TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

OAO Raw Thread (7/18/05)

Hardy/Edge peaked last week.

Not for me. Although, the "Hardy attacks Edge and gets tackled" peaked this week. One of them needs to bleed now.

I think that if Hardy and Edge are feuding, then the WWE had better get farther with this. Therefore, I think it's safe to say Hardy costs Edge the match next week.

Also, for right now at least, even if he has to job to Cena, it's good to see Jericho in the limelight again (though it will most likely not last very long)

Guest JMA

Not for me. Although, the "Hardy attacks Edge and gets tackled" peaked this week. One of them needs to bleed now.

I think that if Hardy and Edge are feuding, then the WWE had better get farther with this. Therefore, I think it's safe to say Hardy costs Edge the match next week.

Also, for right now at least, even if he has to job to Cena, it's good to see Jericho in the limelight again (though it will most likely not last very long)

Agreed on both counts. Even though I know he's not winning, I'm very happy that Jericho is in the SummerSlam main event.

OK...just got home from Raw.

I thought it was a fun show live, despite what people said.

ANYWAY...non-televised/International Heat:

Someone Murdoch and Garrison Cade (in a cowboy gimmick, going by TNT) d. Balls and Axl with the classic "Hold foot down from outside of ring while partner pins opponent." Balls and Axl were over huge, many ECW chants and such.

Viscera defeats Tomko. Thankfully, no dry hump.

Rene Dupree d. Tajiri with the Cobra Clutch.

Rob Conway d. Val Venis with the Ego Trip.

Hurricane and Rosey d. The Heart Throbs via the Samoan Drop/Eye of the Hurricane combo move.

POST SHOW

The main event of Cena, Batista and Hogan vs. Triple H, JBL, and Michaels was fun, IMO. Fun moment before the match where the faces were staring down the heels...the two champs held their belts up, and Hogan joined in holding up his weight belt as well. Also before the faces came out, Shawn and Trips had a staredown, and JBL played peace keeper to get them to not fight and shake hands.

During the match, the back of Shawn's pants ripped on the right cheek. Thankfully no crack was shown, but was fun. While JBL was in the ring wrestling, Triple H got some duct tape from under the ring, and tried to tape up the hole. He also used it to choke Cena in the ring.

End came when Hogan pinned JBL after the Hulk Up combo, and the three faces celebrated.

I was at Raw tonight.

And it sucked.

- Diva Search was the worst yet.

- Snitsky/Cena was awfully slow and boring.

- Angle Invitational was pointless and lame.

- Edge/Kane got a few cheers but was silly, the cage wasn't used as it should've been.

- Carlito/Shelton was a bore...Jesus, "bonzo gonzo nearfalls almost 3 counts" repeatedly after what, 3 minutes in? Ugh.

Even the dark match, a 6-man with Hogan, Cena, and Batista Vs. JBL, Triple H, and Michaels (the latter two shook hands after a staredown) was pretty slow.

Rob Conway looked like he time traveled back to the 70's and beat the shit out of a couple Village People and jack their gear.

Unless Maria is a REALLY good actress, I think I'd just laugh at her attempt to be "vengeful".

Agreed. But there was a time that Trish was horrible on the mic, too, and now people line up to drool over her heel promos. Give Maria some practice and acting lessons, and she could be passable.

And I think she's really hot, so I'd defend her regardless.

Guest AfricanAmerican
And remember folks, next week we'll get another Carlito/Shelton match too.

The fued is seeming a lot like Christian/Booker for the IC title a few years ago. Christian got himself counted out and disqualified purposely previous to another match between the two.

I'll predict that there's a false win for Benjamin as Carlito puts his put on the ropes during the pin. Ref will notice after counting 3, and the match will restart.

Back then, Booker went on to get the pin to win his first IC title, doubt they'll end Carlito's reign this early though.

Well, with Kane v. Edge in a stretcher match next week, rest assured someone other than the regular "ambulance" crew will be ready to open the rear doors.

"Where to, Adam? Hahahahahahahaha!"

Well, with Kane v. Edge in a stretcher match next week, rest assured someone other than the regular "ambulance" crew will be ready to open the rear doors.

"Where to, Adam? Hahahahahahahaha!"

Way to read the thread before you post...

Angle faces yet ANOTHER jobber. Angle struggles to beat yet ANOTHER jobber.

did you not even watch the challenge the last two weeks?

Stryker is a jobber. He's never won a match and has already lost three. The way he's been booked so far indicates that he is the definition of a jobber.

I was there last night, fun show live especially for where my seats were. The Diva Search got a HUGE "Boring" chant...

I was 6 rows behind Al Keiper's god Bobby Abreu....

You said you had a "Masters Fears Talent" sign, right?

If so, I saw you. I was the bald guy in the blue Superman shirt with the "Undisputed" WWE title belt in the section to your left.

Haha, Matt Hardy driving the ambulance with Edge in the back...that would be really funny actually. It's more like Austin/Bret stuff than UT though. "Stone Cold" Matt Hardy?