TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

sadly, Gomez and Bison probably ARE Raul Julia's most famous roles...

Oh, agreed. It's just that *right* before that there's that long bio building up JCVD's martial arts background, with a ton of his flicks listed.

Then "our M. Bison was Gomez."

It makes no mention of RJ's death, which I guess is a "damned if you do/don't" scenario, but it kind of fits in with how the bios didn't really tell you what those actors have done since (usually not much).

No, Zangief was. And his actor has the same first name as me. Although without Raul's performance it would have been very hard to sit through.

And yes, the same Ming Na. She's done voice work for the crappy FF Spirits Within movie, and also voiced Mulan and Hardnosed Asian Cop Chick in the crappy new Batman animated series.

How sad is it that you can get typecast in VOICE ACTING?

Yeah, and apparently the TCM prequel currently in the works.

JCVD's new movies are apparently all being made in Europe and DTV to us, presumably because Americans got bored of watching meaty white guys kicking each other in the face, especially when guys like Jet Li and Jackie Chan do it better and faster. And you're supposed to be laughing at Jackie in most of his roles.

Bison's leisure suit version of his uniform should be an alternate costume in the next SF.

I think Amy Acker from Angel is in the new TCM. Which means I must see it.

I just borrowed it from a relative, having not played it in years...

Super Buster Brothers for SNES. Seriously, one of my favorite games of all-time. It's way too addicting.

zangief.jpg

Quick, change the channel !

Heh...I actually liked the Street Fighter movie. I remember going to the bathroom during the credits and I didn't stopped my VCR. I marked out when I came back and saw the scene with Bison in which he relauches the program for world domination.

OMG sequel !!

Anyone ever play Punisher for Genesis?

Fun little side-scroller, that. I think it is the only video game appearance of Nick Fury as well.

UYI

Fury appears in Ultimate Spider-Man as well.

Unless you're differenciating between the two Marvel universes.

I got CCC today. I see they're saying Poison is a guy. I wonder if that actually comes from Capcom or if the people at Digital Ecplipse just read it online and put it in. They claim he just wears women's clothes.....uh yeah, it's obviously not just a guy in girls clothes.

Anyone ever play Punisher for Genesis?

Fun little side-scroller, that. I think it is the only video game appearance of Nick Fury as well.

UYI

Yeah, pretty neat to have a beat 'em up with gunplay in it, even if it is toned down from the original version.

I got CCC today. I see they're saying Poison is a guy.

Yeah, I already mentioned that a few pages back...

Yeah well thats what happens when this thread is so huge and has so many different topics.

This SF II kind of sucks. Load time? And it looks TOO GOOD. The graphics are like...shiny or something. Like higher defintion or whatever.

I think it's a decent port--certainly a better value than the insane prices the SF2C/Capcom Generations versions were fetching online.

Yeah, there are sound issues, but I grew up with the SNES/Genesis versions so it isn't a big deal. Load time? Pretty much what I expected.

Alex Lucard (insidepulse) is the only person I know of reporting control issues. But he thinks Super Ghouls and Ghosts was a Genesis game, didn't know Forgotten Worlds supported the analog sticks, and has given glowing reviews to both versions of Maximum Impact.

There shouldn't be load time in a PS2 version of Street Fighter II. Come on...

I jus beat it without losing once(on my first try, I'm so awesome) and it didn't even have the real arcade credits. Lame...

god how could anyone play these old games like 1942 and Ghots n goblins? its IMPOSSIBLE

I'm just kind of used to load times in most of my disc-based 2D fighters anyway. Yet, there isn't any noticeable loading on Final Fight. *shrug*

Credits--point--they replaced all of the menus and gave you that lame overlay instead of the regular options/title screens. The SGnG menu doesn't allow you to access the in-game sound test as well.

god how could anyone play these old games like 1942 and Ghots n goblins? its IMPOSSIBLE

I spent tons of time playing the GBC Ghosts and Goblins, so I had fun playing the version on board.

I got Midway Arcade Treasures 3 too and it's awful. The version of Hydro Thunder is the lame Dreamcast port and the controls are basically unplayable. It controls nothing like the arcade.

Everyone knew it sucked when it was announced...way to exceed expectations, Midway.

This thread should die. It's absorbing all the content that could be used for half a dozen niche threads, which always end up going off-topic eventually anyway.

...which I guess was the purpose, but it still sucks.

I used to love playing 1942 and all those games when I was younger. Then I bought Maximo: Ghosts to Glory and just about trashed my system, my TV, and my house just on the safe side because I thought IT was so maddeningly (sp?) difficult. Didn't even buy Army of Zin because I knew I'd go berserk all over again. I guess my reactions are slowing down now that I'm getting older.

I played Tiger Woods 2005 on the PS2. Really fun game. So I downloaded Tiger Woods 2006 for my PC. My god, how can they be so different? The PC game was total fucking garbage and made no sense to a novice. I have no idea what the market is for golf games, but the garbage tutorial in the PC 2006 was pathetic. I suppose the PS2 version is more arcadey and less realistic, but it's about a billion times more fun.

The problem with the Tiger Woods series is that once you build up your character, the challenge is completely gone. I used to use the money from the one on one challenges and max my guy out before I even got on the tour. Once I hit the tour I broke every single record simply because I could put any shot anywhere I wanted to. There was no chance I'd mishit a ball, I'd drive the green on almost every par 4, and a par 5 was almost an automatic eagle. Most rounds were in the 58-62 range. I swear, it looked like a lab put my guy together in a test tube.

If the challenges were simply a side game and didn't provide the opportunity to help build your player it would make the tour a lot better. Start off as a "real" player, and even when your stats are max keep your guy from being a superman on the courses.

I got Midway Arcade Treasures 3 too and it's awful. The version of Hydro Thunder is the lame Dreamcast port and the controls are basically unplayable. It controls nothing like the arcade.

I want it for Stun Runner, I used to play the heck out of that at Chuck E Cheese's. The rest is gravy, I always did want to try Hydro Thunder though

we need another big argument thread. Someone should go say that FF VII sucks.

Most of the folks here are usually on the same page, so there's been few arguments.

Even you admit that Square pretty much sucks now, the occasional decent release aside.

Thankfully, Xenosaga Ep. 2 was such a huge bomb my fears of other companies taking similar routes are assuaged for now. Apparently they're trying to pay penance by making a 2D DS version of 1 and 2.

I think you blew a previous chance. When I confronted you on your shameless bias when posting the Revolution controller with no accompanying news text or article links, you basically ignored it. Just about everyone was talking about now Nintendo is crazy, stupid, out of touch, etc. Then 24 hours later people were doing 180s after actually *reading* about it (imagine that) and basically saying the same things I was saying in the first place.

Pretty much the only person who is likely to vastly deviate from the norm is MikeSC, whose sum total of useful contributions seems to have begun and ended with pointing out that Metal Arms and Ratchet and Clank are really good. If things have since changed, note that I have had him on ignore for a good month and a half.

I want it for Stun Runner, I used to play the heck out of that at Chuck E Cheese's. The rest is gravy, I always did want to try Hydro Thunder though

Too bad SR was originally on MAT2, but they held back on it and MK1.