TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Guest Smues

Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage was quite the awesome game. I probably rented it a dozen times.

Populous was originally a pc game, and probably works better using a mouse/keyboard than the SNES controller.

I thought it worked pretty well, all things considered. I still think it's a fun game to pick up and play.

I forgot about Populous. Never played the SNES version though, probably why I didn't mention it. I would love it if Peter Molyneux would work on a new Populous instead of hyping Fable 2 to be a bigger flop than the first Fable was. Molyneux should just make God games like Populous and Black & White, leaving the RPG genre for people who are actually good at it.

Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage was quite the awesome game. I probably rented it a dozen times.

Never beat that fucking game.

Most of those Cartoon games kicked my ass, but probably because the levels were SO fucking long, and just annoying. I never beat the Tick, mostly because that took forever. I fought Chairface in front of a big cake so maybe that was the end or maybe not, who knows. I didn't beat Rockos Modern life, but I am assuming that would have been pretty easy. I just got bored. And I liked the game, it just got boring. There are some more I was thinking of when read the post but can't remember them right now...um....Roadrunner. Fuck that coyote. Seriously.

The Tick wasn't very good either, so don't sweat it.

Tiny Toons had really good games on Genesis (Buster's Hidden Treasure), NES (Just called Tiny Toon Adventures IIRC), and SNES (Buster Busts Loose). Thanks to Konami, unsurprisingly.

The Rocko game was an interesting title to be sure. It was a puzzle game where you had to keep that idiot dog Spunky from getting killed.

As for Roadrunner/Wile E., I didn't think Death Valley Rally was any good at all. Desert Demolition was pretty damn good, though.

The Tick wasn't very good either, so don't sweat it.

Tiny Toons had really good games on Genesis (Buster's Hidden Treasure), NES (Just called Tiny Toon Adventures IIRC), and SNES (Buster Busts Loose). Thanks to Konami, unsurprisingly.

The Rocko game was an interesting title to be sure. It was a puzzle game where you had to keep that idiot dog Spunky from getting killed.

As for Roadrunner/Wile E., I didn't think Death Valley Rally was any good at all. Desert Demolition was pretty damn good, though.

The Roadrunner game I was talking about was the arcade game where you had to run from the coyote while picking up the birdseed to keep up speed. then they had that stupid maze section in the second part and...I just hated this game.

The Rocko game was pretty cool. Stepping on those platforms and jumping off when Spunky got on to lanch him in the air over the trouble ahead. Pretty cool. Sadly I only rented it and had to take it back.

Are Drew and GQ done fighting? Good.

I went to this store while out of town this past weekend. It was pretty cool, I almost bought WCW vs The World and WCW Thunder for $5 just for laughs, but ended up buying two packages of those Nintendo stickers / cards instead. Awesome nostalgia. Almost bought a SNES but decided "why?" and moved on... but maybe another time. They also give $65 for old model DSs; a friend I was with traded his in and upgraded to a DS Lite but I didn't see why I needed to and said the backlighting was fine. About 90 minutes later I was having a hell of a time playing Castlevania: DoS (picked up the last copy of the re-release that an EB in Buffalo had) on the drive home in the car with the sun out - more backlighting might have solved that problem <_<

On the note about going to an American EB, I was happy that not once did the people at the counter ask me about used games, pre-ordering, trade-ins, etc.

DrVenkman, I will set you up with an emulator if you want to play some SNES. No need to waste money on buying an old SNES plus games. Unless you take a hardline against emulators/ROMs like you do with piracy :( :(

Well I allaegedly have every SNES rom on my computer, but I don't like using the keyboard / computer controllers and sitting at my computer to play games. I also find some emulation issues I don't like. Ditto for DreamSNES - yeah, I COULD play the SNES games with a console controller and a TV via a Dreamcast, but any version of the disc I've used has been attrociously emulated - massive slowdown, poor menus, etc.

Plus I'm one of those nerds that is more interested in owning something and rarely using it than owning nothing but having the ability to play it.

Yeah we could Shinj, but that would be emulating an arcade game on MAME, right? That's fun. Some of the #wdb folks did that a few years ago with Wrestlefest but Derek (bright guy that we know him to be) kept inserting coins and wouldn't sell his defeat, infuriating Chin.

It certainly would be. We should do some MAME sometime, assuming we can actually get the same client (as it doesn't work otherwise and there is apparently 28 versions floating around).

Whoever thought it was a good idea to play with Derek should probably have been drawn and quartered, followed by their quarters being tarred and feathered.

It was Chin's idea, he seems to be off and on with the "trusting Derek to not be retarded" thing. We should track down mkart64 and soundly defeat him at something.

Square's already remade and ported Final Fantasy I and II more times than anyone cares to keep count of anymore, and put into motion GBA ports of the fine-and-dandy SNES FFs. Final Fantasy 3 (the Japanese game) was the first to get a complete, ground up revamp into a 3D engine.

Until now:

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/05/08/the-ff3...ake-on-the-way/

Oh, and PSP is getting something called "Final Fantasy Dissidia" and the Final Fantasy XII RevWings director wants to make a RevWings sequel.

Prepare to be Final Fantasyed UP THE ASS for the foreseeable future, Square fans.

I hate Squenix nowdays and dislike jRPGs in general, but that FFIV remake looks like something I'd pick up. Especially since I haven't had a chance to check out the GBA port.

