TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2005 Bored's College Football Pick 'Em Contest

2005 Bored’s College Football Pick ‘Em Contest

It’s never too early to start sign ups for the new season. A very quick reminder on how things work. Each week you will be matched up against another poster and have to pick the winner’s from college football games being played that week. Including making picks for games there will be two tiebreaker questions based on the Thursday and Friday ESPN games that week. The schedule for each team and the games that you makes picks for are chosen by me. The regular season is 13 weeks long and there will be conference championship games and bowl games. Like last year the winner of the contest will win $50 cash from me, Vern Gagne taking the money last year.

As you all remember in the first season I put together a mock BCS (Bored Championship Series) poll. It produced some bizarre results but in the end proved successful in putting the two best teams against each other for the title game. This year I’ve tweaked the system slightly. The formula still consists of your ranking in win/loss record, correct picks pct., and correct picks against pct. (aka strength of schedule). This year though I’ve made strength of schedule only worth 10% of the formula. I realized since you have no control over who you play, since I put the schedule together, it was unfair to weight it evenly with the other two factors. But I will still weigh win/loss and correct pick % evenly at 45% each.

Now everybody who participated the entire season last year has been reserved a spot. If you are going to participate this year please either post in this thread or PM me. You can change schools that you represent if you’d like but it must be one that is currently not taken. There are currently one open spots available and anyone is free to take those spots and choose any school they’d like. For scheduling purposes I’ve designated real life conferences for each four conferences that I’d like making up that conference. If you change schools I may have to switch what conference you are in if need be.

Teams will be listed in bold when the poster signs up. Conference aligments are subject to change.

Pac-8 (Pac-10/Mountain West/WAC)

Arizona State – Spicy McHaggis

Hawaii – Will Scarlet

Oregon – nogoodnick

San Diego State - Porter

Stanford - Bored

UCLA – phoenixrising

USC – Cartman

Washington State – bravesfan

Big MAC (Big Ten/MAC)

Buffalo - Black Widow

Illinois - Matt Young

Kent State – JHawk PM

Minnesota – Vern Gagne

Northwestern - Kingofthe909

Notre Dame – Lando Griffin PM

Ohio State – Gert T PM

Penn State – therealworldschampion

Mid South (SEC/Big XII/C-USA)

Alabama – AlwaysPissedOff

Auburn – Agent of Oblivion

Florida – Agent Bond34

LSU – teke184

Nebraska - CarnivalizComing

Oklahoma – Damaramu

South Carolina - Cuban Linx

Tennessee – Kotzenjunge

Texas A&M - Secret Agent

Big Atlantic (ACC/Big East/Sun Belt)

Connecticut - DragonLordKaiba

Florida International - Vitamin X

Georgia Tech - iggymcfly

Maryland – MarvinisaLunatic

Miami – Spaceman Spiff

Rutgers – the pinjockey

Syracuse – CanadianChris

Troy - Angel Grace Blue

Virginia – Edwin MacPhisto

I'll ejaculate in your eye socket, you hundred-dollar-handshake havin'-ass Volunteer.  We're a classy team.

I'll fuckin'... fuckin'... put a bent up hanger on the stove, and leave it there for like a half an hour, then stick it in yo' ass slow like sssssssssssss!

Yeah, I'm back, and since I won't get screwed over by not being there the first few weeks this year, I should be going all the way.

However, I would like to switch teams this year. (Fuck Bowling Green.) If it's possible, I'll move to the Big Atlantic conference and represent Georgia Tech.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I want Auburn just so I can romp all over Patrick's punk ass again.

I'll still take new sign ups after the final open spot is filled just in case not every holdover signs up again this year. If the interest is there I'll expand the number of posters in the contest.