TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I went to this store while out of town this past weekend. It was pretty cool, I almost bought WCW vs The World and WCW Thunder for $5 just for laughs, but ended up buying two packages of those Nintendo stickers / cards instead.

Are you talking about that old Nintendo sticker book that had Super Mario Bros./Legend of Zelda in it. The one that used the old 3D-glasses style magnifier?

Using the license for the first time since acquiring it in late 2005, Electronic Arts has announced plans to bring The Simpsons to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, DS, PS2, and PSP. The title was announced at a party celebrating the show's 400th episode.

The game will feature 16 levels designed as separate episodes, each with their own unique title animation, setting and story. The Simpsons family are cognizant that they are in a video game and use that to justify giving themselves special powers. The game's intention is to serve as satire for pop culture and the video game industry. Shown at the event were posters mocking other franchises: Bartman Begins, Medal of Homer, NeverQuest and Grand Theft Scratchy: Blood Island. It is unclear if any of these jokes were just for the party or if they will make it into the final game.

A build of the game was briefly shown at the event (note the Xbox 360 next to the screen in the images). GameSpot has impressions from the demonstration. The Simpsons is planned for a release this fall.

Tahe 360 Screenshot looks nice..it looks like it could be in the vain of the old arcade game but in 3-D but I cant really tell. At least they didnt make a game based on the movie.

I went to this store while out of town this past weekend. It was pretty cool, I almost bought WCW vs The World and WCW Thunder for $5 just for laughs, but ended up buying two packages of those Nintendo stickers / cards instead.

Are you talking about that old Nintendo sticker book that had Super Mario Bros./Legend of Zelda in it. The one that used the old 3D-glasses style magnifier?

I had one of those things when I was younger. I remember the game in the middle of the book where you flipped a coin, I was one or two sticker short of completing the game. It also had a Legend of Zelda labyrinth at the end. I may still have with along with my old Nintendo Powers....

The old NPs, the Wizard movie, all the Super Mario Bros. marchandising, Pac-Man cereal.....man, the NES days were awesome. :headbang:

I hooked up my old Super Nintendo a few days ago.

Thus far, I have beaten the following great games:

The Illusion of Gaia (starts out a Carbon-Copy ripoff of Zelda: Link to the Past but gets amazing, almost a better game).

Street Fighter II (Still need Chun Li to take out Vega. Got a Perfect against M. Bison)

Final Fight (saw this was on the Wii's VC, so played it and still LOVE this game. Dig the Andre the Giant character references..)

No, these are the deals where you had to scratch portions of the card to beat the stage. The ones I bought came with two stickers but back in the 80s they also came with gum.

Guest Smues

I haven't played SO 1 or 2 but I thought the battle system in 3 worked really well.

Since Raul's dead, it would basically have to be.

Way to strike while the iron's hot. It's only been, oh, 13 years since the first movie and 7 years since the last original game was released.

You make it in Japan or Hong Kong. That's about it. The first SF2 animated movie maintained the spirit of the series, even if it wasn't a masterpiece. The TV series was really good, but it wasn't based on the game history (although it too did a good job of capturing the spirit of the characters). A live action movie would never do the series as much justice as an animated movie, even if it was made by competent people who knew what they were doing, but it could be done better in a different cinema market.

I did like the anime TV series...you're talking V, right? (I think that's what it was...)

the only thing i didn't like, which is the case with most anime, I suppose, is that they're teenagers. Come on.....

Yes, that's the one.

I think them being teenagers was the point, since it was supposed to be stuff that happened before the games. Thus you had stuff like Chun Li's father being killed, Nash being killed, Ryu learning the hadouken, etc. Also keep in mind that the anime was actually made before the Street Fighter Zero (Alpha) games, so they didn't have any of that to go off of.

oh the teenager thing is just an anime pet peeve of mine...all the main characters (in RPGs too) are teenagers and they're saving the world...teenagers are dumb fucks, not world savers.

I thought the Alpha OVA was pretty good (it had Ryu trying to keep from being taken over by the "dark Hado", lots of fighting, and I believe Ryu kicked Sakura's ass). There was a sequel I've never seen.

I didn't like it. I found the animation quality to be below that of the previous movie and don't like made up characters (unless they're named General Sawada). Generations looked ok in the preview but that's about all I've seen.

Here's some pictures of the previously discussed Nintendo cards from the 80s. I'm sure you 80s kids will remember them better with pictures (albeit blurry - sorry, I'm having problems taking pictures of pictures with this camera).

n685030234_419799_8370.jpg

n685030234_419800_8599.jpg

n685030234_419801_8816.jpg

I picked up TimeSplitters 2 today for a few dollars. Great game reminiscent of Goldeneye and the original Perfect Dark. I'd love to see the series move to the Wii with online play. I'm pretty sure than Free Radical can come up with a good control scheme for it.

So I found out a cheap way to win GM mode in Smackdown vs Raw 2007. Its freaking awesome and all so easy.

What, continue to book your most over guys in a feud with constant gimmick matches?

Kinda. Turn off Injuries and Moral and just use HHH vs HBK on every RAW or Smackdown match in a Bar Brawl. I also made two of the matches a IC and a World title match. You honestly will max out the Fan ratings the entire time.

I have some older sports games I need to get rid of and was just wondering if people think these have any value or if I should just throw them out. They are for the PS2. Here's a list of them:

NBA Live 2005

Madden 2003

NCAA Football 2003

NCAA Football 2002

NHL 2001

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2002

MVP Baseball 2004

Smackdown: Know Your Role

You're probably better off selling them to individuals.

What I do is find a relative with that console and give them a handful for a present. Saves me the embarrassment of being looked down at by the Gamespot douche who's going to give me $5 for a bagful of games I probably spent $200 on, makes their day because they're getting 5-6 games in one present, and their oblivious parents always slip me some money because they think I paid a fortune for all those games (which I did, originally, but they don't realize the depreciation situation for sports games).

All of the games I listed are PS2 (which I initially forgot to add in my post...what an idiot I am).

The game has 7 courses. 4 are real and 3 are created:

*Pebble Beach

*Princeville Resort

*Royal Birkdale

*TPC at Sawgrass

*Copperhead Canyon

*Black Rock Cove

*Tiger's Dream 18