TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MideonMark

WWE begin the releases

Guest jumpingbombangel

Just to show you how the shitcanned take their shitcanning, courtesy of the forums at spikedudley.net (damn I love this guy forever):

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in more ways than one. First, yes I'm gone from the WWE. Does it sting? Hell, yeah. Especially since I've always been one of their "model" employees. It makes sense that I was released, I don't bitch, moan, groan or suck. I just didn't fit in with what the WWE puts on tv. No, I'm only kidding(but not really). It was my turn and that's the nature of the beast. The WWE is a sinking ship. Cursed by owning 100% of the industry, I can see how they couldn't afford my outrageous salary in these times of number crunching. Hey, they gave me a great oppurtunity and maybe I didn't make the most of it. That's life. At first I was pissed, but I woke up this morning feeling, I don't know, alive. Check this out, this morning I woke up and visioned having a wrestling match without a script. I visioned going to an arena and actually having fun again. I visioned not having to go to the hospital after being hurt by a "future" WWE superstar who may look good but have the wrestling ability of a dead walrus. I visioned pitching an angle without having to get approval from writers who 6 years ago were buying ECW tickets and making signs(it's true). Hell, I visioned blading!!! I really don't want to burn bridges(if I haven't already) and all that, but that company sucks the life out of you and then spits you out. Enough on them.

I want to love wreslting again. I want to be passionate about the business. It's been so good to me, I want to give back. I don't know how yet, but it will happen.

Right now, I'm going to chill. I've got some time to sit back and re-evaluate life, smell some roses and get my head straight. I doubt you've seen the last of me. And if anything it's a blessing. Nothing sucks worse than working for a company that doesn't respect you. Paul E.(God bless him) proved that to me. Now I don't have to worry about it.

Aw yeah.

Charlie Haas just wasn't over, and wasn't worth what they were paying him. There's been a running joke in the back that when you're music plays, and you come out, and the crowd just stares blankly at you, you're getting the Haas pop. Unless TNA makes him an offer, he's probobly going to get away from pro wrestling.

I am in total shock over this one, and that reasoning as well. Charlie Haas is way more capable of a wrestler than most of their main event. Also, what did they expect the crowd to do when they don't bother to give him any kind of a charater? If the writting team doesn't give Benjamin a charater or something to do pretty soon he'll be next by this logic.

Also, if Haas isn't worth what they're paying him, why hasn't Mark henry been cut?

Guest Askewniverse

So, Jindrak and Suzuki were part of the "blockbuster trade," then they get released. That makes sense.

I think Grenier is gonna get released. There isn't much use for him on SmackDown.

Charlie Haas just wasn't over, and wasn't worth what they were paying him. There's been a running joke in the back that when you're music plays, and you come out, and the crowd just stares blankly at you, you're getting the Haas pop. Unless TNA makes him an offer, he's probobly going to get away from pro wrestling.

I am in total shock over this one, and that reasoning as well. Charlie Haas is way more capable of a wrestler than most of their main event. Also, what did they expect the crowd to do when they don't bother to give him any kind of a charater? If the writting team doesn't give Benjamin a charater or something to do pretty soon he'll be next by this logic.

Also, if Haas isn't worth what they're paying him, why hasn't Mark henry been cut?

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...dpost&p=1924736

Dawn Marie's contract was bought out. WWE doesn't have much use for her in the role in which they normally use women, with her being pregnant.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........

Guest news_gimmick
Just to show you how the shitcanned take their shitcanning, courtesy of the forums at spikedudley.net (damn I love this guy forever):

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in more ways than one. First, yes I'm gone from the WWE. Does it sting? Hell, yeah. Especially since I've always been one of their "model" employees. It makes sense that I was released, I don't bitch, moan, groan or suck. I just didn't fit in with what the WWE puts on tv. No, I'm only kidding(but not really). It was my turn and that's the nature of the beast. The WWE is a sinking ship. Cursed by owning 100% of the industry, I can see how they couldn't afford my outrageous salary in these times of number crunching. Hey, they gave me a great oppurtunity and maybe I didn't make the most of it. That's life. At first I was pissed, but I woke up this morning feeling, I don't know, alive. Check this out, this morning I woke up and visioned having a wrestling match without a script. I visioned going to an arena and actually having fun again. I visioned not having to go to the hospital after being hurt by a "future" WWE superstar who may look good but have the wrestling ability of a dead walrus. I visioned pitching an angle without having to get approval from writers who 6 years ago were buying ECW tickets and making signs(it's true). Hell, I visioned blading!!! I really don't want to burn bridges(if I haven't already) and all that, but that company sucks the life out of you and then spits you out. Enough on them.

