TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fartsauce

A comment Foley made in his bonus chapter

After buying the original of Foley's 'Have a Nice Day" I noticed the other day my buddy had the paperback version of the book. I got excited because I had never read the bonus chapter before. In the chapter, Foley mentions about a conversation he had with his wife before his Wrestlemania 2000 match saying that he wasn't going to sell because of "philosophical" differences he had with one of the competitors in the match. Was it ever revealed which guy he had the problems with? My guess would be Big Show but i'm not exactly sure why. He always seemed to put Hunter over quite well and it appeared he got all of his problems out of the way with Rock. Any ideas?

Guest wildpegasus

Someone must know this. I remember reading the book and wondering who it was too.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Doesn't he talk about his grudge with the Rock in his 2nd book?

Yeah, but what happened after the I Quit match caused a lot of heat.

Foley was pissed cause Rock didn't check up on him after the match, though Rock said he did...though the cameras never caught him stopping by in Beyond the Mat.

They settled issues but I guess they didn't before Mania 16.

According to the bonus stuff in Foley is Good, they settled their issues after Wrestlemania 2000.

So, all through the Rock and Sock stuff, they hated each other? That seems a little....uh....strange.

Ok, I just read the epilogue and the two talked it out sometime in 2001. In his own words Mick said he thinks he was holding onto his bitterness and hatred for a promo that never happened. So yeah, I guess Mick did hate Rock for that entire period, but you have to remember that he's a professional and wouldn't do anything stupid.

According to the bonus stuff in Foley is Good, they settled their issues after Wrestlemania 2000.

So, all through the Rock and Sock stuff, they hated each other? That seems a little....uh....strange.

There's been tag team champions that hated each others guts, to the point they couldn't stand the very sight of each other. It happens. Certain people know how to be professionals and work around it.

IIRC, Snow felt hosed when Foley made a comment on a live Heat that Snow could never be a furniture salesman because he doesn't sell chairs. The following night, Snow does commentary and instead of putting over the angle he is in, he decided to use some painful putdowns on Foley. It was kinda tough to watch since none of the jokes were funny and the commentators were basically begging him to change the subject.

Afterwards, Vince pretty much tears Snow a new asshole and their friendship suffered for a while . . . Foley's and Snow's, not Snow's and Vince's.