WWE begin the releases

Guest MideonMark

* Mark Jindrak

* Maven

* Shannon Moore

* James Yun (Akio)

* David Heath

* Billy Kidman

Meh, aside from Akio, who they were using horribly anyway, none of those releases bother me at all. I am surprised that Mr Torrie Wilson was released though.

Guest jumpingbombangel
* Mark Jindrak

* Maven

* Shannon Moore

* James Yun (Akio)

* David Heath

* Billy Kidman

Meh, aside from Akio, who they were using horribly anyway, none of those releases bother me at all. I am surprised that Mr Torrie Wilson was released though.

None of these are very surprising but I'm sure there's more to come. Kidman is constantly injured but set for life as long as Torrie keeps bringing home the bacon, so it's all good.

Gangrel was still around...?

While these are not out of the relm of possibility, please cite a source.

PWInsider is reporting it.

I'm guessing they put Gangrel under contract when they had him come in for the Undertaker appearance. Congrats to Gangrel for scoring six months or so of pay for doing nothing.

It's about time Jindrak, Maven, and Kidman got let go. I was willing to give Jindrak more than a few chances, but aside from that Basham Velocity match, he's done nothing of note.

Moore and Akio both weren't doing much, especially Moore. It'll be nice to see both of them work the indies, although Moore has a reputation for being a complete dick so who knows.

Guest *KNK*

I'm slightly saddened to see AKIO go but not really. Jimmy Yang could excel in TNA's X division or ROH or internationally.

Mark Jindrak isn't surprising considering they stopped making the effort after the split from Angle.

So that means NONE of the NBT are currently employeed by WWE correct?

Kidman is mildly shocking just because he's Mr. Wilson but i think it's more of a test to see how Torrie reacts. If she gets upset or throws a tantrum; they may just as easily push her out as well.

They got what they wanted out of her, two playboy shoots.

Maven only confirms Tough Enough is never coming back as that was his idenity and he will never escape it.

No TEer really has enjoyed success. Maven went nowhere and career highlight is drop kicking UT out of the rumble in 2002. Jackie is simply a diva. Nidia tried to wrestle which was her mistake. Nowinski had to retire. Puder has vanished and I doubt will ever be used as the TE winner if at all and will go down as the biggest monumental waste of $$$ in WWE history from a wrestling standpoint(xfl and wbf and movies aren't included). Matt Morgan hasn't done nething and isn't even a known as a TEer.

Johnny Nitro is the only moderate success thus far, while Matt Cappotelli continues to wait to get called up.

Moore won't be missed. I wasn't aware they re-signed Gangrel to a contract.

Nothing major and i dont think its over yet.

Guest jumpingbombangel

Possible cannon fodder:

Chris Nowinski (not doing anything for the company but political PR bullshit)

Val Venis (no point of keeping him, typecast 4 life)

Rob Conway (unless you team him with Dupree, get rid of this deadweight)

Tyson Tomko (Christian's on Smackdown now, this parasite lost its host)

Dawn Marie (baby?)

Scotty 2 Hotty (just go already, damn)

Puder has vanished and I doubt will ever be used as the TE winner if at all and will go down as the biggest monumental waste of $$$ in WWE history from a wrestling standpoint(xfl and wbf and movies aren't included).

Mark Henry.

Guest *KNK*
Possible cannon fodder:

Chris Nowinski (not doing anything for the company but political PR

bullshit)

Dawn Marie (baby?)

Vince likely loves being able to brag about having a Harvard graduate with honors on his roster and Nowinski is excellent for PR and really is the head of the political division of WWE. Nowinski isn't likely under employment as "wrestler" but now "office".

Val Venis of all the people on the list of yours, DOES have a purpose. He is WWE's modern Brooklyn Brawler. An over known person who can work as heel or face and be used to gauge the potential of the wrestlers in try-outs.

Rob Conway isn't dead weight. The man can straight out fucking work. Greiner and Dupree are the dead weight

Tomko will likely get one more chance to attach himself to another mid-carder to see if he can still work there. They didn't hire him to be a wrestler; he was hired because he is a convincing bodyguard. I think he survives this round of cuts.

Dawn Marie, better to just let her have the baby and fire her later. Firing a pregant woman is never safe. for potential lawsuit to straight up negative reactions. She's getting paid low on the scale as it is, she isnt a neccesity to fire.

S2H has avoided cuts for the last 6 years; why be cut now?

Don't know if I like some of the releases to much. I know I was in the minority, but I actually thought Maven could be a "star". His week of management after Survivor Series, where he was 'pimped out' and was being persuaded to join Evo, I enjoyed his part, and thought he'd actually make a decent fit in Evo. While not good in the ring persay, I always liked Maven.

