TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

PS1 images are much, much larger than 16-bit or earlier images, so you don't see them for download on random ROM sites like you do for SNES, Genesis, etc. You could try newsgroups or other P2P if BT is no good.

Alright, so I just brought my 360 to school. I've tried hooking my Xbox to Xbox live, but I can't, and I'm wondering why? The IP address, and DNS work, and then when it gets to MTU it fails?

Is this a problem with my school's network basically..and there's nothing I can do about it? What I got from it, is that it's not fast enough or something..I'm not sure. Is there anything I can do about it?

Sounds like a firewall issue, school networks like to block all kinds of ports and what not.

thinking about it, for us to log on to the internet, we have to input a login/pass into CleanAccess Agent. If it is a firewall issue or anything, I'm guessing that's it. Do you know if there's any option or anything under system settings where I might be able to put it in manually? (I know PS2 had a way to input a login) Or will that probaly not do anything, even if I can?

Here's another "name that Playstation game" from an OPSM demo I played long ago, simply because this has been stuck in my head for hours now:

You were cast as a protagonist that cruised around dim-lit streets in police vehicles. I don't know if you were actually an officer or not, but you did chase around criminals. It was a futuristic cop game, but it definitely wasn't "G Police", since it was an all-aerial game. One thing it boasted was these sick graphics that were pretty advanced for the time ('98-'99)

Any ideas?

So I found tons of PS1 emulators, but no ROMs. I want to play FFVII finally, and an actual copy of the game is far too expensive. I have one of those Radioshack adapters so I can use my PS1 controllers on PC...

But yeah. ROMs?

How much would you pay for a copy, out of curiosity?

You can get the greatest hits version of FFVII for a decent price. The original version goes for over $100 on ebay. I've been trying to wrap my head around that one, since the original doesn't offer any gameplay advantage over the greatest hits version, as far as I know. And the original sold millions of copies, so it's not exactly a rare item.

Even if a game isn't "rare", extreme demand can ramp the 2ndhand market up big time.

Less extreme examples can be seen in the SNES AAA RPGs. Chrono Trigger and FF3(6) aren't exactly rare, but everyone wants/wanted them years after release.

If I went back in time, PS1 RPGs would be the best things to buy. SuikodenII is like $100 in polayable condition. Bought it for 20. Valkyrie profile's the same. I can't believe FFVII is that much, they printed tons of that game.

Either way, I probably play all of those more than the multitude of RPGS I bought for PS2 and never finished. The Wroking designs games have to be worth a shitload. I've got the Lunars, Arc the Lad collection (sucking Diek, WHY?) and Growlanser collection.

In summary I've spent entirely too much time on RPGs, and FFVI is still the best.

Maybe when the PSP touch-up presumably makes the story make at least a damn bit of sense, perhaps.

Those asshats at Konami need to bring Suikoden 1 and 2 on PSP over here. Ports/upgrades of high-demand PS1 RPGs would be worth the purchase of the system. Hell, I already own VP PSP for that inevitable day comes when I can justify the purchase of the system.

The Suikoden series is one that could have gone on for infinity. I played through Suikoden III, and then tried IV and gave up. It was like Wind Waker with random battles.

Suikoden II had such a fucking badass storyline. Luca and Jowy Blight are easily in the top three videogame villains with Kefka. Ghalleon's probably fourth.

Guest Smues
Maybe when the PSP touch-up presumably makes the story make at least a damn bit of sense, perhaps.

Those asshats at Konami need to bring Suikoden 1 and 2 on PSP over here. Ports/upgrades of high-demand PS1 RPGs would be worth the purchase of the system. Hell, I already own VP PSP for that inevitable day comes when I can justify the purchase of the system.

The PSP Suikoden collection is indeed quite pimp. I'd love them to port it in English, but if they don't that's ok due to the region freeness of the system. And yes, I bought the Suikoden collection before I had owned a PSP.

Has anybody else tried out the Universal Fighting System CCG? It's like Magic: The Gathering with a fighting game theme. I've been playing it for a few weeks now. The battle system is pretty complex and it's been a nice change-up since I haven't been able to get back into M:TG ever since I quit around the time 7th Edition came around.

So I found tons of PS1 emulators, but no ROMs. I want to play FFVII finally, and an actual copy of the game is far too expensive. I have one of those Radioshack adapters so I can use my PS1 controllers on PC...

But yeah. ROMs?

How much would you pay for a copy, out of curiosity?

No more than $30. It was readily available for $15 as a GH title a few years back, but since Advent Children was released, it's next to impossible to find a copy that doesn't cost at least as much as a 360 game.

I'm having a lot of fun playing Shining Force again...when it came out in 93, I rented it and didn't care at all for it, but 13 years later, I'm having a blast. It can be a tad frustrating, especially moving around during battles, but I'm liking it.

I've busted out Extreme Warfare Revenge again.

Is there any recently updated data packs for this?

The one I have, CM Punk is in TNA and Abyss is a lower midcarder.

Firstly I'd recommend any of the 3 TEW games over EWR.

That said, this is the most recently updated database for EWR:

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/independent.../totheedge.html

Guest Smues

Has anyone downloaded the Knights of the Nine Expansion for Oblivion for the 360? Is it worth the 800 points they charge?

Hey, thanks miles for the link.

I thought TEW (as far as I knew there was just one) Was overly complicated for what EWR is.

There was 04 which is damn near impossible to find. 05 is at a "cut price" of $25 and the new one 07 just came out a week or so ago.

It needs more customizability (I know what I want to find, I just wish it was 5x easier and 3x faster to actually FIND it rather than having to fish through menus and tables for 10 minutes. Filters are your friend, for the budding game makers out there)

i've been playing the WoW 10 day trial (the office space commercial worked), and i'm getting addicted. I'm tempted to go ahead and subscribe for a few months, since i won't have to buy the game (apparently you can just upgrade your trial client or some such thing).

The rumored new Xbox 360 is real. So much for a price drop, but at least it's getting that update.

What is the new 360 you speak of and why do I feel like I just wasted 350 on purchasing one last week.

Larger HDD and HDMI support. It's almost certainly going to cost more, so it's not like you got ripped-off by buying one of the older ones.

If this is true, then would one be right in assuming that Microsoft might begin to sell higher capacity HD's for the current 360s out there, or am I just being foolish?