TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MideonMark

WWE begin the releases

Guest jm29195

Hows about releasing or at least taking off TV, Hassan and Diaviri, I know they've already cut their segment from the UK SD this week and I for one will be making a point to switch over whenever they are on.... these characters just made me uncomfortable before- now it totally disgusts me that a character like this can be utilized for the purposes of entertainemnt???

Other notes from Scherer:

A big reason for these talent cuts is the loss of Heat and Velocity during the move over to USA. WWE is even considering just ditching the shows starting now and just turning them into an all recap format untill they finally do get the ax.

Jonathan Coachman being added to the announce position on RAW is being done as a mesage to Jerry Lawler, who may or may not have signed his new agreement yet. Lawler is currently making 250k a year, and does considerably less work then Coachman who is paid substantially less.

They aren't cutting people who are on tv, in some sort of angle, so Hassan, Daivari, Jericho and anyone else on tv this week are more than likely safe.

When are Heat and Velocity cancelled? In the move over to USA in October?

Jonathan Coachman being added to the announce position on RAW is being done as a mesage to Jerry Lawler, who may or may not have signed his new agreement yet. Lawler is currently making 250k a year, and does considerably less work then Coachman who is paid substantially less.

My hate for Lawler is greater than for Coach. I hope to God Lawler goes the way of the Dudleys. Coach still sucks, but I've just flat out had it with Lawler.

I think all 3 of them have been considerably less annoying since they started working together. I hope they keep this team for Raw.

Anyway, on the topic of roster cuts... Is there a method in the cutting? Like do they cut x number of people a day between these hours, or is it all just spontaneous?

I think all 3 of them have been considerably less annoying since they started working together. I hope they keep this team for Raw.

Anyway, on the topic of roster cuts... Is there a method in the cutting? Like do they cut x number of people a day between these hours, or is it all just spontaneous?

They cut them as soon as they can contact them, I believe.

Guest Coffey
Hows about releasing or at least taking off TV, Hassan and Diaviri, I know they've already cut their segment from the UK SD this week and I for one will be making a point to switch over whenever they are on.... these characters just made me uncomfortable before- now it totally disgusts me that a character like this can be utilized for the purposes of entertainemnt???

Shut the fuck up. Seriously. It's not that big of a deal. This is the wrestling business, not fucking CSPAN. No one gives a shit was the people in the "rasslin" business do.

No one was clamoring for Sgt. Slaughter to be fired when he became an Iraqi Sympathizer and started lighting mother fuckers on fire.

Guest jm29195
Shut the fuck up. Seriously. It's not that big of a deal. This is the wrestling business, not fucking CSPAN. No one gives a shit was the people in the "rasslin" business do.

Obviously a fair few people do care- due to the attacks the segment has been confirmed as being cut from the Smackdown broadcast that we recieve.... obviously somewhere it is being seen as a big deal- I can't think of anyone over here who would be pleased to see an Arab stereotype and his 'terror cell' choke someone out with piano wire the day after dozens off innocent people have been killded or injured by terrorist explosions......

They aren't cutting people who are on tv, in some sort of angle, so Hassan, Daivari, Jericho and anyone else on tv this week are more than likely safe.

Morgan got cut and he was on the Smackdown tapings this week. I agree that Hassan, Daivari, and Jericho are not going to get cut, but even people that were on TV have been cut.

And do you remember last year when Gail Kim and others were on Raw and then cut the next day or soon after?

Guest jumpingbombangel

Obviously a fair few people do care- due to the attacks the segment has been confirmed as being cut from the Smackdown broadcast that we recieve.... obviously somewhere it is being seen as a big deal- I can't think of anyone over here who would be pleased to see an Arab stereotype and his 'terror cell' choke someone out with piano wire the day after dozens off innocent people have been killded or injured by terrorist explosions......

Agreed. Usually I'm not a pussy when it comes to what they show on TV in regards to terrorism stories (I ranted about this to my friends that bitched about "24" this past year), but today has sucked for the UK and I think they need a break from any more about terrorists or terrorism, fictional or non.

Back on topic, anyone else think the reason they're slow on releases today is because nobody's answering the phone?

Back on topic, anyone else think the reason they're slow on releases today is because nobody's answering the phone?

Maybe the WWE officals are busy setting up a deal with Brock.

Guest heyimbro

akio.jpg

Way to rub salt in their wounds..

EDIT: And now they have a D-Von fact up, that's just evil.

Actually you can probably count on one hand the amount of apearnces on raw or sd this year for any of these people (excluding diva crap). You will hardly even notcie. I knew spike might be in trouble when he stopped appearing on sd alltogether earlier this year.

Wondering if the plan is to merge the rosters?

