TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

The localization for Dragon Quest VIII was heavily done by Richard Honeywood, a witty Brit. The localization and well-written voice acting is also the best part of the entire game.

I'd go on record as saying its the best VA of any game out there. Just wish there was a bit more success for it.

I disagree. Maybe the best original writing, yeah.

However, for voice acting I would argue Kingdom Hearts 2, provided we're not counting Mena Suvari's performance.

KH2 needed more cutscenes voiced by Christopher Lee.

Heres the concept art of MK Armageddon. featuring every charater that has ever appeared in a MK Game.[/url]

If they really want everyone they need to put in UMK3 Classic Sub-Zero and explain who that was. I doubt they will, I doubt they even remember.

The localization for Dragon Quest VIII was heavily done by Richard Honeywood, a witty Brit. The localization and well-written voice acting is also the best part of the entire game.

I'd go on record as saying its the best VA of any game out there. Just wish there was a bit more success for it.

I disagree. Maybe the best original writing, yeah.

However, for voice acting I would argue Kingdom Hearts 2, provided we're not counting Mena Suvari's performance.

KH2 needed more cutscenes voiced by Christopher Lee.

I'm counting all VAs, and yes, Suvari's performance made me not like KH2 better than DQ8.

That doesn't add up. The awesomeness of Lee should more than make up for her suckiness.

The sad part is that some voice acting director somewhere had to have asked her to sound like that. She doesn't actually sound like that normally.

I haven't gotten far enough into A Bard's Tale to give it an accurate rating, but the way the dude remains cool even WHEN HE'S ON FIRE is just so amazingly screwed up and funny it's hard not to love.

Heres the concept art of MK Armageddon. featuring every charater that has ever appeared in a MK Game.[/url]

If they really want everyone they need to put in UMK3 Classic Sub-Zero and explain who that was. I doubt they will, I doubt they even remember.

I'm am not kidding when I write this. Classic Sub Zero was Noob Saibot. It says it in Sub Zero's ending in MK:D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noob_Saibot

Noob is the Sub-Zero from the original MK, the older brother of the current Sub. UMK3's Classic Sub-Zero is thought to be him but when he takes off the mask it's someone else who's identity is never revealed.

In other words...the backstories of the fighters in Mortal Kombat is really fucked up.

Although I'm at work, I can say Dirge of Cerebus isn't a bad game. The difficulty only comes from getting used to having to use the right analog being your aiming camera. Its not terrible, as long as you crank it up to the fulliest.

And frankly I haven't seen a plot hole yet, though I'm expecting some. Although finding out

Lucretia created the theory on the Chaos gene which cause Vincent's transformations

has been a nice twist that I wasn't expecting, but I should've.

The battling is straight forward blasting, so it is repetive, but meh. I haven't been disappointed enough to say the money was a waste. Although, the battle against

Azul the Cruelian in the World Regenesis Organization headquarters

was not easy. Then again, because of having to get used to the camera and a small room, it makes it feel too crowded.

Music wise, it works. Because its a shooter, I wasn't expecting many tracks and a few do stand out, but not many.

Controls are ok, and work once you get used to them, but you definitely need to crank the camera speed and targeting onto absolute fast (as well as go automatic targetting). Or at least I need to.

This might have been discussed but I don't feel like looking through the thread; has anyone download Saint's Row on Xbox Live? The game is just like GTA, but with a little different feel to it.

Its not bad. Most of the problems are ironed out, and hey. You can use potions while being down.

However, I just ran into the most annoyingest thing ever. Read spoilers to understand:

you get to play as Cait Sith, the doll. But he sucks 300hp and no attack. Can you say, die all the time? Cause I don't like dodging every little thing to keep alive. Dammit.

I still haven't experienced any plot holes yet. Which surprises me, cause I'm still waiting for it.

Dirge actually isn't a bad game. Its a decent game overall. However, I'm wishing I went on a higher difficulty cause I ain't having an easy time on normal, and frankly I think Hard would've butchered me (and I would've liked that).

I'm gonna try to figure out some way to avoid dying, so I can continue on.

Oh, and it autosaves your game. Just so you know.

Okay... What the fuck part of that mission requires "skill of avoiding"? Bullshit. You just pray to fucking god no one sees you and do it all on luck.

I've died like 20 damn times. Dear God, what possessed someone to come up with that shit? I don't even get potions~! Ugh!!!

So pissed off right now.

I haven't gotten far enough into A Bard's Tale to give it an accurate rating, but the way the dude remains cool even WHEN HE'S ON FIRE is just so amazingly screwed up and funny it's hard not to love.

You oughta see it when the damsel in distress appears to him in a vision to try to get him to rescue her, a prospect that he is less than enthusiastic about when he hears about how much work it involves. One of the most hilarious scenes I've seen in a video game. Plus, it's funny that the fairy summon he has sounds like a Scottish consturction worker with a 2 pack a day habit.