I want to love wreslting again. I want to be passionate about the business. It's been so good to me, I want to give back. I don't know how yet, but it will happen.

Right now, I'm going to chill. I've got some time to sit back and re-evaluate life, smell some roses and get my head straight. I doubt you've seen the last of me. And if anything it's a blessing. Nothing sucks worse than working for a company that doesn't respect you. Paul E.(God bless him) proved that to me. Now I don't have to worry about it.

Aw yeah.

I love it, that is how a lot of the veterans who get released should feel. Good for him.

That was a great read by Spike. :)

I know about Mark Henry's 10 year deal and that he can't really be let go. I just wasn't sure when it would finally end.

Just wait and see WWE re-sign the guy next year.

Guest *KNK*

This is a pretty historic day.

Nearly 1/3 of the roster was fired in one day and Brock Lesnar returned in the same day.

I wonder if there's a deadline for this sort of thing, or if it could go on all day. I'm guessing it all has to happen during regular business hours, etc.

Vivisectvi, posting that link still doesn't mean Henry is more worth it than Haas. Hell, the dude has more ability than their current World Heavyweight ChampioN!

I realize and agree with that - I was merely posting that link so you could see WHY he hasn't been canned.

I wonder if there's a deadline for this sort of thing, or if it could go on all day. I'm guessing it all has to happen during regular business hours, etc.

Since there's no union and these guys are "independent contractors", they can be fired at any time.

Since there's no union and these guys are "independent contractors", they can be fired at any time.

Really? Wouldn't the appropriate people have to be around at "Titan Towers" to sign the papers and all that jazz?

As a side note - I seem to imagine working at the WWE offices being exactly like Office Space...

Really? Wouldn't the appropriate people have to be around at "Titan Towers" to sign the papers and all that jazz?

As a side note - I seem to imagine working at the WWE offices being exactly like Office Space...

I assume they have all the paperwork filled out, they're just giving the guys the courtesy of phoning them up first before they slap the names up on WWE.com. Bischoff infamously would fire people by Fed-Ex sometimes.

Also, the higher ups in WWE as far as the wrestling side of things work a lot longer weeks than just "business hours".

Guest *KNK*

Im sure they have an automatic voice machine calling random wrestlers cell phone informing them they are fired.

I want someone to show up backstage (who got fired) at the next show and go " who am i working with tonight? huh? what message?"

Hey at least the wrestling world is rid of Kenzo Suzuki. I'm sorry but you can't convince me a guy who does a claw hold as a finisher is ever going to get over. Still, it's at least a finisher...which is more than what Carlito has.

I bow down to the brilliance of Mark Henry. The guy has been getting paid for jack shit since 1996. That said, after next year he should be sooooo fucking released.

I'm not upset about any of this. Every 5 years or so promotions need to refresh and bring in new people, fire stale jobbers, etc. If there was still a WCW no one would care since half these guys would show up on Nitro next week.

By the way, allow me to shine some light on OVW: Hardly anyone is any good on there. It's not like there's some magic suck pill they take when they come to WWE. The Carlito with no moveset you see now is the same guy I saw on OVW who had no in ring skills. Heidenreich sucked on there, ditto Morgan, ditto Hassan/Magnus, ditto Bashams. Hell, the best two matches I've ever seen on OVW were Al Snow vs. Nick Dinsmore (which shouldn't count as OVW since Snow is an actual wrestler) and a wild hardcore brawl with Trailer Park Trash vs. Flash Flannagan.

There are a few guys who have improved since their OVW days like Shelton, Batista, etc. But for the most part, these guys suck.

