TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

there is a rockband demo drum set up at the bestbuy near my uni

fucking amazing

I'm really looking forward to trying to drumming aspect of that game. I'm not overly coordinated with my fingers, so I tend to suck at guitar hero, but I can drum like a motherfucker, so I may actually excel at this game

I used to drum back in elementary school, but gave it up because we couldn't afford the drum set needed to "advance". I don't think I'll buy it, but I'm going to seek out people who do so I can give it a try.

I just started working at Best Buy...every employee is annoyed with the game cause people are playing the drums all day long

We used to have Guitar Hero set up in our store - now, no one can listen to Sweet Child of Mine again.

Is it safe to assume that I'm the only one on the board that plays WoW.

I'm willing to bet someone here plays it. Not me though.....don't have the time. Or intrest.

Is it safe to assume that I'm the only one on the board that plays WoW.

I'm willing to bet someone here plays it. Not me though.....don't have the time. Or intrest.

Meh I just got back into it. I only play for like an hour or two a day... Not nearly as much as some of my friends.

A kid was telling me he played it for 10 hours straight... Why?? The last time I did that with a video game was Ocarina Of Time for the N64.

Guest Smues

My Bestbuy set up its rockband demo away from the other video games, and by the wrestling DVDs. They have Guitar Hero 3 over with the video games, so now the two parts of the store I go to, video games and wrestling DVDs, are infected with smelly long haired teenagers who think they are rock stars.

I think most people here know of my distaste for World for Poorcraft.

It's not THAT bad. Passes the time. Saves me money on beer too. I'm not that inclined to go out and drink money away when I see my bank statement and $15 went to a game.

I rented and beat Simpsons Game.

Funny game. Kind of ****ty gameplay.

Really funny final boss, too, almost as funny as Portal.

It's a great rental, but don't buy unless you really want to play all the stupid collection-padding and annoying time-challenges.

Started Playing Rogue Galaxy the other day, what a fun lil game that is.

I think most people here know of my distaste for World for Poorcraft.

It's not THAT bad. Passes the time. Saves me money on beer too. I'm not that inclined to go out and drink money away when I see my bank statement and $15 went to a game.

I think my main hatred of the game comes from it recking my last relationship.

Just moved and got my games set up again. Time to restart Chrono Trigger.

I've been on an SNES RPG kick lately. Just rebeat Secret of Mana, FF III, Earthbound, Harvest Moon, and Inindo

Quick question for anyone who has time:

I always go through a strategy guide/walkthrough when playing Metroid Prime games, just because I don't think it's worth goin through it again for a 100% ending. I jut picked up Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii and I was wondering if a walkthrough would be needed for this game for the same type of reason I used one for Metroid. Can you just play through this and even if you don't get everything get the same ending? Thanks.

Yeah, going for 100% would put you in that 40+ hours range, but so much of it is stuff you're never, ever going to need (yay, more rupees I have nowhere to store!). You can unlock more fairy fountains, but one is more than what you'll ever need. Cave of Trials is just dull and an excuse for the rupee-eating armor to be used, and that armor is like an excuse for the excessive amount of rupees scattered around the game.

I rented COD 4 last night. The game is pretty fun, so far there seems to be two storylines you go back and forth between. Multiplayer is great...just as long as there are people talking. I was really having fun for quite awhile, then it got quiet where no one was talking at all, then I just got really bored with the match. One thing I really do like about the multi-player is the fact you have to do certain tasks to get upgrades or perks for yourself and your guns. You also unlock other guns by performing certain kill tasks as well.

If I could afford it, I'd buy this game in a heartbeat.

Has anyone tried Gears of War for the PC yet? I got it last night and it looks awesome, but the game has a very odd stutter to it for some reason. I googled it and it seems to be an issue that a lot of people are having. I'm fairly confident that its not my PC as I have played Bioshock and Lost Planet with all of the goodies (DX10 stuff and all) enabled, and it plays smoothly.

I have a Dual Core Pentium D 3.2 GHz

500 GB SATA HD

2 GB SD RAM

EVGA 8600 GTS Superclocked 256 MB Video Card

Anyone else having any issues with it?

I have Gears PC. The stutter is a common issue for many, as you know. Patch is incoming.

In the meantime, make sure you have the latest drivers, and if you have vsync on, switch it off for now.

I have stutter from time to time myself.

I was messing around with the settings, and the higher I set everything, the less stutter I have. Talk about odd, eh? I'll have a look at the v-sync option to see if that can help cut down the last bit of stutter that I have

Maybe a stupid question but for the 360 battery packs, is there a finite amount of 'juice'?

Got the Play and Charge kit when I first got my 360, and now, it seems the controller dies really fast (it also charges really fast) Just charged it not to long ago, it had a green light, and I've been playing for like 10 minutes, and it's down to 3 bars already...

I assume this is because the battery is useless? and that means I'm gonna have to get a new one soon?

I haven't gotten it. I bought 8 rechargable batteries and a charger. 2 batteries for each of my 2 360 controllers, 2 for my Wii Remote, 2 spare that are always charged up and ready if one set dies out. They probably give me about 6 hours each for the 360 and wii varies by game a lot. Is it *the* Play and Charge that MS makes, or a 3rd party knockoff?

Maybe a stupid question but for the 360 battery packs, is there a finite amount of 'juice'?

Got the Play and Charge kit when I first got my 360, and now, it seems the controller dies really fast (it also charges really fast) Just charged it not to long ago, it had a green light, and I've been playing for like 10 minutes, and it's down to 3 bars already...

I assume this is because the battery is useless? and that means I'm gonna have to get a new one soon?

All rechargable batteries have a finite amount of 'juice'. To get the most of them only charge them when they're completely dry (won't operate anymore), and only charge them till they're full don't keep them plugged in once the green light is on.

I've had my MS play and charge kit for well over a year now, and it still works fine. Couldn't give you an hour estimate, but if i'm pulling some late night gaming and go for hours, it'll go down to about 2 or 1 bars, after which i'll charge it when im done.

Another question, this time about ripping songs to the Xbox. Am I the only one that finds that some songs just won't work?

And I have no idea why...I could see if there were certain file types that weren't allowed or something, but I've just tried to rip two songs, off of the same CD, (Both are mp3 format) one worked, while the other one didn't. And even after repeated tries, I can't get it to burn this song, it just gives me the error symbol. Anyone know the possible reason for this?

Hmm...as I post this, it works :/. But still, is there a real reason for the constant errors?

I just beat Portal. That game was wonderful. It's very short and relatively easy, but the concept is executed so well and the game just has this amazing atmosphere. It's definitely the best first-person comedy puzzle game I've played.

Of all the games I've bought recently on the 360 - Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 3, Naruto, Smackdown v Raw - Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga, is getting the most play time. A simple amazing game, and really fun to play with a mate.