TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

Family Guy

Between the Neverending Story and A-Ha references, I've marked out hard during this episode.

Decent episode, but a lot of it only confirmed what I said in this post earlier today. I wish they'd do a lot more straightforward jokes, like Peter arguing with the judge. The first half of the third segment looked promising and I thought they could end the episode without overresorting of referential humor, but it went downhill after the flight into the sewer

Holy shit!  You Can't Do That on Television!

I missed the show - what was the joke/reference?

Old Canadian show that was on Nickelodeon. Kind of a variety/sketch comedy show for kids. Whenever anyone in any sketch said "I don't know", they'd get covered in green slime (same with "Water" and water).

Known for earliest American exposure to Alanis Morissette.

I know YCDTOTV. I watched it all the time when I was younger. I had a crush on Alanis when she was on it. I was asking what the Family Guy joke/reference was (I guess I didn't really make it clear - sorry).

SS, CV is watching the FG rerun at 9:30. There was no reference in the new episode so you missed nothing.

The Quagmire stuff was great, as was the tastelessly hilarious scene with Peter doing comedy for sick kids.

Guest Olympic Slam

Horrible shitty epsiode that I should have turned off at the first sign of an Ah Ha reference. Somehow the pop culture references were more annoying than ever. I didn't think there was enough human potential in the world to achieve such a triumph, but there you have it.