TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MideonMark

WWE begin the releases

I used to use a soundclip of the actual George answering machine for my family's house line. Needless to say my parents' friends who called were confused.

JoeDirt wins the thread.

Oh, and the Triple H fact and the sidebar changes did not go unnoticed.  Great stuff. :)

Oh damn... I thought the Joy post would have won...

*kicks dirt*

I HATE YOU DIRT! I HATE YOU!

*runs away crying*

why kick Dirt? AndrewTS is the one that said he won the thread

Oh yeah....

*kicks AndrewTS in the nuts*

Now I feel better. :D

The good side of me wants to believe that Vince,as he's said in the past, is doing this to give his core group and the people he believes are his next stars, the chance to run and be featured on all the programs,especially now that the air time will be smaller. I'm sure he just looked at the size of his roster when SCSA was hot and noticed that it was half the size of the current one and logic took over. I know that WCW and ECW had many wrestlers but Vince has said that releasing the extra guys will give them a chance to work and make money elsewhere. The only thing that bugs me is when they have no-compete clauses that keep them on the sidelines for months effectively killing their heat...could you imagine if The Dudleys,Maven,Jindrak,Kidman,Matt Morgan and Charlie F"N HAAS! all came in together on TNA's first TV show (if it happens). An influx of fresh talent to that promotion with Hardy possibly and a hungry and debt-free Paul Heyman down the road this could really give rise to a new wrestling promotion...and I think that Vince understands that......

I'm sure he just looked at the size of his roster when SCSA was hot and noticed that it was half the size of the current one and logic took over.

Except they have twice as many hours to fill as they did during the 96-99 SCSA boom.

By my count they're only losing 2 hours with the USA deal and now they have the same...8 total hours not counting AfterBurn or whatever that onther recap show is..ahh but you must be counting ECW and WCW right?

By my count they're only losing 2 hours with the USA deal and now they have the same...8 total hours not counting AfterBurn or whatever that onther recap show is..ahh but you must be counting ECW and WCW right?

I meant that from 1996-99, there was just 1-2 hours of Raw, versus now (September 99-Present) when you have 2 hours of Raw+2 hours of Smackdown.

Back then they could have a smaller roster because they had less time to kill, and were also running a lot less PPVs.

I wasn't counting the b-shows, or the competition.

Are all these guys going to have no-complete clauses? Is it possible that with so many releases, agreements, and buyouts that maybe a few got it worked out that they can go to other promotions sooner?

I meant that from 1996-99, there was just 1-2 hours of Raw, versus now (September 99-Present) when you have 2 hours of Raw+2 hours of Smackdown.

Back then they could have a smaller roster because they had less time to kill, and were also running a lot less PPVs.

I wasn't counting the b-shows, or the competition.

I understand now...

Guest NitroJMS

From looking over the remainders of both rosters, there's not much fat left to cut. Both only have about 27 "active wrestlers" as I didn't count the women, announcers, and part timers (Rock, Austin, Foley, etc). on the lists.

On Raw, the only people I can see being let go are Maria, Val, Ivory, Tomko, and perhaps the remainders of La Resistance since neither have been doing much of anything productive and both seem stuck in midcard hell. I'd especially say dump Maria, move Lilian backstage to do interviews again, and let the Fink handle ring announcing again, or is he semi-retired now?

Smackdown can release basically every diva that isn't Torrie at this point. Simon Dean probably isn't too safe over there either.

From looking over the remainders of both rosters, there's not much fat left to cut.  Both only have about 27 "active wrestlers" as I didn't count the women, announcers, and part timers (Rock, Austin, Foley, etc). on the lists.

On Raw, the only people I can see being let go are Maria, Val, Ivory, Tomko, and perhaps the remainders of La Resistance since neither have been doing much of anything productive and both seem stuck in midcard hell.  I'd especially say dump Maria, move Lilian backstage to do interviews again, and let the Fink handle ring announcing again, or is he semi-retired now?

Smackdown can release basically every diva that isn't Torrie at this point.  Simon Dean probably isn't too safe over there either.

You know, I'd actually be kinda bummed to see Maria go. She's a harmless character that doesn't steal a lot of airtime (she's in one segment a week, and even then, her whole function is to set up the wrestler she's interviewing), she's easy on the eyes and she's not that bad at her job. Maybe she really is an airhead for all I know, but whatever the case, she's grown into her role well.