And like others, I always thought Akio had fucking awesome matches, and he could have been a top contender for the CW title.

Possible cannon fodder:

Chris Nowinski (not doing anything for the company but political PR bullshit)

Dawn Marie (baby?)

Venis is going to stick around, the guy has just been on fire and is having good matches with everyone. Doesn't hurt to have a guy on hand who can make anyone look good (look at his match against Masters). Conway's probably the guy with the best look out of all the OVW Originals so he stays. Tomko still has hoss size. Scotty has seniority.

I don't see many more cuts until Heat and Velocity disappear.

Nice, I can trim down the "2005 WWE Win-Loss Records" page...

Which is quite updated and fun! *cheap plug*

Seriously, though...why bother announcing Jindrak in a trade (I think they did), if only to cut him?

I'm sad to see Akio and Kidman go. Yes, I said Kidman. I've always liked the guy. Yes, he's bland, but I've always found him to be a good / capable worker.

Here's hoping that Stevie Richards survives yet again.

Guest *KNK*
I'm sad to see Akio and Kidman go.  Yes, I said Kidman.  I've always liked the guy.  Yes, he's bland, but I've always found him to be a good / capable worker.

oh don't worry. stevie's safe. for now

Guest jumpingbombangel
Vince likely loves being able to brag about having a Harvard graduate with honors on his roster and Nowinski is excellent for PR and really is the head of the political division of WWE. Nowinski isn't likely under employment as "wrestler" but now "office".

Val Venis of all the people on the list of yours, DOES have a purpose. He is WWE's modern Brooklyn Brawler. An over known person who can work as heel or face and be used to gauge the potential of the wrestlers in try-outs.

Rob Conway isn't dead weight. The man can straight out fucking work. Greiner and Dupree are the dead weight

Tomko will likely get one more chance to attach himself to another mid-carder to see if he can still work there. They didn't hire him to be a wrestler; he was hired because he is a convincing bodyguard.  I think he survives this round of cuts.

Dawn Marie, better to just let her have the baby and fire her later. Firing a pregant woman is never safe. for potential lawsuit to straight up negative reactions. She's getting paid low on the scale as it is, she isnt a neccesity to fire.

S2H has avoided cuts for the last 6 years; why be cut now?

Val Venis hasn't been over in a while. OK, so Nowinski's safe since he's an office boy, then. Rob Conway is nowhere near over and the "he can work" argument has no place in a WWE conversation and you know that. Akio can work and he got shitcanned.

Tomko doesn't need another chance, and I'd hate to see Dawn Marie go during an ECW revival but that's 9 months on TV without her unless they want to use this pregnancy as an angle (not to mention the time afterward...is Dawn going to spend any time with this kid?) Scotty 2 Hotty needs to stop dodging his inevitable pink slip and the WWE folks need to stop being so nice to wrestlers that people just don't give a damn about anymore.

...the hell is Grenier still doing under contract?!

Guest jumpingbombangel
I'm sad to see Akio and Kidman go.  Yes, I said Kidman.  I've always liked the guy.  Yes, he's bland, but I've always found him to be a good / capable worker.

Barring any bizarre hotel incidents I think many ECW alumni are safe at least until the ride of nostalgia is done.

Didn't some sheet source say that this round of cuts is based on who's been working the hardest to get themselves over? If that's the case then they need to clear out more dead weight in the developmental territories too, because some of those bastards have been there since 2002 and have never seen the light of Raw.

Me, too, but I'm more pissed that Akio was let go. A full-on Akio/London feud would have been fantastic. I liked heel Kidman, but there's been rumblings that he was thinking about retiring due to his recent string of injuries, so this probably makes it easier for him.

Guest Thrashist

It's interesting how of the 'WCW 24' that were carried over in 2001, only Stacy, Hurricane, and Cha--Kerwin White remain, with Demott as commentator. And Booker and Torrie are the only others from the WCW side, period. What a shame it is that from buying out the #2 company, the only person the E could make some money off of was their world champion. Not so much WWE's fault as it is failed potential and/or roster.

Guest Ransome

I'm disappointed they never get the chance to follow the Paul London vs Billy Kidman feud through to it's natural conclusion. As it was happening, I thought for sure that would be the angle that made London a star, along with being the only interesting storyline Kidman had been involved in since 2001.

WWE doesn't like to admit defeat easily, but their release of Maven seems to suggest that they're conceding that the original three Tough Enoughs were a waste. It's interesting that Jackie Gayda still remains on the roster, and most likely will remain; in fact, her hiring as a diva rather than a wrestler was probably a direct precursor to the Diva Search.