TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I'd bet your sweet ass that the new Prince of Persia game being announced for Wii doesn't mean it's exclusive, either. Likely that's the first version that'll be revealed and they'll downplay talk of any other versions.

You were right, Andrew, it's not exclusive.

It's also on PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube.

Because it's a Two Thrones port.

According to the latest issue of Nintendo Power, the Wii version of Prince of Persia is nothing more than a remake of The Two Thrones, but with Wii controls added in.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=10480

Oh wow, a port! That shit can suck it.

Ubisoft is getting really bad for this, seriously. I could understand a few crummy ports at launch, but there's no reason for this anymore. If this is all the support they're going to offer, some crappy exclusive games and a heap of ports, they can keep them to themselves.

Far Cry was rushed beyond belief and looks like utter crap, as do all of the Ubisoft Wii games thus far, and there is no excuse for that.

I can't believe that Ubisoft cares so little about how this system is percieved that they'll just crap out garbage for it as long as it has Wii controls jury-rigged to work on it, and then they'll deliver games like Rainbow Six Vegas and Assassins Creed for the other systems. I'm not saying they should be porting those, but just putting some CARE into what they make for the Wii, as this just hurts more than it helps.

Oh wow, a port! That shit can suck it.

Yeah, I was wrong about the "new" thing too.

Which begs the question of what that leaked concept art was actually from: a new PoP game to come soon after, a completely original game, or some sort of remake either delayed or shelved?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Princeofpwiica3.JPG

An Assassin's Creed for Wii would be incredibly stripped down and a shell of the real versions. However, considering that they've done this in the past with Splinter Cell (hello XBox versus other versions), it wouldn't shock me. "Project Assassin" was penciled in for a PSP and Wii release long ago in other leaked Ubi news (and virtually everything else that was in it actually came to pass).

Ha! Look at his eyes at the beginning. He's totally tripping balls.

That wuss totally is not Mario. He would have been headstomping him in like 10 seconds flat.

Great link. I like his rendition of Guile's Theme the best, probably because that's the song I most relate SFII with.

So with Christmas coming up, it looks like I'll be asking for Madden 07, Gears of War and Saint's Row.

Any reason I shouldn't ask for any of those three, and any suggestions for replacements? My 360 library is woefully thin (Oblivion, SvR07 and NBA2k6).

I realized I ain't that very good at Guitar Hero, after trying and failing miserably with Stutter only on Medium in Guitar Hero II. v_v;;

Although, now I'm totally determined to "defeat" this game now though, since I can practice it away. Love the practice mode, as it helps.

I know this is probaly a dumb question, but do you need HDTV for the High Definition part of Next Gen consoles to work?

What I mean is, just got a 360, and I've got an "HDTV" which has the RGB ports in the back..but at the moment I don't actually have 'HDTV'. So would putting the RGB ports work, or would I actually have to go ahead and set up HDTV?

Well then, guess it wasn't that stupid of a question. I thought I wouldn't be able to.

Thanks. I have to say, playing on HD for the first time (dead rising) other then only seeing Madden in stores, WOW.

One more question about HD. Is it just me/my tv, or do some games look better not in HD?

Talking about Saint's Row. I had forgot to change the little switch in the back to HDTV, and when I did, for some reason, it made the game look worse. Not bad, but for one thing it looks more "grainy" and "liny" (yea, couldn't think of another way to put.The windows have little black dots, and the trees don't look as clear, etc, so it's a little weird.

Or maybe that's what it's supposed to look like, and I just like the more smooth version. (Although, Dead Rising looked a lot better with the switch on HD, thats why I assume it's not the tv)

I'm playing Zelda: The Minish Cap right now. It's quite good, real classic Zelda gameplay, reminds me of Link to the Past and Link's Awakening, with some OoT and WW stylistic touches. My favorite new item is the vacuum type machine, its pretty useful. Only gripe is that Hyrule is so danged small, but that's ok for me the way I'm playing it now.

I'm playing Zelda: The Minish Cap right now. It's quite good, real classic Zelda gameplay, reminds me of Link to the Past and Link's Awakening, with some OoT and WW stylistic touches. My favorite new item is the vacuum type machine, its pretty useful. Only gripe is that Hyrule is so danged small, but that's ok for me the way I'm playing it now.

Mos def; it was a product of the same Capcom team who worked on the Oracles titles.

I liked it except for the fact that you had to fuse Kinstones for EVERYTHING, and so many of them were required to progress in the game.

The Gust Jar is indeed cool, but trumped by the Roc Cape (allowing you not just a jump, but a jump and GLIDE ability), itself an improvement over the Roc feather introduced in Link's Awakening.

While much simpler in scope, you should give Four Swords Adventures on GC a whirl; the 1P game is still really fun even it's really made for multiplayer in mind.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/hello-kitty/s...itty-224294.php

Sega Sammy Does Hello Kitty

Sanrio, who sit atop the throne of the mystic Hello Kitty cuteness empire, reached a content sharing agreement yesterday with Sega Sammy which will allow for the two companies to share characters. The news article states the agreement would be "paving the way for the mouthless feline to make her video game debut," though I doubt a character with almost 40 games listed at GameFaqs needs all that much paving. In fact Sega has already produced several HK games in Japan for the Dreamcast, including my favorite, Hello Kitty Lovely Fruit Park - the best damn fruit park game anywhere.

The two companies are also looking to strengthen their capital arrangement in the future, with Sega Sammy already owning a 13.98% stake in Sanrio.

While I can't see myself preordering a new Hello Kitty game despite owning a toaster that burns her sacred image into a variety of bread products, I wouldn't mind seeing her pop up in a Sonic game. Our spiky blue friend needs a new love interest, seeing as Cream the Rabbit is too young and Amy is a shameless pink hussy.

Michael Fahey

No real reason to care about Sega publishing licensed games (actually, these days not much reason to care about Sega *PERIOD*), but "sharing characters?" What the hell?

hmm I'm having a problem wtih PS2 NBA2k6. it recognizes the standard dual shock controller, but refuses to recognize a 3rd party controller or a PSOne dual stick controller (both of these work perfectly with other games). is there a known bug for this?

Here's a question: Has an American game EVER become a big hit in Japan? I'm trying to think of one and I'm failing.

EDIT: OK, Hudson's port of Lode Runner sold a million copies on the Famicom two decades ago. I really don't think that counts.

Are you asking about games that never got a Japanese release, or that simply came out in America first? If it's the latter, I think Dead Rising could be example number one. From what I've heard, it's tremendously popular in Japan.

Dead Rising's sold like, 35,000 copies in Japan.

Looking at vgcharts.org, it would appear that no American console game has sold over a million copies in Japan. I think it's simply a matter of American developers either not making the games or not making quality games, in the genres that do well in Japan.

Guest Smues

I just got Gears of War and attempted to play it for the first time, but it just kept going back to the difficulty selection screen. I try vs mode, no problem. I try split screen campaign, no problem, but single player campaign is a no go. So I get desperate and go check out the Gamefaqs message boards (yeah I know really really desperate) to see if its a common problem or something. I discover that the servers are down, and for some unknownst to me retarded reason this is causing single player campaign to not work unless you unplug your ethernet cable. Way to go Microsoft.

That's really really odd Smues but hey at least its just something minor and you don't need to go back and return it for another one.