Guest *KNK*
From looking over the remainders of both rosters, there's not much fat left to cut.  Both only have about 27 "active wrestlers" as I didn't count the women, announcers, and part timers (Rock, Austin, Foley, etc). on the lists.

On Raw, the only people I can see being let go are Maria, Val, Ivory, Tomko, and perhaps the remainders of La Resistance since neither have been doing much of anything productive and both seem stuck in midcard hell.  I'd especially say dump Maria, move Lilian backstage to do interviews again, and let the Fink handle ring announcing again, or is he semi-retired now?

Smackdown can release basically every diva that isn't Torrie at this point.  Simon Dean probably isn't too safe over there either.

You know, I'd actually be kinda bummed to see Maria go. She's a harmless character that doesn't steal a lot of airtime (she's in one segment a week, and even then, her whole function is to set up the wrestler she's interviewing), she's easy on the eyes and she's not that bad at her job. Maybe she really is an airhead for all I know, but whatever the case, she's grown into her role well.

They can not cut Maria. Besides Christy and Amy Weber who left, She is the only diva to show a personality. It is a harmless character. Lillian isnt needed anymore, they got the young kid they used last month anyways.

I am serious when i say I would rather see Benjamin and London get cut then Maria.

Mainly because I would rather those two excel in other promotions anyways.

Over the past few weeks, I've really started to like Maria. She could quickly become my favorite woman ("diva", not wrestler) in WWE.

Guest *KNK*
Over the past few weeks, I've really started to like Maria. She could quickly become my favorite woman ("diva", not wrestler) in WWE.

Same here.

She has that infectious charm about her, the type of girl that just wants to be your friend and make you happy and has feelings. I'm sad to realize, it's likely not an act but still.

It's better then bland interviewers like Grisham, she brings the candy and offers opportunties for occasional humor.

Besides you know the inevitable return of the Eugene/Maria segments will just be gold.

Besides you know the inevitable return of the Eugene/Maria segments will just be gold.

Oh god. I can see it now.

Maria: "So Eugene, how did you win the match?"

Eugene: "Well, first I spinned around like an airplane, and then I hulked up just like my third favourite wrestler - did you see that?"

Maria: "What was that Eugene? I lost track of what you said after 'first'..."

[Eugene stares at her boobs]

Eugene: "You're pretty" [sticks finger in his mouth and dances around]

I am serious when i say I would rather see Benjamin and London get cut then Maria.

While I agree that Maria is developing an infectious charm, I wouldn't take my desire to continue to see her THAT far.

Guest nokia

I got this from deathvalleydriver's message board and thought I'd post it here...

TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT......(i.e as rumours) for now

" just got an e-mail from this girl I know who is friends with some career ring rats. She sent me this:

"...I don't know if this has been posted anywhere, but apparently Torrie Wilson has been released. I guess they gave it to her after Billy Kidman was...Also I guess Chris Jericho and Victoria have asked for theirs..I don't know how accurate this is..."

* BTW; It NOT me that's got the email, I just copied & pasted it from dvdriver....

I got this from deathvalleydriver's message board and thought I'd post it here...

" just got an e-mail from this girl I know who is friends with some career ring rats. She sent me this:

"...I don't know if this has been posted anywhere, but apparently Torrie Wilson has been released. I guess they gave it to her after Billy Kidman was...Also I guess Chris Jericho and Victoria have asked for theirs..I don't know how accurate this is..."

* BTW; It NOT me that's got the email, I just copied & pasted it from dvdriver....

Jericho just got put in a program with the WWE Champ, and Victoria was (?) just brought back to TV in a somewhat interesting angle. Seems odd that they'd ask to be released.

Guest nokia

Like I said....take it with a grain of salt...

Rumors are just rumors....

Guest jumpingbombangel

And everyone knows wrestlers tell ring rats the absolute truth about the office while they're pissing in their mouths.

According to Scherer, when The Dudleyz signed in 1999, they had a clause in their agreement that when their WWE deal expires, all rights to their names and gimmick revert back to them, so they can be known as Buh Buh Ray and D'Von The Dudley Boyz at Indy Shows and in TNA.

AN updated list:

*The Dudley boys

* Joy Giovanni

* Kenzo Suzuki

* Matt Morgan

* Charlie Haas

* Jackie Gayda

* Marty Jannetty

* Dawn Marie

* Mark Jindrak

* Maven

* Shannon Moore