Seriously though, I'm not even a rabid fanboy or anything like that. I'd be marking over any other announcement of the like. Like say, Super Mario All-Stars, with World and Yoshi's Island with 2 1/2d graphics? I'm there. Zelda I & II done in 3-D? That'll rule. The first 3 Sonic games done in Sonic Rush style? I'm in heaven. Of course, they'd have to add a ton of features other than graphics to make it worthwhile, like MegaMan: Powered Up where Roll, ProtoMan, and even the Robot Masters were playable.

Speaking of MegaMan: Powered Up, is that game any good? I don't want to waste money on a PSP just to try it.

FFIV is archaic/not good, so whatever. Unless they redo the battle system, not much is going to change. I guess it's just a cheap way for them to make money instead of doing what people really want, ie. a FFVII remake on a next-gen system. And personally, I want a FFVI and FFVII remake, and a sequel to FFT on a real system, but that's not likely given all the manpower that is being used to make the twelve different FFXIII games.

I would be happy just to see the original Zelda look like Zelda III. They could release it as a VC exclusive.

I'm surprised they haven't done it...but yeah, I'd buy it. However, Zelda 2 needs the remake more. If Nintendo fixed up its gameplay issues, pared the difficulty down, redid the graphics and remixed the soundtrack they'd have a vastly more appealing product.

Speaking of MegaMan: Powered Up, is that game any good? I don't want to waste money on a PSP just to try it.

It has new bosses, the ability to play as the bosses, "Challenge Mode," a level editor, etc. I bought the game though I don't have a PSP (yet). :)

I guess it's just a cheap way for them to make money instead of doing what people really want, ie. a FFVII remake on a next-gen system. And personally, I want a FFVI and FFVII remake, and a sequel to FFT on a real system, but that's not likely given all the manpower that is being used to make the twelve different FFXIII games.

I suspect we'll get a PSP FFVII release first before a full blown remake.

...90% of Square Enix's currently announced output has the Final Fantasy name attached and that at the moment more than a dozen FF games are pending release in the US and Japan! Let us enumerate.

Final Fantasy Anniversary

Final Fantasy II Anniversary

Final Fantasy IV DS

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core

Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings

Final Fantasy XII International Edition (mebbe, could be a rumor -- but probably not)

Final Fantasy Dissidia

Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War

Final Fantasy Tactics A-2

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: The Ring Bearers

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: that other one

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII Agito

Final Fantasy XIII Versus

Final Fantasy XIII Haerisis

And who knows, I'm probably forgetting one in there.

Meanwhile, there's also:

Heroes of Mana

Dawn of Mana

Dragon Quest Swords

Dragon Quest IX

It's a Wonderful World

Yeah, FF4 with a revamped battle system with the enhanced graphics would be great, so I can finally see what the heck the characters are supposed to look like instead of seeing the tiny sprites or the gaudy Amano artwork. While I like the Amano art, it just doesn't work for making your characters look like marketable characters. I'm mostly excited for the FF4 remake so that in hopes that FF6 gets the same treatment as well. Or perhaps Chrono Trigger, since that game seems to have the most rabid fanboys for a game that doesn't have the name Final Fantasy added onto it.

A Final Fantasy 7 remake? Seriously, didn't all the sequels and prequels and parallelquels and the obvious whoring of the franchise prove that Square should leave that game alone for at least a few years? I'm still waiting for a Yuffie/Red XIII side game, as those are the only two characters I even care about in the entire FF7 universe. That, and Jenova, but it seems Squenix is dead set on making it seem that Sephiroth is the main baddy who was in charge all along and wasn't simply doing Jenova's bidding, like it was implied in the original game.

I've heard of the Japan only version of Zelda BS, a pseudo remake of The Legend of Zelda with ALTTP graphics, but I've never played it. I hear it wasn't very good, though. A full-blown remake of Zelda 1 with the ALTTP style would rule, especially if they revamped the overworld to include towns, perhaps water down the wizrobes a tiny bit, and fix all the bugs and make the bosses more ferocious, along with an actual plot that helps sort out the confusing timeline issues. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. A Zelda 2 remake should use the Twilight Princess engine and ditch the tacked-on RPG elements, as well as smooth out the Wii controls.

EDIT: Oh, about OoT 2d. One guy (Dampe) faked his death and the other one (TRM) has been on 99% done for over a year. So in other words, vaporware.

As far as games go, Square made a hand-held spin-off, and a crummy console spin-off. There's still room for a quality console remake in there. It's not going to happen, but it would be nice.

What ever happened with that project someone had to convert Z:OoT to a 2D game resembling LttP?

The kid either almost finished it, but was killed in a car crash (his family and friends then decided to take down the site/boards)...

Or

The kid almost finished it, got overwhelmed by the project/thousands of Zelda Geeks bugging him all the time and wanted out, but also didn't want to pass it off to someone else--so he faked his own e-death via car crash and took down the site/boards...only to be found out a little while later when the story he laid out couldn't be verified and he was spotted logged into his Myspace, Youtube account or some shit.

You know, typical internet stuff.

EDIT: Didn't see above EDIT

Here is the site for a list of everything that has to do with OOT2D. Apparently TRM is working on it again. Perhaps it may actually be released someday. His site is back up, but under construction, so its a sign at least.

As for Dampe, ignore everything to do with that kid. He was just a teenager who got in over his head and faked his death knowing that he could tackle a project that big.