If woman are considered too old past their 30s then how does Ivory still have a job?

Brock coming back? does this mean we will have to suffer thru the return of Sable as well?

I think vince is just saving money up so he can sign Eminem to be John Cenas manager and Paris Hilton to replace Lillian as raw ring annoucner (Ladies and gentlemen the following match is scheduled for one fall, coming to the ring from somewhere cool I think Austin, Massachussets , hesd like really hot, John Cena.)

No one was clamoring for Sgt. Slaughter to be fired when he became an Iraqi Sympathizer and started lighting mother fuckers on fire.

First of all, how'd you like it if they did an angle on the September 13th, 2001 Smackdown where Steve Austin flew a plane into a building? That wouldn't be so god damn entertaining, would it?

Second, the guy's got a valid point about how Hassan's actions are tasteless. I don't agree that Hassan should be let go (the guy's doing the best with the crappy material the WWE gives him, so its not his fault), but I'll be the first to agree that Hassan is not only not entertaining, but offensive. Don't tell people to "shut the fuck up" because you disagree with their opinion. That's just being a dick.

Third, how the hell do you know what people were clamoring for when Sgt. Slaughter had to play an Iraqi sympathizer? Were you reading internet message boards back then or something? Slaughter was getting death threats, for fuck's sake. That goes WAY past people wanting him to be fired!

People keep arguing that Hassan isn't any different than other racists/xenophobic angles that the WWE has run in the past AS IF THOSE ANGLES WERE SOMEHOW EVEN REMOTELY ENTERTAINING. The Nation of Domination sucked until the Rocky/Faaroq feud. The Sgt. Slaughter/Iraq War angle was dreadfully bad, and Wrestlemania did poor business that year.

You can't blow this shit off and say "its just entertainment" if its not entertaining. There's nothing entertaining about Hassan pretending to be a terrorist, and there's certainly nothing cool about him making gestures that he's going to cut people's heads off at a time when actual footage of decapitations are being posted on the internet by terrorist groups.

This is rather odd... from WWE.com:

Matt Morgan talks to WWE.com about his release

July 7, 2005

By David Agostino

It was less than two months ago that Matt Morgan was at Judgment Day, helping Carlito defeat Big Show. Morgan was one of the more athletic and imposing Superstars on the SmackDown! roster. And at 6-foot-10 and just 28-years-old, Morgan figured to have a bright future with WWE.

And while he still might, that future became slightly more clouded when Morgan was one many Superstars let go by the company earlier this week.

In fact, after Morgan saw the first list of cuts on Tuesday, he took a deep breath, only to get the bad news one day later.

“I saw the first list of guys let go and my heart just went out to them,” Morgan said in an exclusive WWE.com interview. “Still, you’re happy it’s not you. Then the second day you get the call.”

Morgan had become a semi-regular on SmackDown!, even appearing on the July 7 show. Considering how much he was on TV of late, Morgan was stunned by his release.

“It was kind of shocked,” Morgan said. “I thought I was doing everything they asked of me. I’m still so new to the sport and I have such an upside. I’m still going to get to where I have to go, I’m just going to have to take a different avenue.”

Currently, Morgan, who was part of Tough Enough 2, said he’s looking over a pair of offers he’s received for small movie roles. But, above everything else, he’s committed to returning to wrestling.

“Wrestling is still my top priority,” Morgan said. “I will look at my options, whether that means wrestling in Japan, Germany, anywhere overseas. Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward. I want to get the opportunity to come back and show everyone the real Matt Morgan. The guy who’s the most athletic and promising big man in the sport.”

Still, Morgan had a blast over the last couple months, and he’s still confident a return will be in the works one day.

“It was awesome, I had the time of my life,” Morgan said. “I want to thank all of the McMahons, Jim Ross, John Laurinaitis and Fit Finlay for giving me the opportunity. I will see them again. I learned about having fun and not being wound so tight. It didn’t work out this time, but I’m willing to accept it and grow from it. I’m just 28, I’m only going to get better.”

Guest Fishyswa

You can't blow this shit off and say "its just entertainment" if its not entertaining.

But what people find entertaining is an individual, there's no this is entertaining and this isn't. If someone finds it entertaining, it is.

There's nothing entertaining about Hassan pretending to be a terrorist, and there's certainly nothing cool about him making gestures that he's going to cut people's heads off at a time when actual footage of decapitations are being posted on the internet by terrorist groups.

Come on, the show hasn't even aired yet, he hasn't even cut a promo explaining anything yet, you have no clue where they're going with this. Just because it invokes thoughts of terrorists you've already mapped out how it'll play in your head. Can you tell the future? No.

Bottomline, it's INTENDED to be entertainment, whether it is or isn't falls on you.