TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MideonMark

WWE begin the releases

I'd rather Nidia be in WWE than Jackie. That girl had the right spunk to be an actual force at ringside, she had character, something different. They never should have ended the Noble/Nidia relationship. :(

Guest Neon

As far as Janetty goes, who knows? Maybe it will still happen. There's no word as to whether they are done with the firings or not. These firings were bound to happen sooner or later with WWE constantly signing people likee CM Punk, the Mexicools, and a number of developmental workers. Plus, it looks like Kid Kash has been signed and there's the possibility of them hiring more ECW guys and there are rumors of Brian Danielson as well.

Maven had talent that WWE never truly utilized. He's the biggest loss on that list.

I'd say, "there goes the cruiserweight division", but WWE has barely actually used Kidman, Moore, or Akio for the division, outside of maybe a titles shot on a random SD/Velocity.

Really, I'm only disappointed with Akio and Maven. Akio for the same reasons everyone has before me, and Maven's heel run was kind of growing on me.

Guest Rrrsh

Maven easily could have been an important role in WWE.

If Velocity truly does get cut, I dont feel as bad that Akio is gone. But he is an awesome B show guy.

Kidman is a perfect Tag wrestler, so I am mad he is gone.

Whatever to Jinjrak and Moore

When WWE pretty much said he sucked too much, in-ring, to have a competitive match with Shelton, I just knew that that Maven was going to be cut eventually.

Akio's gonna be ok and maybe a little better off in the indies. He'll make a good addition to TNA's X-Division and ROH will undoubtably want him. He might end up making more money working the indies than in WWE.

Gangrel was still part of the roster? That surprised me the most.

Kidman, Moore, and Jindrak are fucked when it comes to a future in wrestling outside of WWE. I mean, would any of you really want to see an indy show headlined by "Former WWE Superstar, Billy Kidman/Shannon Moore/Mark Jindrak"? At least Kidman has his wife to mooch off of. For a while anyways.

Add Spike Dudley and Kevin "Mordecai" Fertig to the list. Poor Spike, I always loved his work. Oh well, at least he got one big run in the top promotion.

The fact that Spike only weighed 150 lbs and lasted four years is pretty impressive.

With the ECW nostalgia the way it's going, he can probably do well on the indies.

Fertig and Cornette didn't get along, so that was to be expected.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dudleyz cut eventually. Vince doesn't look like he's bringing them back to WWE television anytime soon.

Since the Dudleyz used the name in ECW, does that mean their eligible to use it in the indies?

Yea, without the Dudley name, they'd be kinda fucked.

Spike's first match was jobbing to Lita, and he lasted 4 years. Impressive.

The 6 remaining cruserweights (on Smackdown!):

Paul London

The Mexicools (Juvi, Super Crazy, Psychosis)

Nunzio

Scotty 2 Hotty

I won't count Rey. So I guess London will be befriending Nunzio and S2H to battle the Mexicools.

Guest *KNK*

Im shocked that Spike was cut with the ECW nostalgia and all but I guess they figure they can easily bring him back if they do something with it but otherwise they have Paul London to do outrageous bumps.

Fertig was a sitting duck.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dudleyz cut eventually. Vince doesn't look like he's bringing them back to WWE television anytime soon.

I was thinking about that just two months ago before I read about them appearing in OVW and showing up at ECW: ONS.

Of course, Vince will probably still release the Dudleyz even after they showed up at ONS, knowing him.

Guest *KNK*
Who would own the rights to the Dudleyz name / gimmick? Vince or Bubba / D'Von / Spike?

Vince does.

Although i guess they could always use 'Dudley Boys' on the indy scene.

I could see Vince allowing The Dudleyz to keep the name for indy shows out of respect but not to use it in TNA.

In face letting Dudleyz go to TNA to potentially face the Hardy Boyz is way to risky.

Bubba and D-Von i dont see getting cut.

Guest *KNK*
Big Dick Dudley got to use his name in XPW, so I guess they probably do control the name.

Big Dick Dudley in XPW wasn't hardly a draw. In fact it wasn't a remote draw. Dudley Boyz in TNA would certainly attract interest.

The Hardy Boyz get lucky and can be called "Hardy Brothers".

D-Von and Bubba unless they completely own the name which i doubt they do would have to use another name to compete in TNA.

I remember reading long ago, in '03, that Akio (Jimmy Yang at the time) had pretty much burnt all his bridges in TNA. Hopefully the Jarretts will give him another chance. That guy can go!

Guest *KNK*

You know this whole "Would The Dudleyz retain the name rights" question makes me wonder how many of the cut wrestlers and other people on the potential block would be able to keep their identity.

Maven? His name is Maven; so he could still use the name.

Akio? No need to keep it because he'd perfer to use his actual name and the name he was known for in Japan; Jimmy Yang.

Gangrel? I don't believe WWE even owns this name but he used the name in the indies didn't he? or at least the gimmick, I want to say Vampire Warrior.

Billy Kidman? Yes.

Mark Jindrak? Yes

Spike Dudley? No. I don't see him getting much work beyond a couple garbage deathmatch indies anyways.

Kevin Fertig? Yes but no Mordecai obviously and why would he want to use it anyways