TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

There hasn't been a major innovation in music

I guess I respect your opinion since you're american...but Reggaeton is one of the best genres to dance to AND it has great lyrics. I think you know spanish because I have seen you translate stuff before so read this lyrics...Lito y Polaco -Mirate al Espejo

De chamaquito yo...

Capiaba y enrolaba

Camino a la escuela fumaba

Y me arrebataba

Así janguiaba 

En el salón yo la formaba

Un día el maestro nebuleo

y lo figue con mi navaja

Que tonto fue, se busco su fin

Ni que meterse con el gran Charlie Motin

Yo no se que rayos pensaba 

Pero el maestro no me iba poder quitar mi ranking

Empezé a meterme a residenciales

Empezé a cojerle el gusto

A los metales

Me hice hermanito de los anormales 

Y ese fue el comienzo de todos mis males

No soportaba andar pelao

Y de guardia disfrazao

Deje pa'l de puntos pegao

Eso fue un foul

Con el vacilon

Ya yo no estaba tan rankiao

Y yo guerrie,

Guerra tras guerra 

Y yo viví

Muerte tras muerte

Y consumí

Droga tras droga

De la escuela callejera me gradué con to y diploma

Los dejaba en coma 

Si salía y los cazaba en mi Sonoma

Les pasaba por encima y le chillaba gomas

Pai no es broma

Si y en la semana, fumando marihuana 

Mataba al que me daba la gana

Meses pasaron y todo empeoro

Pues en la calle se regó que era un abusador

Y con honor por hay capiaba

No me importaba, abusaba y mucha mierda que hablaban

Se cansaron, chotiaron 

Y me rastrearon

Y mientras yo dormía los de C.I.C. entraron

Me trancaron

Y saliendo de admisiones

En la sillita me sentaron

Ay papi, yo no sabia

Que un día Charlie Motin

A este hoyo me caería

Mientras lo oía yo lo sentía 

Que me quitaron la vida

Fueron como doce hombres que flores me hundían

Fue culpa mía 

Sabia que esto llegaría

Mi trayectoria como abusador

Así como no perdone

No me quisieron dar perdón

Padre, mírate al espejo

Y que ves?

Como destruyes tu familia

Por tu andar bebiendo, fumando, tripiando

En la calle janguiando

Padre, mírate al espejo

Y que ves?

Como se llevan a tu hijo

Y vas a verlo preso

O muerto en uno de esos funerales

Padre, mírate al espejo

Y que ves?

Como destruyes tu familia

Por tu andar bebiendo, fumando, tripiando

En la calle janguiando

Padre, mírate al espejo

Y que ves?

Como se llevan a tu hijo

Y vas a verlo preso

O muerto en uno de esos funerales

¿Y que ves?

I'm mexican and i gotta say imo regeton is the most annoying genre i've ever heard. My sisters listen to it a lot and it just gets on my nerves so much. Does Gasolina count as regeton? Cause thats the worst song ever recorded.

but of course if you like it then crank it up.

Yes...but the song is not that bad it's just that it got too much radio play. Not the best reggaeton song but not the worst.

I guess to people who are not used to it, it might be annoying but it's really good and I'd say it's the best genre. I've been listening to I was 7. To newbies it's annoying at first but once they get used to it they love it too. I don't know about mexicans though....I don't think you guys can understand our brand of spanish but if you don't you can still dance to the beats. For me it's the lyrics though.

Guest Retro Rob
Scalp your tickets and buy her something nice.

That's what you should do, but you are an asshole so I don't think you will.

Maybe Americans don't like Reggaeton but it's the biggest genre of music right now in the rest of the contient and Europe(not Including U.K) and it's pretty innovative.

I wouldn't say that. I went to a concert last night in MSG that had about 20+ reggaeton acts and that shit was sold out. They were turning people away at the doors. Amazing show. Literally everyone from the scene besides Tego and Daddy Yankee where there. Don Omar and Adventura did an amazing performance of Ella Y Yo. There is definitely more to reggaeton than Daddy Yankee and the other remixes that get mainstream play.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

How is the rest of the world supposed to relate to tropical rhythms and the local political scene of the caribbean? I know I don't. Even the laid back stuff can't appeal to everyone.

What he said. It's caribbean, most people don't understand caribbean. That's why when Wyclef Jean put out that album of caribbean music it didn't sell too well (I like that album, though).

How is the rest of the world supposed to relate to tropical rhythms and the local political scene of the caribbean? I know I don't. Even the laid back stuff can't appeal to everyone.

i don't buy that. there's plenty of reggae/dance hall artists like mia or even damian marley that are not singing topical songs about their region. do tropical rhythems actually scare away listeners? saying people in america can't relate to the words of bob marley is like saying no one outside of north america & western europe can't relate to bob dylan. i don't get it? are dylans protest songs culturally limiting, too?

America is a much larger and more influential region than Jamaica. That's what impressed me about Marley, he made the music of such a small and relatively insignificant region world reknown. It's not impossible to relate to it, no, as there are plenty of reggae fans all around the world. And if you just don't like the way it sounds, you can't blame anybody for that. But it's like listening to Eskimo music... most people won't "get" it.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

i don't buy that. there's plenty of reggae/dance hall artists like mia or even damian marley that are not singing topical songs about their region. do tropical rhythems actually scare away listeners? saying people in america can't relate to the words of bob marley is like saying no one outside of north america & western europe can't relate to bob dylan. i don't get it? are dylans protest songs culturally limiting, too?

I wasn't inferring that all reggae artists were as I described, but you have to admit that my statement applies to most reggae music, in terms of substance and influence. I don't think Bob Dylan and Mia or Damian Marley are much of a comparison as far as influence and appeal are concerned. Bob Marley definitely struck that kind of a cultural chord, though, but he's obviously the exception rather than the rule.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

You can see him in your local department store's underwear catalog.