TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

The Street Fighter 2 animated movie wasn't horrible. Well, the real version wasn't horrible. The TV series was pretty good too. Those weren't exposed to the hideousness that is mainstream American film making though.

So you play through a game for that garbage? The Voiceovers make me want to kill myself after about 30 seconds.

And before that...

http://www.audioatrocities.com/games/starocean2/index.html

But of course, the voice acting isn't the reason this series is so acclaimed, oh no. It's because of the stellar gameplay it allegedly has.

The TV series was pretty good too.
Yeah i really liked the Street Fighter TV Series, but Ken and Ryu perving over a 15 year old Chun-Li seems so wrong. Oh wait, its Japan. The Street Fighter II movie was class, it was much better than the Alpha movies.

Advent Children, based directly on a Final Fantasy game, wasn't even that great...sorry fanboys, it just wasn't.

Yeah it was ok, nothing amazing like some fanboys claim it to be. It had far too many things wrong with it, which made it a bit lame. But you've got to admit, some of the things in that film were pretty sweet.

Ken was 17 and Ryu was 18 ;) Chun Li being captured by Vega was a little weird though, especially when he was torturing her.

The Street Fighter Alpha movie was such fanservice. I think they wanted to see how many characters they could cram into the movie, and as such, none of them had any development.

Zangief was the best part of that film, much like he is in the game.

Saying that, Dan was pretty funny too.

Some classic WrestleMania Arcade action, complete with an ending!

Awesome. That's a terrific game. I didn't know that the home versions gipped us out of endings, though. Playstation version even had some odd cuts--the endings of course, and the music, which never played during matches any longer.

Some classic WrestleMania Arcade action, complete with an ending!

So the Undertaker was the WWF's version of Shang Tsung?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps7u7DX29l8

WrestleMania (Genesis Version), Sega CD, Royal Rumble, and Raw (32X version!) finishers.

And...

A bunch of the promo segments from Warzone

And the rest

I know the Ahmed ones were in circulation but I don't think these other ones were.

The much rumoured fatality from WM: Arcade

That's not a Canadian Destroyer, just a Sunset Flip.

Michaels was one of the best in that game. I love the Van Damme juggle kick, the scissor kick, the ranas, and as you can see in the vids, the STOMP!!! which you can combo with.

Oh, and I can do all those moves/combos. They're actually very easy.

The Super combos can't be broken normally once initiated, but there are some normal grab combos you can do that are pretty vicious. I love the Ramon blade slice/sky high piledriver one myself. You saw the headbutt one Michaels did.

Yokozuna gorilla press / toss out of the ring is top tier.

I had a great game of NCAA '05 today with, of all teams, Harvard and Yale. A high scoring, back and forth first quarter followed by a field position battle until the 4th when I (as Yale) pulled away with 14 unanswered points.

Edited by KingPK

Anyone see this before? Is it any good?

http://www.destructoid.com/20-portable-80-...ans-29861.phtml

The game selection seems not so bad--instead of the same old Genesis stuff you have apparently Game Gear/Master System...

But I'd assume probably the actual product itself (the controls, durability, etc.) are probably crap though. Coleco you'd think would be a good name--but it could have just been somebody who bought up the name.

Game listing here: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/blog/index.ph...gear-is-reborn/

Alex Kidd in Miracle World is great. In fact, I just beat it a couple of hours ago. It ends with a freakin' puzzle rather than a boss fight, though. That's wacky.

A lot of those other games suck. The SMS port of Altered Beast would qualify as one of the worst things ever if the NES version wasn't somehow worse.

I'd assume it was Tengen who made it. They made decent NES versions of Afterburner and Tetris (In fact, their Tetris > Nintendo's), but their take on Shinobi sucked too.

EDIT: Nope--Asmik made it. Hm, go fig.

But I'm somewhat amazed that somebody could make Altered Beast suck even more than it already does. I guess that entails it playing the same but not having digitized sound and decent graphics.

Target is having some markdowns this week.

According to the new circular, this week you can Call of Duty Big Red One, PS2/XBox Godfather, PS2/Gamecube Over the Hedge, Marvel Nemesis (PS2), Socom 2 (PS2), Mortal Kombat Armageddon (PS2), Sly 3, Happy Feet (PS2/Gamecube), Fight Night Round 3 (Xbox, PS2) and Shrek Smash n' Crash (PS2/Gamecube) for $16 each.

Yeah, it's mostly garbage, but just in case anyone actually cares. :)

"Tengen was a video game publisher and developer that was created by arcade game manufacturer Atari Games. After Nintendo nearly single-handedly revived the market in the United States, Atari Games realized that there was still money to be made in home video games after all. Since Atari Corp. was already involved in the home video game market with the 2600 Jr., 7800, and XEGS game consoles, Atari Games chose to create a new brand name to market their games under. They also chose to make games for the market-leading Nintendo Entertainment System rather than introduce a new home console of their own. The new subsidiary was dubbed "Tengen", which in the Japanese game Go refers to the central point of the board. (The word "Atari" comes from the same game.)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tengen_%28company%29

Oh, and this is what Altered Beast looked like on the NES:

ablevel1rv7.gif