TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Thanks for the info. I think 04 is the best, and I've been looking for it too. I had them confused.

Street Fighter Alpha Generations is puuuure fanservice.

Although I believe they implied that Gouki is Ryu's father, which is interesting.

Akuma isn't that much older than Ryu. His main tie to Ryu/Ken is through his brother who trained them (Gouken, names Sheng Long at first). Akuma killed Gouken and later tried to bring out the evil side of Ryu (the big arc of Alpha 3). In essence he was a mentor to Ryu on the evil side but it never panned out. AFAIK there is no true mention of Akuma being Ryu's father.

I guess the OAV isn't canon.

The OAV shows Gouki killing his master, who also has Gouken as a pupil. It's implied that Gouki and the master's daughter/granddaughter had a relationshion in which she became pregnant. I don't remember exactly what was said, but later they say something like Ryu was dropped off at a temple by the daughter/granddaughter who died shortly after. Gouki also makes a comment towards Ryu about "our blood". With how it was portrayed, Gouki was 20ish before Ryu was ever born, because him and Gouken were both still training under their own master. But this was a production for the US market, so I guess they didn't really care about following continuity, since most people probably don't follow it that closely.

I was trying to think of the most appropriate place on the forum to vent this thought and decided to do so here (because this place rocks).

For years I hear Morgan Webb this and Morgan Webb that. I never X-Play in Canada so I had no idea who this was. I had seen a few pictures and thought "not bad" but didn't understand the hype.

So, fast forward to yesterday, where, now having digital cable, I decided to add some extra channels to my service (G4 TechTV Canada being one of them). I flip between Raw and "Attack of the Show", hosted by Olivia Munn, and then see an X-Play episode with Morgan.

The point here - how the hell can Morgan be getting so much hype as the "video game show hottie" when

1. She didn't look good at all in this particular episode

2. Olivia Munn from AOTS was SO. MUCH. HOTTER.

Just something I was wondering after finally watching the network.

I like Webb better, but I don't think either of them are smoking hot or anything. I think mediocre women in odd environments gain quite a following just because they're somewhat unique. Kind of like the borderline fugly-at-times Anna Kournikova in tennis. Sometimes the fact that a girl isn't awful looking and is into certain things, makes her much hotter to some. With AK, I think it was more because some guys like to have an avenue to express their pedophilia. I guess.

Although I believe they implied that Gouki is Ryu's father, which is interesting.

Just like Raiden and Shao Kahn are brothers and Shinnok is their father?

What irks me about the movie is that I no longer can talk about Street Fighter's plot with my friends anymore, because I have one friend who I honestly probably never played a Street Fighter game before, but seen every anime, and keeps bringing up plot points of all the anime like they're canon. If I hear him talk about Akuma and his relationship to Ryu one more time, I'll scream!

Also, about Morgan Webb, I've never liked her. She is the second worst part of X-Play, they only salvageable show left on G4, the worst being the failed SNL/Sci-Fi Channel/WWE writers scripting her and Adam's words. Morgan just does her reviews in a bored monotone like she'd rather be anywhere else but reviewing video games. It was much better back when Kate Botello was on the cast. She was cute, and actually seemed like she gives a crap about games.

Fair enough. I'm also basing my judgment off of exactly one watched episode - maybe it was a bad day?

But yeah, I figure it's a "hey someone playing video games that's not terrible looking! SUPER HOT". Sure, that works well in real life, but our TV celebrities should be held to much higher standards of attractiveness.

The blurb for the channel on Cogeco's website (or somewhere I read) specifically goes out of their way to say "no longer for geeks". I ordered it anyway because I missed watching EP and Reviews on the Run (which were removed from Space due to a contract issue with Rogers vs. CHUM I wasn't aware of). I watched some Lupin, too.

I don't know why we have it, I guess it got tacked on to a package we already subscribe to. I don't really watch it much. Dubbed anime makes my head implode, the Canadian video game review show grates on me because I could do a much better job that those doofs, and the previously mentioned X-Play seems to not actually be about video games anymore.

What irks me about the movie is that I no longer can talk about Street Fighter's plot with my friends anymore, because I have one friend who I honestly probably never played a Street Fighter game before, but seen every anime, and keeps bringing up plot points of all the anime like they're canon. If I hear him talk about Akuma and his relationship to Ryu one more time, I'll scream!

Does the plot of Street Fighter really come up that often with your buddies?

You have it because Rogers cable has it as part of a basic digital cable subscription (based on something I read on zannen.ca).

The episode of X-Play I watched was about the "SeXXXiest Moments in Video Games". I don't think anything was reviewed. There was an episode from February on after that with a substitute host (forget her name, was also hotter than Morgan) that actually reviewed stuff though.

AOTS seemed interesting enough though.

Does the plot of Street Fighter really come up that often with your buddies?

Yes.

You have it because Rogers cable has it as part of a basic digital cable subscription (based on something I read on zannen.ca).

The episode of X-Play I watched was about the "SeXXXiest Moments in Video Games". I don't think anything was reviewed. There was an episode from February on after that with a substitute host (forget her name, was also hotter than Morgan) that actually reviewed stuff though.

This sounds like something I'd be interested in. Where can I subscribe to your newsletter and video blog?

They talked about a series of games from Japan called "Big Woman" (I think). It was about a giant woman who you could only stop by shooting her breasts and other bodily areas. There was also a game called about a Swim Meet with leg spreading minigames. Japan is pretty weird.

They showed some great action from Custer's Revenge, too. Damn that show for being American! If it was made in Canada for Canadian cable they wouldn't need to mosaic that pixel action.

Someone somewhere once posted older pics of Morgan, before she got all Maximified and made up hugely.

Much cuter.

I was trying to think of the most appropriate place on the forum to vent this thought and decided to do so here (because this place rocks).

For years I hear Morgan Webb this and Morgan Webb that. I never X-Play in Canada so I had no idea who this was. I had seen a few pictures and thought "not bad" but didn't understand the hype.

So, fast forward to yesterday, where, now having digital cable, I decided to add some extra channels to my service (G4 TechTV Canada being one of them). I flip between Raw and "Attack of the Show", hosted by Olivia Munn, and then see an X-Play episode with Morgan.

The point here - how the hell can Morgan be getting so much hype as the "video game show hottie" when

1. She didn't look good at all in this particular episode

2. Olivia Munn from AOTS was SO. MUCH. HOTTER.

Just something I was wondering after finally watching the network.

Extended Play was one of the better shows on ZDTV/TechTV before it was gobbled up by G4. TechTV/ZDTV had better shows and from what I understand better ratings, but G4 had more money behind it.

My current cable company doesn't even carry it anymore, but it had G4TechTV for a little bit, and X-Play was basically the only watchable show because they cancelled everything else good.

Icons was sometimes watchable. Judgment Day was gawd awful, mainly because of the dumbass midget fuck Tommy Tallerico. His partner in crime was some douchebag that was like the Michael Cole of video game TV, and sounded like just one of those clueless shills that plays on Gamestop closed-dircuit TV.

My channel 3 is now CSPAN-2. Prime Minister's Questions is more entertaining than anything I was seeing on G4TechTV by the time they'd cancelled it, so I don't count it any major loss.

I think I briefly remember Munn. They probably put Morgan on there because she brought the snark. I felt the one they had before her (Kate I think?) was a better host, though.

Anytime MBs bring up Webb, there's the "she's a man, baby!" contingent and the "OMG SO HAWT!" contingent. Consider me in neither.