TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, that was awesome. I loved how she busted out that weird accent Palin has, too. It's like a step away from being Marge Gunderson in Fargo.

EDIT: This is re: Tina Fey playing Sarah Palin, not that retarded Obama Waffle shit up there.

capt.f6bb2313399647049be04be63b873304.obama_waffles_wx105.jpg

"Change you can taste."

Oh, come on...except for the part about the Arab headdress, that's actually kind of funny.

I don't really understand why Obama's being attacked for "waffling" though. Did they just have a bunch of jokes left over from their John Kerry files. Has Obama really changed his positon on anything besides FISA and the PATRIOT Act (which you'd think the Republicans would be happy about since he essentially adopted their position)? Especially when compared to a certain Arizona Senator?

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, seriously.

When I was in Atlanta last weekend, surrounded by a bunch of my old friends from high school who grew up with conservative families, I mentioned something about how McCain seemed to change his position all the time, and then my buddy said, "Oh I heard it was Obama that was the flip flopper" and I was like WTF. Yeah maybe from your dad who gets all his news from Drudge. (He seriously does, the first time I'd ever heard of that site was from his dad, who aside from being mega-conservative, is a pretty cool guy)

I guess when people can't find anything else to attack on, they just say this person's a flip flopper, because apparently the people we want to vote into the highest position of power in the country can NEVER change his or her mind on anything.

And accepting public financing. So that's three.

Its okay for a politician to change his mind when presented with new information (the second PATRIOT Act was revised from the original version for example), but I have a problem when its done specifically to court a certain type of voter.

McCain changing his mind on drilling can at least be explained by citing the increase in gas prices, even though more offshore drilling won't lead to an increase in the gas supply anytime soon. McCain's change in position on Roe v. Wade, immigration, talks with Hezbollah, tax cuts, or VP qualifications? Utter bullshit pandering.

Of course, neither McCain nor Obama have ANYTHING on Mitt Romney.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us/polit...amp;oref=slogin

So when there was a vacancy at the top of the State Division of Agriculture, [Palin] appointed a high school classmate, Franci Havemeister, to the $95,000-a-year directorship. A former real estate agent, Ms. Havemeister cited her childhood love of cows as a qualification for running the roughly $2 million agency.

Ms. Havemeister was one of at least five schoolmates Ms. Palin hired, often at salaries far exceeding their private sector wages.

It just keeps coming.

Damn news media.

art.cindy.gi.jpg

"In spite of what you see …in the newspapers, and on shows like The View — I don't know if any of you saw The View yesterday, they picked our bones clean — in spite of what you see, that's not what the American people are saying and what they are believing," said [Cindy] McCain, in a recording obtained by ABC News. "They are now seeing a clear difference with these candidates, and they are seeing who is going to make the best president, and that's why we're pulling ahead."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...ur-bones-clean/

180px-RNIXON.gif

"You tell 'em, sister!"

A little backtracking by McCain...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080915/ap_on_...mccain_lipstick

Tucker Bounds get lit up by Fox News blonde.

Oh, she's SO fired.

Tucker Bounds is either a total doofus, or just keeps drawing the short straw to go out there and sell some seriously screwed up talking points.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5isOFwdb...TI1gMgD937FJC82

"In 19 months he has not named one thing he would do differently from this administration on the central issue of this election," Obama said of McCain. "Not one thing. And we know that if we go down that path, that the next four years will look exactly like the last eight."

Dear Mr. Obama,

Thanks for reading The Smart Marks forums and taking my suggestions. It means a lot to me.

Love,

Mr. Pbone

Why does McCain keep running Tucker out there?

Didn't he get owned by Campbell?

I'm not sure who Campbell is, but does Campbell work for CNN? Cause got owned there too.

I feel kinda bad for him though.

"We play both sides, but no one has been a bigger supporter of Palin as a working mother as I have been!"

Maybe I don't fucking want a working mother who has no geopolitical understanding to be in office. I think it was Paul Krugman who asked, "Is Ben Bernake constantly in her ear, educating her on the very basics of the American economy?"

I was Palin discussing with a friend one day. I said that I expect politicians to debate issues and things on a much higher and defined level than I could not on the campaign trail, but Palin strikes me as someone that I, little old me, could school when it comes to debate. Does anyone else feel like this?

It seemed like McCain was just trying to play up the "media hates me" utter bullshite cherade because it is a rallying cry of the far-right in this country.

It's all the medias fault, ALWAYS!!!

I like how McCain never hated the media until 2008.

Factcheck.org wrote a piece about Corsi's Obama Nation book.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/co...ll_hatchet.html

Here's some obscure info I came across the other day...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/elec...ape-exams_N.htm

Though, even as much as I despise her, I have a hard time believing Palin would support this practice. Still, the fact that it took an act of intervention from the state government to end something the police chief she appojnted supported, is puzzling.

Sign in to follow this