TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Guest Vitamin X
Community college is a 2 year AA program, and is shitty.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, back the fuck off, dude.

Community college is actually pretty fucking smart for folks who didn't have parents saving up money for them to go to school, or scholarships or any of that junk. In California, at least when I was there, it cost $11 PER CREDIT. That means my tuition and books PER TERM was like, $150. It's probably gone up now, reflecting community colleges elsewhere where it costs about $60, $70 a credit or more, but it's an incredible benefit to have for a lot of people that they won't even have to pay for that if they choose to do it.

Furthermore, you take the exact same classes, mainly filling in General Education requirements, that you would at a 4-year university, and save a lot of money in the process. Hell, one of the dumbest decisions I ever made was ditching my community college in Miami (whose chess team, funny enough, beat Harvard's- NO JOKE) and going to an arts school for a little over a year and then coming out here instead of finishing up my AA degree (which most people get to just transfer to a 4-year afterwards) and then going to a good school out here.

100 hours of community service isn't that bad. That's like what, 25 hours a week for a month, or ~10-15 over the course of a short summer? That's nothing, and it's great experience.

I don't know what argument you think I was trying to make, VX. It's a good and inexpensive alternative to no school, but it's no university, I think we can all agree on that.

And my point behind the matter is that the ACLU/NAACP doesn't give a rats ass about their rights to be able to register to vote, because if they thought for half a second that the majority of the people being detained at the detention centers would be voting Republican they wouldn't even bother, especially in this area where the Democrats are doing everything they can to win a house seat away from the Republicans who have held the seat for almost the last 20 years.

Thats swell. Criminals for OBAMA!

Hm... Let me look at that again...

And my point behind the matter is that the ACLU/NAACP doesn't give a rats ass about their rights to be able to register to vote, because if they thought for half a second that the majority of the people being detained at the detention centers would be voting Republican they wouldn't even bother, especially in this area where the Democrats are doing everything they can to win a house seat away from the Republicans who have held the seat for almost the last 20 years.

Thats swell. Criminals for OBAMA!

Yeah, I'm going to call bullshit. Not only is that a fairly shitty reason (You're trying to point to hypothetical hypocrisy, for Christ's sake), but that's completely not what you were trying to do in the first post. You put forth the idea that criminals would be voting for Obama, when that was obviously not the case (Even the article noted this stuff, but didn't recognize it). That's a bit different than your second bullshit idea, which gets its proof from a hypothetical.

Remember that time when you got $500 or whatever and then pocketed it because you couldn't find a charitable organization that you felt would utilize your dollar to the max? (see: bullshit) Yeah. Fuck you. Don't give me any of that community service shit when you can't walk the walk.

Yeah, and how many people even actually gave any thought to donating their stimulus check to a charity? Not very many I bet, since the government was almost tripping over itself to point out that you should go spend the money instead of saving it or paying debt off.

And talking about walking the walk, Ive volunteered for Relay for Life through my job and I also voluntered at the Lowcountry Food Bank of Charleston back when I was in College in SC. Ive donated money to the American Heart Association and Johns Hopkins Hospital. I've participated in trash cleanups at the beach on several occasions, worked at a homeless shelter helping to feed people over the holidays. I dare say Ive done more community service work (outside of what the state of Maryland requires High School Students to do to graduate) than most people my age in my area. Im not going to sit here and say these things if I didnt actually do them myself (Im not a politician!).

Well, it's go time.

I'm not sure how comfortable I am with CNN already giving Obama 277 electoral votes and calling the race "over", in effect.

A few weeks too early for that, I think.

McCain started good, but he lost it when he tried going back to the Depression speech. Obama needs to press McCain more on "how", which the Mod is doing well and forcing him to stumble.

What does the nature of the campaign have to do with what voters care about? This is a ridiculous question.

What does the nature of the campaign have to do with what voters care about? This is a ridiculous question.

He's trying to get McCain to talk about Bill Ayers.

Can't they just Hug it Out?

Sign in to follow this