Also good is the game Armed and Dangerous. Might be funnier than A Bard's Tale if your humor runs more towards slapstick than sarcasm.

Pfft. Yeah. Slapstick is SO much better than sarcasm...

Has anyone else's gamestops/ebs had their demo Cubes set up with Star Fox Assault? 2 of them in my area had--I had thought at first that in addition to the DS Star Fox Command there was actually a GC game out too (silly me).

This is even funnier out of context:

http://www.screwattack.com/Flash%20HTML/ANN/Quote.html

This might have been posted, but:

360 HD-DVD add-on will cost $200.

The external HD-DVD drive add-on for Microsoft's Xbox 360 games console will sell for $200, according to media reports.

Taiwanese tech paper DigiTimes reported that the external USB drive will be available to buy before Christmas this year.

According to the paper, Taiwanese games developers and gaming service providers consider an external drive a better approach than Sony's plans to integrate a Blu-ray drive into the forthcoming PlayStation 3.

An external model offers greater flexibility, and the inclusion of an internal drive in the PlayStation 3 could reduce its competitiveness in the market despite Blu-ray's greater disc capacity.

Confirming the Xbox 360 HD-DVD USB drive at the E3 gaming conference in May, Albert Penello, director of global marketing for the Xbox 360, said that the add-on "carries with it an extension of the HD era that Xbox 360 offers, and provides the most visually stunning movie watching experience available".

"This new accessory will connect to the Xbox 360 console with a USB cable, enabling it to harness the power of the Xbox 360 for the HD video outputs and digital surround sound," he said.

"As an accessory, it becomes another shining example of the flexibility designed into the Xbox 360 console in order to grow and add new features."

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2162543/...vd-add-cost-200

Don't know if it is legit or not but it sounds it to me.

Gamespot posted the same story a few weeks ago. All the Sony fanboys went apeshit and tried to say that now the Xbox 360 is pretty much the same cost as a PS3 now. Which in my view isn't the case and here's why.

1. You buy the HD-DVD drive seperatly and since you don't have to buy the 360 and the HD-DVD together, you get to space out your money and not spend 600 flat out for the system and the drive, if you don't need the HD-DVD right away.

2. At the moment, I don't think the HD-DVD drive will have games made that will work strictly for that device. Therefore, those who don't have HD (like me) doesn't need the drive and doesn't need to go out and put 200 dollars more down for something extra.

3. I have more reasons, but i'm to tired to type them out.

No, I don't see it being necessary for games.

Games don't even currently use close to that amount of space. The only person claiming space will be an issue is Phil Harrison, and either he's an idiot or thinks we're all idiots.

MS has an ex-Sega rep as their top xbox guy. They're not likely to forget the lessons from the Sega CD (granted, HDDVD is not CD+G, but still...).

So I've played some more of Dirge of Cerebus, and I must say that I've finally hit those ever so wonderful "plot holes". ...that aren't really plot holes more than stuff that gets cut off in the chopping block in the translation department and thusly not enough of a good explaination. I mean a lot of people might say "well, there's no explanation for "

protomateria

" and while I was just as confused, I think its probably just named that because it was the first one. Because remember:

mako reactors and the finding of materia in usable form wasn't till around 30 years in the past (when Vincent was still all human).

And the story for the most part is very good and finally seems to close out Vincent. Not exactly sure where I am at the moment in terms of stages, but I'm fairly close to the end. Oh, and if anyone plays this game, expect like 20 hours worth of FMV. Lots of in game cutscenes and some great CGI movies.

...oh, and Yuffie doesn't play anymore of a part than the rest of the gang sans Reeve's (he's actually important).

No, I don't see it being necessary for games.

Games don't even currently use close to that amount of space. The only person claiming space will be an issue is Phil Harrison, and either he's an idiot or thinks we're all idiots.

MS has an ex-Sega rep as their top xbox guy. They're not likely to forget the lessons from the Sega CD (granted, HDDVD is not CD+G, but still...).

Which is why Sony is to full of themselves with the BR. They won't be using that much space on a disc, at all.

They are only doing BR because they think it is going to take off and they want to claim they offered it first on their gaming systems.

Actually, they're doing Blu-Ray because it's their own proprietary format and they think putting it in the PS3 will help it to become the next-gen DVD standard.

Yeah, but the Blu-Ray is gonna bomb big time, and Sony will look like idiots. Just like when the DVD player bombed and blew up in Sony's faces for putting it in the PS2.

Shadow of the Colossus has gone Greatest Hits, Soul Calibur 3 is available at Target for $20.

These other titles should be GH too:

• Jak X: Combat Racing

• SOCOM 3

• Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

• Ratchet: Deadlocked

...although I can't 100% confirm that.