Guest drdrainoscott

Regarding why wrestlers can be cut at any time, it is my understanding that written into every contract is a sort of monthly cycle deal, where once a month WWE officials can "evaluate" the talent and decide to terminate the contracts if they see fit. I think the window that WWE has to do this is short (only a few days or so) and if notice hasn't been given in those days, the wrestler gets to stick around for another month. This may not be exactly correct, but more or less that is the system that is used.

Guest *KNK*
Hey at least the wrestling world is rid of Kenzo Suzuki.  I'm sorry but you can't convince me a guy who does a claw hold as a finisher is ever going to get over.  Still, it's at least a finisher...which is more than what Carlito has.

I bow down to the brilliance of Mark Henry.  The guy has been getting paid for jack shit since 1996.  That said, after next year he should be sooooo fucking released.

Brilliance? Bow to the stupidity of WWE and the fact Mark Henry was smart enough to get injured over and over that way wouldn't be reduced to being embarassed again.

If they could find a loophole, they would have found it by now. They only got one more year to pay him off. Which is why he basically sits @ home.

Hey at least the wrestling world is rid of Kenzo Suzuki.  I'm sorry but you can't convince me a guy who does a claw hold as a finisher is ever going to get over.  Still, it's at least a finisher...which is more than what Carlito has.

I bow down to the brilliance of Mark Henry.  The guy has been getting paid for jack shit since 1996.  That said, after next year he should be sooooo fucking released.

I'm not upset about any of this.  Every 5 years or so promotions need to refresh and bring in new people, fire stale jobbers, etc.  If there was still a WCW no one would care since half these guys would show up on Nitro next week.

By the way, allow me to shine some light on OVW:  Hardly anyone is any good on there.  It's not like there's some magic suck pill they take when they come to WWE.  The Carlito with no moveset you see now is the same guy I saw on OVW who had no in ring skills.  Heidenreich sucked on there, ditto Morgan, ditto Hassan/Magnus, ditto Bashams.  Hell, the best two matches I've ever seen on OVW were Al Snow vs. Nick Dinsmore (which shouldn't count as OVW since Snow is an actual wrestler) and a wild hardcore brawl with Trailer Park Trash vs. Flash Flannagan.

There are a few guys who have improved since their OVW days like Shelton, Batista, etc.  But for the most part, these guys suck.

You quite obviously don't watch OVW.

Guest *KNK*

On Charlie Haas from his official site:

Charlie and Jackie would like to thank all of the fans who have supported them over the years. Even though they are no longer wrestling with WWE any longer they will still be very involved with wrestling, whether it be overseas, ROH or independents. Be sure you keep checking JackieGayda.com and HaasOfPain.com for more information on where they will be wrestling next!

Guest jumpingbombangel

Charlie and Jackie would like to thank all of the fans who have supported them over the years. Even though they are no longer wrestling with WWE any longer they will still be very involved with wrestling, whether it be overseas, ROH or independents. Be sure you keep checking JackieGayda.com and HaasOfPain.com for more information on where they will be wrestling next!

I'm glad they're taking it well, too. That's sad they got fired a month after they got married. I wonder if WWE creative was at the wedding (seeing as they don't do shit else anyway).

Guest *KNK*

I'm glad they're taking it well, too. That's sad they got fired a month after they got married. I wonder if WWE creative was at the wedding (seeing as they don't do shit else anyway).

What could be smart is Charlie waiving his 90 day clause thus he can jump right into ROH and still be able to make dues off Jackie's payment.

One of the perks of being fired the same day with your spouse in the sports entertainment world.

I'm sure Jackie will find work in modeling or fitness.

You know what would be awesome? If they worked that Triple H was one of the released and did all this breaking news shit, then have an interview about how he hasn't been on the show much and he was given the chance more than enough to appear and he keeps leaving for long periods of time. It would explain why his character wont be on TV for a while, and will make people start talking like "Are Stephanie and him getting a divorce?" and stuff like that.

Guest *KNK*
You know what would be awesome? If they worked that Triple H was one of the released and did all this breaking news shit, then have an interview about how he hasn't been on the show much and he was given the chance more than enough to appear and he keeps leaving for long periods of time. It would explain why his character wont be on TV for a while, and will make people start talking like "Are Stephanie and him getting a divorce?" and stuff like that.

I doubt for a second anyone would buy it.

I am sure it has been said on this thread already, but they have to find the money some where to pay the usless divas.