TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

OAO Raw Thread (7/18/05)

Guest TysonTomko420

HOGAN RULES

He gets the most crowd reaction of anyone

I guess with HHH gone all the internet hate has shifted full force to Edge.

I never got why he's so detested (Matt Hardy thing not withstanding), granted he hasn't seemed to make that jump over into superstardom, but I'm in no way turned off by the prospect of an Edge push.

Guest Fishyswa

Who hates Edge? He's a bit bland in the ring and I have a feeling he's not what one would call "a great person", but his ranting promo style is awesome and in a tag environment he can be awesome.

I guess with HHH gone all the internet hate has shifted full force to Edge.

I never got why he's so detested (Matt Hardy thing not withstanding), granted he hasn't seemed to make that jump over into superstardom, but I'm in no way turned off by the prospect of an Edge push.

He's not that bad.

But he's not very good.

He's just Edge.

You forgot that Orton isn't on Raw anymore either.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

I want a "Hogan Knows Best" t-shirt.

points to those who finds me a website.

Uh Shawn, what about Kurt Angle, and Brock Lesnar, Undertaker?

Just reading a couple posts regarding the Edge thing...

Guys, you do realize what's he's saying is scripted, right? The smark comment was so written by the writers, because the internet is stupid and stuff like that. I really doubt, since Edge has said nothing but positive things about the internet in the past, that that was inprov my Edge.

He's not that bad.

But he's not very good.

He's just Edge.

I love Edge as a member of a tag team, he's fine in that role. He just hasn't really changed anything about himself as a singles wrestler, and it makes his singles matches, for the most part, come off very shitty in my eyes. Most, I said most not all, of his good matches have either been tag matches or singles matches with some sort of gimmick.

That is what is holding him back from going all the way, in my eyes.

Guest Askewniverse
Uh Shawn, what about Kurt Angle, and Brock Lesnar, Undertaker?

And Yokozuna.

I've said it before, but I want to see Michaels superkick Hogan during a Hulk-up.

Guys, you do realize what's he's saying is scripted, right? The smark comment was so written by the writers, because the internet is stupid and stuff like that. I really doubt, since Edge has said nothing but positive things about the internet in the past, that that was inprov my Edge.

Well yea, it was clearly written..but still doesn't stop it from being a 'written shoot'. (aka worked shoot) Because I don't even think Edge/Lita have been together for 6 months on tv.

Don't believe anyone was saying it was straight improv?

Who hates Edge? He's a bit bland in the ring and I have a feeling he's not what one would call "a great person", but his ranting promo style is awesome and in a tag environment he can be awesome.

Meh, the Edge hate has been going on since 2002 around here. Ever since he and Angle had that goofy feud, a group of posters have got on his back and ranted and raved against him ever since.

Yes.

However, I'm convinced WWE doesn't see anything in his future any greater than he's doing now. He might, might get a token title reign, but not much more than that.

I like Shawn mouthing "Same old stuff", good starting point for next weeks Shawn promo