first TMNT all the way through.

I'm sure we've all glossed over this once before, but I really miss those old multiplayer Konami beat em ups. X-Men, TMNT 1 and 2, Sunset Riders, Simpsons...fun times!

Yeah. Honestly the only thing that excites me slightly about the Simpsons movie is the possibility of the arcade game hitting XBLA.

Konami in the early/mid 90s had a habit of making terrific original games and sequels, but even their licensed games were often classics in their own right.

For instance, Batman: TAS for SNES. My fave Batman game ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lUYIOqGZ_8...ted&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtn7HyyTWVY...ted&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioHS-Jy1NU8

(Not to be confused with the Genesis version by Sega/Clockwork Tortoise, which was a technically AMAZING title for the system...but as a game it was a massively annoying pile of suck.

EDIT: Oh, but yeah---Joker is a annoyingly long fight.

And....ARGH, I HATE Trouble in Transit!! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMlwjt_2vtw...ted&search=

Really annoying Spyhunter-ish stage...which Ubisoft ripped off for Batman Vengeance on GBA.

I do tend to have odd taste in video games in general. I like some games that nobody else would enjoy (Fighter's Destiny, anybody?). As for the Turtles games I played, it goes like this for me:

TMNT (NES) > TMNT: 3 The Manhattan Project >> TMNT 4: Turtles in Time >>> TMNT 2: The Arcade Game

Reasonings? TMNT is unique enough game and is just my personal favorite. TMNT 3 seems to be the longest of the Konami beat-em-ups, and introduced special character-specific attacks. TMNT 4 was too easy. And TMNT 2 just felt too generic for my tastes, but still a great game.

Now, as far as the source material goes, all opinion of course, nostalgia aside:

Mirage Comics >> Movies 1 & 2 > current running cartoon >>> 1980's cartoon >>>>> Archie Comics >> Movie 3 >>> that live action show with Venus in it

However, Usagi Yojimbo > all.